• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers 1/12/14 | 7:00pm

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had 7 shots on goal this period. Alot of skating with no results.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key to beating the flyers and making them look foolish, forecheck them hard. Most of the players on the team wilt under that pressure.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree awaz and that is exactly what the Rangers have done tonight.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got dominated by the forecheck and our D sucked. Emery just didn't get going till late but by then, the Rangers scored again. On we go with this one in the L column.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fights abound and Schenn applying the knuggies on Moore's head and then two rights and it was over.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds has been jawing all game long and he wanted to take quite few of the Rangers on and then it erupted here at the end. 19 minutes of penalties. What a laugher.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been the seventh straight loss to the Rangers. I think the Flyers are getting tired of losing to these guys.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am irked with Craig Berube letting this mess fester - Ray Emery playing like shit early on gave them no chance of winning - I'm sick and tired of him playing Razor on the road against tough teams - we have no chance against teams like this when we start the backup - quit playing Razor and start riding Steve Mason - the Olympic Break is coming soon so ride Steve Mason until the break - the Flyers need every point they can get - it's obvious the Flyers play better in front of Steve Mason - he doesn't panic unlike Ray Emery

Also, benching Steve Downie was stupid considering how they had nobody good to replace him and with Matt Read already out that's a mistake

Craig Berube is going to have to win back some points from me - he's made a few stupid decisions the last few games and the Flyers are back to square one - they need to start building back some more goodwill because this is not the way you play the game - this is the most pathetic stretch they've had in a while this season - this tells me they still have a lot of work to do and it's time to quit looking at the standings and focus on winning games and playing way better than this - this is unacceptable the way they've played the last two games - and these are against teams who are playing really well - Flyers are not looking good right now

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing to say the least but they were bumrushed at the start and Razer didn't make the saves. Should have went with Mase although Razer did play better throughout and in the end it may have never mattered. This team has to do what got them here....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am irked with Craig Berube letting this mess fester - Ray Emery playing like shit early on gave them no chance of winning - I'm sick and tired of him playing Razor on the road against tough teams - we have no chance against teams like this when we start the backup - quit playing Razor and start riding Steve Mason - the Olympic Break is coming soon so ride Steve Mason until the break - the Flyers need every point they can get - it's obvious the Flyers play better in front of Steve Mason - he doesn't panic unlike Ray Emery

Also, benching Steve Downie was stupid considering how they had nobody good to replace him and with Matt Read already out that's a mistake

Craig Berube is going to have to win back some points from me - he's made a few stupid decisions the last few games and the Flyers are back to square one - they need to start building back some more goodwill because this is not the way you play the game - this is the most pathetic stretch they've had in a while this season - this tells me they still have a lot of work to do and it's time to quit looking at the standings and focus on winning games and playing way better than this - this is unacceptable the way they've played the last two games - and these are against teams who are playing really well - Flyers are not looking good right now

cmon cobie, off the ledge buddy :). it's one game. it's a back to back situation, 95% of coaches in the league start the backup one of the games in a back to back unless it's april and they need a playoff spot. and downie has been just about as useless as rosehill the past few games, i have no problem with the benching.

flyers miss read big time though. in all phases of the game. hopefully he comes back soon.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon cobie, off the ledge buddy :). it's one game. it's a back to back situation, 95% of coaches in the league start the backup one of the games in a back to back unless it's april and they need a playoff spot. and downie has been just about as useless as rosehill the past few games, i have no problem with the benching.

flyers miss read big time though. in all phases of the game. hopefully he comes back soon.

In the NHL these days, you can't afford to lose 1 or 2 points - you won't win them all, but at least lose games with your top guys instead of putting in backups especially against teams who are really good - you don't give your team a good enough and fair chance to win when you put your backup goalie into a game like that - if they wanted to use Razor, it should have been in Buffalo, kind of how they started him in Calgary and Jersey - don't throw him to the wolves against a hot Rangers team

And it's not like the Flyers came into New York late the night before, they had an afternoon tilt on Saturday, got to NY probably around 7:30-8pm, enough time to have a nice dinner and then get back into the hotel and have a real nice sleep before a night game - they should have came out charging and ready to go but they were flat footed and it cost them the game in the first 9 minutes of it - can't come out that way and I think part of it is having Ray Emery in there, a guy that doesn't have the mobility and side to side action that Steve Mason has - it just was not a good combination to have your backup going against a hot Rangers team - I didn't like it and I stand by it