• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots vs Bills 9/20/2015

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan has the Buffalo Bills salivating for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots this coming Sunday. Ryan is 4-9 life time against the Patriots and has made an annual habit of opening his mouth and trying to insert as many women's feet as possible. Below is the this morning's latest and now the 26th rated cornerback from 2014, Stephon Gilmore, wants to rake on Rob Gronkowski. He was rated #3 in week 1 and now thinks he's better than Revis and Sherman combined.

I love it when idiots give the Patriots bulletin Board material. Brady has a chip on his shoulder from 7 months of Deflategate and now Ryan has the Buffalo fan base and media in a whirl screaming we want Brady..........They want him to what? Quarterback their team? Send them all home crying in their wings?
"We Want Brady".......Like TB said on the radio yesterday, 1:00 PM Sunday, we'll be there.

As the old saying goes....Be careful what you wish for................you just may get it.

Will Brinson CBSSports.com 9/16/2015

In the days leading up to the Steelers-Patriots season opener, Pittsburgh linebacker Ryan Shazier outlined the defense's strategy for neutralizing New England tight end Rob Gronkowski.

"You just have to jam him up a little bit, mess with his timing," Shazier said. "If you mess up their timing, they are really time-oriented. You have to mess up their timing and get in his face with pressure, then I feel we can slow him down a little bit."

The best laid plans.

The Steelers never laid a hand on Gronkowski, either at the line of scrimmage or downfield, and he finished with 5 catches for 84 yards and three touchdowns as the Pats cruised to a 28-21 win.

New England travels to Buffalo on Sunday to face a resurgent Bills team led by long-time Pats nemesis, Rex Ryan. The Bills' defense, which shut down Andrew Luck and the Colts in Week 1, is one of the best units in the league. Not surprisingly, their collective attitude reflects that of their coach. And for cornerback Stephon Gilmore, that means not backing down from challenges.

“I hope I get Gronk, to be honest with you,” Gilmore said, via the Buffalo News. “We'll see what the coaching staff says. … I can go inside. He's a bigger guy so it's not like I'm going inside on a smaller guy. But like I said, it's whatever the coaches want me to do to help this team win.

"I want him.”

In seven games against against the Bills, Gronkowski has been, well, Gronk-tastic. He has 37 receptions for 543 yards and 9 touchdowns.

All the more reason Gilmore wants to get involved. He ranked 26th among all cornerbacks a season ago, according to ProFootballFocus.com's metrics, and he was No. 3 in Week 1. But there's only one Rob Gronkowski and, in general, he can't be corralled by defensive backs. Then again, this is Rex Ryan's Super Bowl so don't expect your garden-variety Week 2 game.

"I can't wait to see what our fans are going to be like when you have the hated Patriots -- I mean, this kind of rival coming in," Ryan said at a press conference, via the Boston Herald. "I'm looking forward to it. I'm so glad that we play the game here. So that's gonna be fun."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills trashed the Colts - as I expected and predicted. It was the perfect match-up for the Bills - we are not!
Bills are good and the band-wagon is big. Patriots 1st string was rusty and had not settled before beating Pittsburgh. Pats D will be better against the Bills.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when Rex opens his mouth and his team follows him off the cliff. bahahahahahaha!

th?id=JN.ZpP2kvaFSqnidxQeliKJNQ&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=187&h=123.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time Rex might have the team to back up his mouth

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time Rex might have the team to back up his mouth
We feel that way all the time. (-) his past QB issues. Pats will dink and dunk, keep Brady upright. If we get any help from the RBs this may be easier than a lot are predicting? D will be fine. The Colts D blows. We'll have a similiar game plan to the SB. Keep Taylor contained in the pocket and he's below average.

I do not think this is a lock by any means.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We feel that way all the time. (-) his past QB issues. Pats will dink and dunk, keep Brady upright. If we get any help from the RBs this may be easier than a lot are predicting? D will be fine. The Colts D blows. We'll have a similiar game plan to the SB. Keep Taylor contained in the pocket and he's below average.

I do not think this is a lock by any means.

A bunch of ifs too with this. So we shall have to just wait a see

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of ifs too with this. So we shall have to just wait a see
Without a doubt. Week 2 there are a lot of what if's throughout the league. I have always been pesimistic thinking the Pats would get beat week in and week out. I scream at my tv especially when they got prevent. I'm hoping this year is different? Maybe put a few more years back on my life:noidea:
Go Pats

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo could only score 27 points against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

That being said, they have a QB with just four years of NFL experience as a back-up and he did ok against a less than stellar defense. What would the score have been if they had played the Broncos or the Ravens? The media and fan frenzy would be somewhere else.

I don't think that Buffalo can put up 27 against the Patriots. The Steelers are much better and they could only put up 21.

As far as the Bills defense is concerned, no question they look pretty formidable, but who doesn't against the Colts? I'm not convinced that the Bills are good as they appeared against Indy.

