• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete DeBoer Death Watch (PETE FIRED BY LOU, NEW COACH NOT YET NAMED)

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A lot of good posts on this thread, here's my two cents

Lou - Has had a rough past 3 years. For every good move he makes, he makes 2 dumb moves to offset them. One step forward (Jagr), two steps backward (Zubrus) But I think his biggest mistake over the past 3 years was not selling our two best assets in Jagr and Zidlicky at the deadline. We would have gotten some great picks and maybe a few prospects back in return. Instead, we added Ruutu and his big contract. Horrible move. Gotta call a spade a spade and see that this team was just not a playoff team this year.

DeBoer - I'm mixed on him. Agree with RP, he was such a huge factor in out coaching everyone in that playoff run. And I love the system he has implemented, but unfortunately this team is now too big, slow and lack of any serious offensive talent that you need to run it. It just doesn't work. And guys like Larsson and Josefson should be in the lineup every night. And they both seem to have been in his doghouse over the past 2 and half years.

State of the Devils - Agree with Cup, I don't want this team to be mediocre for the next 10 years. We've been lucky as fans with the success of this organization over the past 20 years. But the last 5 years (again taking the cup run for granted) have seen this team hit a rut that they have not been able to climb out of. Bad contracts, older players and no youth development, especially on the offensive side, has really put this team in a stalemate. Not saying to clean house, but they need to accept the fact that the way this team is currently built, it is extremely flawed.

I'm frustrated, but I'm hopeful. New owners will do whatever they can to more fans to the arena and to build a better product. But it won't happen overnight.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Debore had the right horses to run his system in 12. Without praise and kovy what do you expect him to do with clowe ruutu zubrus He is playing the hand he was dealt. I really wish we had praise the year after the cup I would've loved to see what they could've done. I don't believe he is making these roster choices over Larson and gelinas.

Everyone thinks these owners are saviors. We'll the roster is going to be 75% the same next year and their main reason for buying the team was to get their hands on the arena they even said so. I'm worried their main focus is to lose as little money as possible with this team. What the sixers just lost 20 in a row? Think they care if the on ice product is good and fans come to games? Worst thing you can have IMO is billionaire owners who are ok taking a 30 million write down if they can have the 5th busiest arena in North America. How many owners can say that? Who cares if the devils are 30th to them. We will see

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
System or no...there is NO EXCUSE for coming out flat AGAIN in the 1st in a game you need. FIRE PETE

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and NO EXCUSE for ignoring shootouts. Even if you don't agree with the idea of shootouts it doesn't mean you can just throw away 1/8th of the season. Practice the fucking shootout if you are performing poorly or atleast pull the goalie near the end of OT if you are so against it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just goes to show why Lou made a move for Ruutu... all he really adds to the offense is $$$... i mean, we had guys that he does....

we need goal scorers or speedsters for counters... but we got a Zubrus/Clowe/Bernier mix....

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Devils haven't been able to survive the loss of Kovy and Parise. Even last season if we had Cory instead of Moose/Marty, we would have been in the playoffs for sure. Losing both those guys is 1/3 of your total goals. Not sure where they should go from here, you can't just say let's rebuild for a few years, because getting Cory is a win now move. Where do you get those goals from right now? We don't really have the trade assets. That leaves Free Agency, but are we going to back up the truck to pay a guy like Vanek?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no one expected them to survive the loss of those 2. maybe people that are deLOUsinal thought we could. which as great of a trade as cory WAS (until he resigns). it doesn't make sense since this team isn't going to win squat next year either. so what is the goal here? to fight for the 8th seed and then get blown away by boston or pitt? sure seems like it to me because i can't get my head around the fact that we didn't move anyone at the deadline and added another scrub for 2 more years!

this whole organization is a shit show. its amazing how the mighty have fallen. this team will not get fixed until lou steps down plain and simple.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
also would like to bring up the inability to win more then 3 games in a row

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I honestly do not remember the last time the team was so frustrating to watch compared to this season.
The worst is its just rinse and repeat with this team. Its the same thing over and over. They will play one good game, and then 2 bad ones. Zero consistency all season except when it comes to shootout, throw in the towel.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally the team came out in the 1st period like it mattered.

Now lets see if Pete can do it again tonight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone want Torts if Vancouver cans him? lol

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't know. I think Torts can be an A-hole,but this team needs somebody similar to him. I just don't want the team to be falling all over the defensive zone blocking shots all game. Cory would be a fan I think.
It would be awkward seeing DeBoer leaving the building and bumping into his replacement (torts)

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its like watching the same movie 20 times in a row and hoping for a different ending.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only plus to torts coming in would mean Lou is gone that's the only way torts gets hired. I think lavolette would be good or maybe Ron Wilson.

To those Lou supporters 3 playoff misses in 4 years think other gms can do that lol

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone want Torts if Vancouver cans him? lol

Aside from the being an asshole, he'[s seems to be getting worse with players as he gets older. Everey team he goes to he has a shorter shelf life

No thanks, I'd take Lavy over him for sure

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only plus to torts coming in would mean Lou is gone that's the only way torts gets hired. I think lavolette would be good or maybe Ron Wilson.

To those Lou supporters 3 playoff misses in 4 years think other gms can do that lol

haters gotta hate

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
3 playoff misses in 4 years. 1 trip past the 2nd round in 11 years. 0 cups in 11 years.

yeah i think we can find a gm with that type of "success" lol

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aside from the being an asshole, he'[s seems to be getting worse with players as he gets older. Everey team he goes to he has a shorter shelf life

No thanks, I'd take Lavy over him for sure

I agree. Torts seems to be the only coach that has worse communication skills than DeBoer.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do NOT want Torts...ever. The guy attracts too much attention to him, and not the team. That's not what we need. Other than his press conferences being comedic value, I'm not a fan.