• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pens News/Links

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidney Crosby is the most amazing hockey player I have ever seen

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here's one talking Scuderi's contract, the upcoming expiring deals of Niskanen, Orpik and Martin and the hopeful emergence of Dumolin and Harrington.

Is the Rob Scuderi Contract Too Long?

I brought up the possibilities about Pouliot and Maatta returning to Jrs this year... I have read some think they will get a shot in the NHL (or 'deserve' a shot, I think you have to earn it) this year... better chance they get returned to Jrs for more TOI and being 'counted on guys' again..

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An article talking Pouliot and the progression he's made playing in the WHL

Faceoff-Factor

Looking forward to seeing Pouliot, Maatta, Harrington, & Ruopp on the ice. Still might be a years away tho. I think this year we could look forward to Despres being a roster regular, with Dumoulin & Samuelsson making some cameos.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing Pouliot, Maatta, Harrington, & Ruopp on the ice. Still might be a years away tho. I think this year we could look forward to Despres being a roster regular, with Dumoulin & Samuelsson making some cameos.

It would be great to see a guy like Dumoulin make it a very hard decision at the end of camp on whether to keep him up with the big club and send a guy like Engelland packing.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to see a guy like Dumoulin make it a very hard decision at the end of camp on whether to keep him up with the big club and send a guy like Engelland packing.

Yeah, would be sweet to have Despres & Dumoulin on the 3rd defensive paring this season. Engelland should only be on the ice if we're looking for a fight, ditto for Glass.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good reads Jeff, too bad that we won't be seeing guys like Philipe Samuelsson, Derrick Pouliot, or Olli Maatta this year (ditto for Brian Dumoulin, Scott Harrington, or Harrison Ruopp). They just don't have the experience of Deryk Engelland or Dylan Reese. I will be excited if we just get to see Simon Despres & Robert Bortuzzo as roster regs.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good reads Jeff, too bad that we won't be seeing guys like Philipe Samuelsson, Derrick Pouliot, or Olli Maatta this year (ditto for Brian Dumoulin, Scott Harrington, or Harrison Ruopp). They just don't have the experience of Deryk Engelland or Dylan Reese. I will be excited if we just get to see Simon Despres & Robert Bortuzzo as roster regs.

Looks like the Flyers are basically going the same route - a starting roster of veterans, with the young guys only getting a chance if injuries occur. I'm hoping the Hawks give a couple of young guys a chance this year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Blackhawks have some openings for forwards but not so much for the defensemen. I think we fans look at talent & potential while the teams look at their salaries. Older players have bigger contracts so they get 1st priority.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck Kobasew had two goal tonight in a loss to the Jackets. Hoping maybe this is a guy who could force some dead weight out of the bottom six..

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round of cuts are in:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed forward Jean-Sebastien Dea to a three-year entry-level contract, it was announced today by executive Vice President and general manager Ray Shero.

The contract will begin when Dea turns pro.

Pittsburgh also re-assigned 11 players today. Dea, goaltenders Matt Murray and Tristan Jarry and forward Matia Marcantuoni were sent back to their respective junior teams. Forwards Paul Thompson, Tom Kostopoulos, Brian Gibbons and Dominik Uher, and defensemen Clark Seymour, Reid McNeill and Nick D'Agostino were sent to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

Pittsburgh now has 44 players on its training camp roster (25 forwards; 15 defenseman; 4 goaltenders

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck Kobasew & Matt D'Agostini are 2 players I have high hopes for. I just don't like how we rely on players like these to fill our voids when we have prospects who could do the same thing while also providing hope for the future.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Pouliot is having a nice game. Would be sweet if he makes the cut. Trib peeps are really hyping up Robert Bortuzzo's performance. He's looked good, but I'll be really disappointed if we got Bortuzzo/Engelland on the 3rd DP.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3