• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies Vs Reds Series.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Lively is on a roll. 7 IP 12Ks , 0 runs today

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Joseph is getting the Darin Ruf treatment. Mack is an idiot for keeping this kid out of the game.
Play one game and sit two or three games. Looks like he is trying to convince Joseph that he can't hit righties.
Managers get fixated on that stuff thinking it automatically applies to everybody.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nary a truer word was related Northeast. I was starting to think some similar about Joseph but you beat me to the post but you are spot on. MacKinin is a dope for doing this when he has a first baseman that can really do well for the Phillies and perhaps MacKinin's blindness is keeping him from seeing that the Ruf treatment he is blinding doing to Joseph has no short or long term upside!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nary a truer word was related Northeast. I was starting to think some similar about Joseph but you beat me to the post but you are spot on. MacKinin is a dope for doing this when he has a first baseman that can really do well for the Phillies and perhaps MacKinin's blindness is keeping him from seeing that the Ruf treatment he is blinding doing to Joseph has no short or long term upside!
Yeah, no question retro. Nothing positive can come from stupidity. Lets see, call a guy up to the majors because he is hot and your current 1st baseman is cold. Then punish him with bench rot. Screw with his mind while destroying his confidence. I once thought that was an Amaro exclusive, but not anymore.

buster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phils have nothing to lose by playing Joseph on the reg.
You know what you're getting with Howard, and this season, as promising as it has started out, is going nowhere.
They need to know whether Joseph can play at this level, the sooner the better.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Joseph is getting the Darin Ruf treatment. Mack is an idiot for keeping this kid out of the game.
Play one game and sit two or three games. Looks like he is trying to convince Joseph that he can't hit righties.
Managers get fixated on that stuff thinking it automatically applies to everybody.

you do realize not everyone is an automatic starter, correct? one hot month gets him the callup, not a permanent spot on the team. the phils face a lefty tonight and tomorrow, which he is supposed to start against. that's 3 games out his first 5.

his defense is spotty and he's still learning his position. you have to prove you can do something to earn more time. that's the way sports and jobs work in general. wasn't that long ago everyone was making fun of joseph and calling amaro an idiot. of course, now someone else is an idiot for not playing joseph every second because he had a good month.

fans are fans for a reason. mackanin has guided this team, that has barely started their rebuild, to a winning record since last year's all-star break. this after sandberg looked like he had no clue what he was doing. i'm pretty sure he's not an idiot. next thing you know, he'll be called "braindead."

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Joseph earn anything sitting on the bench? Yes his defense is spotty but so is Howards. We are building
for the future. Give Joseph playing time against all pitching.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only been a couple games so hopefully they give him a few shots here and there against RH starters too and for his sake, hopefully he takes advantage of any opportunity they give him. It's tough to break through in a situation like this but it is not impossible. Jayson Werth came here as a right handed complement to Geoff Jenkins and played his way into a starting role and ended up making millions of dollars in free agency. (of course Werth was a very good defensive outfielder and could play all three positions so that helped)

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The odd thing is that righties hit Straily at .275 vs .121 so no reason for Joseph to be out of the lineup.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy crap, retro, you're suggesting BD #2?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should give it some time to play out. It's only been three games since he got here. Also, we have two lefties in a row coming up against Miami so we'll see if he gets a chance.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odd thing is that righties hit Straily at .275 vs .121 so no reason for Joseph to be out of the lineup.
Good point jvett. Where re the stats guys when you need them? However, it's the managers fixation
about righties and lefties that can limit a players chances. Short sighted in my opinion. By the way A sports
writer mentioned that Ruf never had more than 3 starts in a row and that is not enough time to get a rythm
going. He also suggests that the Phillies should bench Howard for a while to see if Joseph has what it takes
at the plate. Our future is not in Howard. We owe him nothing except big money.