• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Pirates at Orioles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marte walks in the second Bucco run. That's Tillman's third walk issued this first inning.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And two is all we'll get, as Barmes pulls a Barmes and strikes out looking at a pitch right down the gut.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Machado's getting some kind of ovation for his return from injury.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tremendous play by Alvarez to end the inning.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Indy....Polanco got a triple almost gone and then Lambo crushed one to give them a 3-2 lead.

Polanco last AB he took a great change up that you would normally see a hitter swing and miss. He is showing good plate discipline. As for Lambo's HR it was a pitch a Lefty wouldn't normally hit out but he flat out crushed it showing his true power.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy game is in a fog delay in the 7th.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear any update on Locke but when Irwin was in there he had some pretty good stuff.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cumpton is looking good again tonight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaby drives in the third with a triple off the wall in right.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis with an RBI poke, driving in Barmes, who got hit in the head and didn't react to get on base.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more embarrassed with this team than the 100 loss years.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hard to imagine how that could happen when you don't replace the departing free agents, don't fill any of the existing holes and don't play the best rightfielder available to you.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to imagine how that could happen when you don't replace the departing free agents, don't fill any of the existing holes and don't play the best rightfielder available to you.

Other than Polanco, they got their first basemen and the pitcher who replace Burnett has been really good.

The team is sucking cause Pedro, Mercer, Marte, RF, and the bullpen among others are sucking.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is overly simplistic to say that volquez replaces burnett, done deal.
It is also an exaggeration to say that ike davis was their ideal target at 1b.

We didn't sign enough starting pitchers and we made a (possibly) lateral move to replace garrett jones. I was consistent in my belief that wandy was not going to work out and him sucking has been a big problem. I also expressed skepticism about liriano and morton who have both been okay but not good. I didn't specifically anticipate taillon's injury but i did broadly predict that we should expect at least one of the starters to get injured.

Basically the season has unfolded as i expected that it would. It's even a little worse so far than i thought it would be but my season prediction was based on a presumed improved quality of play in the second half of the season after polanco and taillon (ugh) joined the roster.

Now that taillon is injured i think we're about a .500 team at best. Possibly 90 losses when all is said and done.

There's an outside chance that cumpton, kingham, locke or glasnow can give us a boost i guess.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is overly simplistic to say that volquez replaces burnett, done deal.
It is also an exaggeration to say that ike davis was their ideal target at 1b.

We didn't sign enough starting pitchers and we made a (possibly) lateral move to replace garrett jones. I was consistent in my belief that wandy was not going to work out and him sucking has been a big problem. I also expressed skepticism about liriano and morton who have both been okay but not good. I didn't specifically anticipate taillon's injury but i did broadly predict that we should expect at least one of the starters to get injured.

Basically the season has unfolded as i expected that it would. It's even a little worse so far than i thought it would be but my season prediction was based on a presumed improved quality of play in the second half of the season after polanco and taillon (ugh) joined the roster.

Now that taillon is injured i think we're about a .500 team at best. Possibly 90 losses when all is said and done.

There's an outside chance that cumpton, kingham, locke or glasnow can give us a boost i guess.

To date I don't find it simplistic at all. And to date is what we are talking about.

Ideal, maybe not, but they needed a LH hitter to play first base, Ike Davis is a pretty good option. He's not an all star, but he's a legit ML bat.

Ok, fair enough, you expected regression. I don't see how that changes anything, they weren't going to get rid of Morton or Liriano or the bullpen, even if we expected regression those guys are on the team no matter what.

So you expected the terribleness of the position players too, the bad defense? I mean this is pretty close to 'everything that could have gone wrong is going wrong scenario'

Point is, outside 2-3 moves, 20+ guys on the current roster were always going to be on the field this season. And no amount of predicting regression was going to change that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To date I don't find it simplistic at all. And to date is what we are talking about.

Ideal, maybe not, but they needed a LH hitter to play first base, Ike Davis is a pretty good option. He's not an all star, but he's a legit ML bat.

Ok, fair enough, you expected regression. I don't see how that changes anything, they weren't going to get rid of Morton or Liriano or the bullpen, even if we expected regression those guys are on the team no matter what.

So you expected the terribleness of the position players too, the bad defense? I mean this is pretty close to 'everything that could have gone wrong is going wrong scenario'

Point is, outside 2-3 moves, 20+ guys on the current roster were always going to be on the field this season. And no amount of predicting regression was going to change that.

The bad defense is especially shocking to me. Walker's in particular. He spent three or four years being steady if unspectacular. Now he's neither steady nor spectacular. I expected Mercer and Alvarez to be just okay, but overall the infield defense has been bad. Despite the aid of shifts, they're not getting to anything.

Which partially explains our pitching regression, especially since our pitchers focus on getting ground balls.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, Lambo seems like a good option, he's hitting the ball, and Snider has been useless most of his career with the Pirates. That seems like a logical move.

Other than that, the teams best players just need to play better, almost across the board.