• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies-Brewers Game Thread

dyhard

Yo mama sucking my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sausage races! That is still too funny.

they showed them on your network? they never show them on TV, can only see them when you go to the games. I know whenever I went I used to bet on the races with friends.

but terrible swing, shouldn't have chased at all, wasn't anywhere near the zone.

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun has back spasms apparently. I know how those are. have them myself after the car accident, but not sure how bad they are for him. can't imagine playing a baseball game with them. bad enough just sitting in a car

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow what a bad inning with the heart of the order. but speaking of the commercial I just saw, I'm really happen K-Rod is the closer this season instead of Axford. after his spectacular season 2 years ago, he just wasn't the same last year. not sure where he's at now, though, but I would like to see him get back to his normal form. was a great guy in the clubhouse too

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could have four team icons, I have the Flyers up there dyhard. I was born and raised in PA. Got to see the Lakers, Rams, Flyers, and the Phillies play as a kid. The Lakers and Rams obviously played the associated Philly teams and I always liked those horns. I followed Chamberlain from the Sixers to the Lakers. The Flyers and the Phillies are just my ties to my birth state. I live in Phoenix right now.

I hear you on that throwing over to first. I think teams do it to wear out the runner. It seldom accomplishes that but I have seen a number of our young bullpen get runners out at first just by throwing over there. I can see how it would disrupt a pitcher's focus though.

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Duke hasn't been scored on in the past 6 games and has a 46-6 K-BB ratio. I hope he can pitch the 7th and 8th, don't want to have to go too much into the bullpen

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the games on wiziwig t.v. on the computer. They show everything and it is free.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how Duke does against Revere who has been pretty good tonight in hitting.

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could have four team icons, I have the Flyers up there dyhard. I was born and raised in PA. Got to see the Lakers, Rams, Flyers, and the Phillies play as a kid. The Lakers and Rams obviously played the associated Philly teams and I always liked those horns. I followed Chamberlain from the Sixers to the Lakers. The Flyers and the Phillies are just my ties to my birth state. I live in Phoenix right now.

I hear you on that throwing over to first. I think teams do it to wear out the runner. It seldom accomplishes that but I have seen a number of our young bullpen get runners out at first just by throwing over there. I can see how it would disrupt a pitcher's focus though.

that makes sense and I've always wondered why this site limits it to the top 3 when there's 4 major sports in the US. if I could have a 4th, it'd be the Bucks to be honest but with how strange this sounds, I've always really enjoyed the Bulls and love their team but I'll always have my home ties to the Bucks. never really have had a solid favorite team in the NBA, but used to love Phoenix with their fast-paced offense, rooted for Dallas and have liked the Bucks and Bulls. but makes sense with everything you said.

when I used to pitch, coaches always told me that I have to throw over to 1st once in a while to keep the runner honest and make sure he doesn't get too big of a lead. every time I've thrown, I never have gotten a runner out. but I hated doing that. the point of the runner on 1st, even if he's not going to steal, is to disrupt the pitcher's rhythm. that's why I never paid attention to them and always told the coaches I'm not going to pay attention to the runner at 1st. I couldn't do it, I have a horrible attention span and couldn't focus on 2 things at once while pitching

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the games on wiziwig t.v. on the computer. They show everything and it is free.

they don't have commercials? must be pretty boring in-between innings

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no jvett. I do primarily wiziwig t.v. I have heard about VIPBox. I have always liked wiziwig.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No commericals dyhard. Just a blank screen that states: Commerical Break. That's when I bump over to the other forums and get in a post or two.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice stop by Reynolds but almost got the ball stuck in his glove.

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since you can probably see it, the wave is and always has been stupid to me. look at the crowd, especially the 1st row right behind home plate. that whole row is just staring at the wave as it goes around. never was fun to me in attendance either.

and great play by Reynolds. just need to get the final out here, but I know this is a tough out with Howard at the plate.

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No commericals dyhard. Just a blank screen that states: Commerical Break. That's when I bump over to the other forums and get in a post or two.

they show all sports/all games?

dyhard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good thing they got out of it, but I've always been annoyed at the batters just jogging down the first base line. if you already wanna say you're out, just might as well stand in the batter's box and wait for the catcher to tag you out

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense dyhard about not focusing on the runner as a pitcher. It's a mixed bag in my opinion. If you have people who can hold the runner honest, I say take advantage of the strategy. But when you have a guy like Rupp who has a rocket arm, it is pretty much a moot point and the pitcher throwing over there is sort of useless.