• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Pats @ Ravens

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got our asses whipped fair and square

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh? teams generally have to rely MORE on running the ball when the weather turns bad

He relies on speed and quick cutting abilities... Which is why physical teams tend to play better than teams that rely on speed in bad weather... That's always where Michael Vick struggled when it got to the months of Dec/Jan

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He relies on speed and quick cutting abilities... Which is why physical teams tend to play better than teams that rely on speed in bad weather... That's always where Michael Vick struggled when it got to the months of Dec/Jan

lol okay, but the ravens have one of the better run-blocking offensive lines in the league. i don't think lamar's going to have a problem with cutting and using his speed, doing what he's been doing in september and october, come late december.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a microcosm of NFL fans and pundits...Pats have greatest D ever...wait, it appears they can't stop the run...hold it, they're coming back... The Ravens are the new look of the NFL...hold it, they're letting the Pats back in it...damn the Ravens are taking control of the game...wait, are they? ... Yes they are...but can it be sustained...hold on...who is the best team now? What about who will be in 7 weeks...then what??? Hold it. shut up you're stupid...no I'm not...I just noticed something different...weren't you thinking the 9ers were good? What about the Pats... no the Rams...hold on I see the Saints over there...no the Seahawks have a shrimpy QB...hold on ...the Steeelers are making a run.... Oh fuck it...I'll just keep watching and see who gets into the tournament

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a microcosm of NFL fans and pundits...Pats have greatest D ever...wait, it appears they can't stop the run...hold it, they're coming back... The Ravens are the new look of the NFL...hold it, they're letting the Pats back in it...damn the Ravens are taking control of the game...wait, are they? ... Yes they are...but can it be sustained...hold on...who is the best team now? What about who will be in 7 weeks...then what??? Hold it. shut up you're stupid...no I'm not...I just noticed something different...weren't you thinking the 9ers were good? What about the Pats... no the Rams...hold on I see the Saints over there...no the Seahawks have a shrimpy QB...hold on ...the Steeelers are making a run.... Oh fuck it...I'll just keep watching and see who gets into the tournament
tenor (3).gif

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched and thought the Ravens had control from start to finish.
being down 17-0 after 1 and looking at a blowout, and making it 17-13 at half...is in control the whole time? The pats were driving to take the lead, after being down 17-0, when edelman fumbled.
look, the ravens won. they deserved it. but they were not in control the whole way.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over reaction number 1: the pats have the best defense ever

Over reaction number 2: the pats aren’t good at all and only won their first 8 games because they played shitty teams.

IMO reality lies somewhere in the middle

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're never as good as your last game and you're never as bad as your last game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope this loss lights a fire for the offense and the OL finally does something.
Hopefully it pisses the defense off so they get consistent against quality opponents. These next 2 weeks of practices are going to be hell I am sure.

Hats off to the Ravens. They kicked in the teeth of the Patriots.

“Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore...” “Quoth the Raven, “Nevermore.” “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.”

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Over reaction number 2: the pats aren’t good at all and only won their first 8 games because they played shitty teams.

That's right. It's football. Good teams can lose to bad teams (not saying Ravens are bad, obviously), sometimes teams have wrong game plan, or aren't locked in, etc. If the Ravens come to Foxboro in January they'll most likely lose, but it wouldn't be world news if they won.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being down 17-0 after 1 and looking at a blowout, and making it 17-13 at half...is in control the whole time? The pats were driving to take the lead, after being down 17-0, when edelman fumbled.
look, the ravens won. they deserved it. but they were not in control the whole way.
The Ravens gave the Pats a TD after the fumble by the punt returner. The Ravens dominated but a homer like you would think different.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a football game for sure, but I never really felt NE was going to win it...they couldn't get the Ravens off the field....iirc BAL punted only twice. Most telling was the last two BAL drives after NE scored to make it 24-20...they went like 85 yds and scored 6, and followed that up with another 65+ yd drive.

BAL wasn't dominating the game, but imo they were in control of it.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens gave the Pats a TD after the fumble by the punt returner. The Ravens dominated but a homer like you would think different.

Ravens dominated the first quarter. Pats pretty much controlled the second quarter and the first half of the third quarter. Ravens controlled the rest of the game.

At least that’s what I saw

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over reaction monday
pats D sucks
packers O sucks
:suds: