• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 14 (Jan 5 - Jan 11)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was a bad call I just don't get it. My only guess is since they called it a goal on the ice they assumed it was too close to overturn?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was a bad call I just don't get it. My only guess is since they called it a goal on the ice they assumed it was too close to overturn?

Maybe, wish they would say that though instead of making something up that is obviously completely wrong.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Rask, I would say he stole this one. One of the few times I'm not too disappointed with the loss. Pens were the better team, they had a hot goalie, got help from the refs, and got lucky, simple as that.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rask made some good saves, so did his buddy the post too. Horseshoes everywhere for Boston.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, need to carry that into Montreal.

4th line was the only sore spot really for the Pens.

Ebbett, Adams, & Sill? I would rather not even have a 4th line than play those guys on the same line. Ebbett is the only decent thing on that line.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, at least Ebbett has NHL speed, the other two are beyond worthless. Just want to see a full lineup, when Goc, Comeau, and Hornqvist come back those three should all be pushed out.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, at least Ebbett has NHL speed, the other two are beyond worthless. Just want to see a full lineup, when Goc, Comeau, and Hornqvist come back those three should all be pushed out.

I sort of get why Adams is on the team, I have no clue why Sill is still there. Sill hurts the team a lot more than he helps the team IMO.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of get why Adams is on the team, I have no clue why Sill is still there. Sill hurts the team a lot more than he helps the team IMO.

Because he has a one-way deal, and they can't just dump that contract? That's really all I got.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that the Pens hit the post so much against Rask? Geno, Bennett, makes no sense to me.

Would have loved to have seen Farnham do his act on Lucic and Chara. It would have been very entertaining, but probably painful for Farnham.

No way would I want Lucic on my team. He is a thug who somehow has avoided the publicity that Cooke and Downie got for their acts of aggression. The bad part is though, he'll probably end up on the Flyers.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that the Pens hit the post so much against Rask? Geno, Bennett, makes no sense to me.

Would have loved to have seen Farnham do his act on Lucic and Chara. It would have been very entertaining, but probably painful for Farnham.

No way would I want Lucic on my team. He is a thug who somehow has avoided the publicity that Cooke and Downie got for their acts of aggression. The bad part is though, he'll probably end up on the Flyers.

I agree with you, Burgh. However, the NHL has pretty much made it known that they will let the shenanigans of players like Lucic's ilk to get away with garage league play. I will never forget him running Ryan Miller a few seasons ago, and the league didn't do a damn thing about it. Then you have Boston's diving little twit Marchand, who is just an embarrassment. That penalty he drew against Martin for a trip late in the first was pathetic. Martin had a look on his face on the way to the box like, 'how in the hell did I let that little shit get away with that!'

I know this is tinfoil hat of me, but I have never seen a team get away with more pure BS with penalties, non-calls, disallowed goals, and of course that "winning goal" call in OT than Jeremy Jacobs' broons.

Having said all of that, I actually would take Lucic on the Penguins, because I think he'd be another addition like what Downie has been for the Pens this season. Tough to play against. Boston wouldn't ever trade him to another contender in the east, though. That would be like the Flyers trading Simmonds to the Pens. Not gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that would have been great to see. For whatever reason, Dupuis always loved going after Chara, caught him a couple of times too. If you hit Chara, he does wear down as the game goes on.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, Burgh. However, the NHL has pretty much made it known that they will let the shenanigans of players like Lucic's ilk to get away with garage league play. I will never forget him running Ryan Miller a few seasons ago, and the league didn't do a damn thing about it. Then you have Boston's diving little twit Marchand, who is just an embarrassment. That penalty he drew against Martin for a trip late in the first was pathetic. Martin had a look on his face on the way to the box like, 'how in the hell did I let that little shit get away with that!'

I know this is tinfoil hat of me, but I have never seen a team get away with more pure BS with penalties, non-calls, disallowed goals, and of course that "winning goal" call in OT than Jeremy Jacobs' broons.

Having said all of that, I actually would take Lucic on the Penguins, because I think he'd be another addition like what Downie has been for the Pens this season. Tough to play against. Boston wouldn't ever trade him to another contender in the east, though. That would be like the Flyers trading Simmonds to the Pens. Not gonna happen.

Yeah, there are nights when I just don't enjoy watching, the interference, hooking, holding is just too much. I'm terrified at what playoff officiating is going to look like this year if this is what we are getting in Dec/Jan.

Once you start making calls the players adjust and back off, and the game flows so much better. I have no idea why the NHL is so wedded to the idea of this sludge it out game. I suppose its the dumb Canadian influence since most of the sludgers are good ol' Western Canadian boys.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there are nights when I just don't enjoy watching, the interference, hooking, holding is just too much. I'm terrified at what playoff officiating is going to look like this year if this is what we are getting in Dec/Jan.

Once you start making calls the players adjust and back off, and the game flows so much better. I have no idea why the NHL is so wedded to the idea of this sludge it out game. I suppose its the dumb Canadian influence since most of the sludgers are good ol' Western Canadian boys.

I remember back in the fall when the signing of Downie was announced and Carcillo to a player try out contract. The hockey pundits immediately lit into Lemieux for being a hypocrite for allowing his hockey club to sign two less than savory players to suit up for him. Proteau in particular, and others like him in the industry tore Lemieux a new one over it.

I laughed about it, because to me it's just status quo. If you can't beat them, join 'em. Lemieux watched guys like Dubinsky and Marc Staal beat the ever living crap out of Crosby in the 2014 post-season, and the officiating didn't do a damn thing about it. So, what other course of action is there to take? Is he going to just continue on with a bunch of choir boys on the bench and no one there to make the other team answer for their actions?

It's a shame, but it's reality.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the Pens didn't resign Matt Cooke, and he changed at their behest, but Lemieux is the bad guy forever because he pointed out the insanity on Long Island that night.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JoshYohe_Trib
Adams just crushed Malkin in a special teams drill then dumped Pouliot into the boards.

Craig Adams making more impact on practice than he does in any real game. :L

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That +35 deal is killing them with Craig Adams. You know GMJR really can't wait for Bylsma to get a job somewhere to take his off the Pens hands.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Lucic is a total A$$CLOWN that I despise but truly that would be the only reason I want him on my team so he won't hurt my players.

Stupid crap like this makes you hate him more and more:
Milan Lucic on Dalton Prout Punch: "I Find It To Be Gutless" - bruins blog - Boston.com