• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 19 (Feb 9 - Feb 15)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, no whining about the schedule...

In this case, I do think it played a role in the third period woes (they did look legitimately tired), but yeah, over the course of a season, it should even out a little bit.

Except Vancouver. They get the edge 21 times. A quarter of their schedule is playing a team who played the night before when they're rested. It's actually kind of ridiculous.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no idea how Stone didn't get called for that.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was stupid for Sid to throw that cross-check, but he got called, and then Stone didn't for doing the exact same thing to Scuderi, and it led to a goal for the Sens. I was listening to the Ottawa broadcast, and the announcers weren't even sure how he got away with it.

Officiating has to be consistent, and it clearly is not.

As I have said before WWE matches are reffed better than some hockey games. Still Sid and Geno should know by now that every move they make is being watched and they seldom get away with anything.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, they looked tired in the third tonight, though. The Vancouver debacle aside, though, they've been deadly on the forecheck of late, really pinning teams for long stretches. Perhaps most importantly, though, both Sid and Geno look to be getting going. In the overtime especially, those two took over.

Outside of the Vancouver albatross, this has been the Pens strength in the past week+. Their forecheck has been relentless, and it's paying dividends. It was very noticeable in Ottawa and in Chicago today. Heck, we actually saw a third line in Chicago today. Bennett sort of carried them.