• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 55 - Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers(2-14-16): 7:30pm EST

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I saw the final score of this one before I got to see the tape, so I only skimmed through it later. It really is a game of inches. We very nearly scored before the Rangers did in the 1st. The difference is Lundqvist made a ridiculous save and Mason got caught cheating a bit and gave away a rather silly wraparound that he never should've given up.

That said, I think we score on our first power play if Ghost is able to start it. Overall though, there needs to be more urgency with our top power play unit. There was enough of it at the end of the game, but we're down 0-3 at that point and it's too fucking late to matter.

The blown coverage on the second goal against was a joke and the Rangers showed the proper urgency on their power play to make it 3-0 and put the game away.

Basically, we did not have near enough offensive pressure for all of the power play time we had. Not enough shots on Lundqvist with traffic either.

I can't hang the game on Mase, but it's really tough for him to outduel Lundqvist when he spots them a soft one. That said, we're lacking at the forward position offensively.