• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pens Nealing on Niskanen vs Tiburon GNT

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turned out to be a great game, only 2 games the Sharks lost in the last 10 were games they were up in the 3rd on the road, and blew... I was almost sure it was going to be 3 after Couture missed that EN.

Good effort by the Pens, obviously a completely different team with those injuries. But the Sharks were on a back to back after probably the most intense game of the season, those 4 points in 2 days is awesome!

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
18.gif

here we go again..

Just call em as I see em. Did you really think the Sharks would need OT to beat this team? I sure as hell didnt

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turned out to be a great game, only 2 games the Sharks lost in the last 10 were games they were up in the 3rd on the road, and blew... I was almost sure it was going to be 3 after Couture missed that EN.

Good effort by the Pens, obviously a completely different team with those injuries. But the Sharks were on a back to back after probably the most intense game of the season, those 4 points in 2 days is awesome!

That's what I meant by a great effort by these boys. back to back games, fuckers aren't making it easy for the Kings.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neal is fantastic. I can't wait to see what he does when there's some more talent on his line.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good game. Honestly not pissed at all. It's annoying to not see what the Pens could have done with a shootout four seconds later, but we battled back in this one. James Neal looked great, IMO (especially without even a practice in). TK played one of his best games as a Penguin. I'll take the positives in this one.

Right now we need to play .500 hockey. Yeah, we only got two points out of the last three against quality opponents, but I will take those two points and run with them.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43862.jpg

The Shero family loves Pennsylvania

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's what I meant by a great effort by these boys. back to back games, fuckers aren't making it easy for the Kings.

I wasnt saying they played a bad game...I have said before that the Pens getting a point at this point is a win.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
howe_clarketrophy.jpg

I wonder if Keith Allen is related to Dan Bylsma...

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Sharks fans. I'm disappointed, but thankful they managed to steal a point tonight.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kings should be fine. They are coming on strong now, I actually hope they make the playoffs over teams like Anaheim or Calgary.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another note about Neal...obviously it was just one game and his first game as a Pen...but he did two things that I saw Stars fans say repeatedly he doesn't do...backcheck and hit (they said he shied away somewhat from a more physical game after his suspension)...so happy with him.

Honestly, Niskanen is alright. He made one really bad play that I saw (I wasn't paying attention to parts of the game as noted previously). I'm not looking for him to be anything other than a serviceable 5th/6th guy though. And Goligoski, while he has a ton of offensive upside, seemed to make a similar play like that once every game (or two).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another note about Neal...obviously it was just one game and his first game as a Pen...but he did two things that I saw Stars fans say repeatedly he doesn't do...backcheck and hit (they said he shied away somewhat from a more physical game after his suspension)...so happy with him.

Honestly, Niskanen is alright. He made one really bad play that I saw (I wasn't paying attention to parts of the game as noted previously). I'm not looking for him to be anything other than a serviceable 5th/6th guy though. And Goligoski, while he has a ton of offensive upside, seemed to make a similar play like that once every game (or two).

I'm looking at tools. We wanted a winger with some speed, some hands, a good release, and size.

Neal has all four.

His speed isn't great, but he's certainly not slow. He can keep up with Crosby and Malkin.

He showed good hands on a few occasions tonight.

His release is fantastic, and I think it's the best asset he's got based on tonight. He gets his shot off super quickly, and it seems to have good snap and accuracy.

He's big. And he can hit.

I think we got the winger we want.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Neal, he's going to be a stud. Niskannen I could live without.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Sharks, especially considering they played last night. Had plenty of energy for this game. I know Couture is getting a lot of heat for missing the empty net, but really I have more of a problem with Boyle. He was alone with time and and he's gotta get that puck out of the crease. He didn't even get a stick on it. I'm not sure what the hell happened, but that was a terrible sequence for the veteran defender.

I'm very impressed with Pittsburgh. Their defense is incredible, and they block so many shots. They have a ridiculous amount of injuries but are still hanging in there. They deserve a lot of credit for continuing to play hard.

Good luck the rest of the season Pens fans. I hope your guys are healed and ready to go in time for the playoffs!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Pens fans. You guys are missing a lot of fire power, but your team is still playing with a lot of jump and passion. Neal looked good.....Nisky, not so much. Not the prettiest game for the Sharks, but after last night (and with the WC as tight as it is right now), a win is a win is a win. :D

Good evening guys.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Sharks, especially considering they played last night. Had plenty of energy for this game. I know Couture is getting a lot of heat for missing the empty net, but really I have more of a problem with Boyle. He was alone with time and and he's gotta get that puck out of the crease. He didn't even get a stick on it. I'm not sure what the hell happened, but that was a terrible sequence for the veteran defender.

I'm very impressed with Pittsburgh. Their defense is incredible, and they block so many shots. They have a ridiculous amount of injuries but are still hanging in there. They deserve a lot of credit for continuing to play hard.

Good luck the rest of the season Pens fans. I hope your guys are healed and ready to go in time for the playoffs!

Thanks destroy, it was an intense third. Playoff atmosphere, I love it. Getting one point out of this was a steal. Neal may work his way into my 'favorite Penguin' status. And that's after one game. He was hitting on the fore-check, made a fantastic back check in OT to strip the puck, and worked his butt off. Can't ask for much more. He's seriously perfect if that's how he plays consistently.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thx bro, same to you

It was a very exciting game tonight. I really didn't think the Pens would play as well defensively as they ended up doing in this one. Logan Couture looks like he's going to be a stud. Very impressed with him tonight.. other than missing that EN :p

If Brooks Orpik is out for any significant time they are in deep Shit! Gawd, i hope not:rolleyes: