• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 14 (Jan 5 - Jan 11)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Lucic is a total A$$CLOWN that I despise but truly that would be the only reason I want him on my team so he won't hurt my players.

Stupid crap like this makes you hate him more and more:
Milan Lucic on Dalton Prout Punch: "I Find It To Be Gutless" - bruins blog - Boston.com

:pound:

He's for sure an assclown, but I love his presence on the ice. Someone like that would be really awesome here. Put him on the same line as Sid along with a sniper like Hornqvist, and you would have an unstoppable line.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Skid being shit, who is the face of hockey? There really isn't one...

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Skid being shit, who is the face of hockey? There really isn't one...

Not only that, he's starting to get old. They need a young, fresh face kid, who can change the game before he turns 20. Those don't come along very often and if one kid does I'll sure feel sorry for him.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Adams making more impact on practice than he does in any real game. :L

What the hell is wrong with him?!? If Malkin gets hurt right now, with Sid having his struggles, the Pens would be in deep shit without Geno. I think Adams needs an express trip out of town. JR should trade him for a bag of game used pucks.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday Insider: Pirates' front office transformed

I didn’t cover the Penguins’ practice Thursday, and no video footage has surfaced of Craig Adams‘ reported hard check of Evgeni Malkin — described as being ‘crushed’ by the Trib’s beat man, Josh Yohe — so I’ll reserve comment on that incident specifically even as I say this: Adams has to go.

Not just because he now has one confirmed incident of trying to hurt Malkin, a fight last week in practice, and now this reported sequel.

Not just because he’s the most dour guy in the locker room, with no close second.

Not just because the team doesn’t need any of the intangibles he allegedly brings but actually doesn’t.

No, Adams has to go because of all of the above and because he isn’t good at hockey anymore.

The fourth line was a momentum shifter in the worst way Wednesday, allowing the Bruins to skate freely through the Pittsburgh zone with each shift. That’s on Andrew Ebbett and Zach Sill, too — they also aren’t good at hockey — but Adams was no less responsible. The penalty-killing has been Adams’ forte in the past, but that past ended two years ago. Since then, he’s been a stick-waving decoy, motioning for others to do the puck pursuit. And for what it’s worth, when he was out recently, the PK didn’t falter in the slightest.

He wouldn’t be missed on the ice, and he sure as heck wouldn’t be missed off it. In fact, here’s betting the party will be thrown right there in the Consol home locker room.

And I’ll repeat for emphasis: This viewpoint is not based on anything that might have occurred at practice Thursday. At all. This saga is as old as dirt. It’s only getting more viewing now.

From DK, so I believe it more than if it was from Rossi, but I've always heard Adams is a prideful guy, a prideful guy who is a fourth liner on his way out is probably not something this team needs.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The +35 deal staying on the books the rest of the year is worth it at this point with Adams gone.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with him?!? If Malkin gets hurt right now, with Sid having his struggles, the Pens would be in deep shit without Geno. I think Adams needs an express trip out of town. JR should trade him for a bag of game used pucks.

I am dead serious Byslma can't get a new coaching job fast enough. Without Byslma coaching in the NHL not sure any team would take him.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear he was a Shero guy too, in that he and Shero had discussions about him moving to the front office after he retired.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that Shero can't get a new job fast enough!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am dead serious Byslma can't get a new coaching job fast enough. Without Byslma coaching in the NHL not sure any team would take him.

I bet he will be on MLSE's radar for the new HC job for the Leafs. He'd fit right in up there. And then JR can dump old Addsy on them. :yahoo:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams has such a small cap hit anyway, I'm not sure why they don't just waive him...

I understand the idea of not wanting to lose assets, but he's not one. Just drop him and take the penalty. It's not like we're so super up against it right now anyway.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah at this point it truly doesn't matter. Before the season started with the roster changes/question marks I understand keeping him but now this team has no use for him.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that. The Pens win in OT and Sid scores. Not only that it was a PP goal.

On the Montreal goal, I would fine Martin big time. The replay from the end zone showed that he was caught up ice and was just gliding back. If Fluery would have made the save Montreal would have still scored because Martin was just on cruise control.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that. The Pens win in OT and Sid scores. Not only that it was a PP goal.

On the Montreal goal, I would fine Martin big time. The replay from the end zone showed that he was caught up ice and was just gliding back. If Fluery would have made the save Montreal would have still scored because Martin was just on cruise control.

LOL yeah h$ll must have froze over...oh wait it did in northern Michigan.

Seriously nice to see him score a goal and a PP at that. Good win.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game (was at a Star Trek marathon), but based on the highlights & stats, the Doobster is very much pleased. Way to go Skid!

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skid was shit most of the game. Had his first fucking shot late in the 3rd and finally gets a second on the PP in OT with a 4-3 and one of the Habs without their stick...it's the only way he can score now...extremely handicapped opponent. This is what he has become

Grateful for the win

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange that Sid still draws the top defensive assignment, playing against Subban all night. And Malkin gets the second pair. Not trying to extrapolate about who would do what if they switched, but think it's interesting.

Good night for the 4th line, drew a few penalties, possessed the puck a bit.