Finally, the Patriots play a totally different offense every week. They will take whatever the Bills give them early in the game. Then they'll go with the game plan for whatever weakness they find. Just remember this.......The Seahawks and Ravens last year were coming after Brady with a 1.5 second count. If you can't get to Brady in 1.5 seconds, the ball will be gone. After watching him against Pittsburgh last week, I don't think Brady has slowed down one millisecond. Quick short passes from the "Hurry-Up". Slows the rush and sets up the running game.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually a fan of Rex, now he is just annoying and his team is too. The guy acts like he created this team. He didn't! If Doug Marone was not an idiot, Rex would be in Atl right now with much less of a defense. Only thing Rex did was take over a top 5 def and remove its MLB for a RB who looks like he is on the decline. Bring in a OG in Icognito, who is not very good, and name Taylor the starting QB. He acts like he created the worlds best defense. The guy has such a hardon for NE that I knew he would find his way back in the AFCE, just didn't think Marone was an idiot. Not sure about this weekend. Are we going to play a football game, or going to the circus? OMG...congrats on breaking the noise record...Congrats!!! You finally won something....

Now in saying this, this game will no be easy. We have been blown out in Buffalo early in the season because they think it's SB weekend for some reason. That's cool!!! I can see that happening again. IF the Pats OL can't slow down that front 4, we are in for a looooooong day folks. IF the DE cannot keep Taylor in the pocket, we are in for a looooooong day folks. I think are secondary will be fine with their WR. I expect Butler on Harvin, Brown on Watkins, Fletcher on Woods. Collins on Clay. Jones and Sherad on the edge. Big bodies in the middle. IF McCoy is out, it might help, not so sure after last week.

Not really concerned this week if we lose. Something has been making me think that BB uses the 1st four games of the season as his actual pre-season. Rotating guys on the OL, cutting and signing guys. Letting guys get even more healthy (Mayo). Playing all his S in certain spots of the game. Be prepared....we lose, we have to listen to Rex and his circus talk about it for the next week, then watch them lose 4 in a row!

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also a little apprehensive about this game. Regardless of Ryan's mouth, the Bills do have one of the best defensive lines in the league and the Pats are very thin in the center of the offensive line, especially with Stork on the shelf and Wendell sick. Who is the backup for the rookie Andrews at center? Josh Kline? If Ryan can get good pressure on Brady with just the front four, it could be a long and painful afternoon. I think the Pats' defense can hold down the Bills offense, but can they score on Buffalo? One thing Rex has to watch out for is putting too much emphasis on this game. Win or lose, especially lose, Buffalo's next game will be a big emotional letdown. I've seen it happen before.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex is saying to his team and the Bills' fans that this game is their Super Bowl. And That's a quote.

The problem with spouting off like this is that several factors are not in play, like a neutral field, the game being played at 6:30 in the evening and you have at least 14 more games to play after this Super Bowl.

Rex has the team, the fans and the media worked into a frenzy about this game and if they lose, it could destroy the entire team. Building expectations is one thing but claiming other worldliness with a victory is quite another.

Knowing Bill Belichick's history, one has to realize that early season losses make very little impact. BB uses them as a tool to make the team more cohesive and improve. Being 4-0 during the first four games is little different than being 2-2 to Belichick.

We, the fans, get more worked up about Buffalo this week and Dallas in two weeks than Belichick does all season. To be honest, I'm more worried about Denver than any other team we play this year. After watching the dirty plays, late hits and cheap shots that the Broncos had on the Chiefs, I remembered that Wade Phillips is a coach who wants his defense to "hurt" the other team by any means possible. When I shut off te game at halftime the Broncos had been called for "Personal Foul" five times. The worst was Von Miller smashing Alex Smith after the whistle when Smith was just standing in the field. In my opinion, Miller should have been tossed. If that had been a Patriots there'd be 28 new cheat threads today.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wendell has been ruled out. The rookies are getting thrown in to the deep end. Last week against the Steelers was the kiddie pool. Max protection with extra linemen and TE.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wendell has been ruled out. The rookies are getting thrown in to the deep end. Last week against the Steelers was the kiddie pool. Max protection with extra linemen and TE.

Ya know what, good learning experience. Only going to help down the road. Short passes and control the clock this week. OL is going to be worked this week. Just hope TB does not get hurt.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex is saying to his team and the Bills' fans that this game is their Super Bowl. And That's a quote.

The problem with spouting off like this is that several factors are not in play, like a neutral field, the game being played at 6:30 in the evening and you have at least 14 more games to play after this Super Bowl.

Rex has the team, the fans and the media worked into a frenzy about this game and if they lose, it could destroy the entire team. Building expectations is one thing but claiming other worldliness with a victory is quite another.

Knowing Bill Belichick's history, one has to realize that early season losses make very little impact. BB uses them as a tool to make the team more cohesive and improve. Being 4-0 during the first four games is little different than being 2-2 to Belichick.

We, the fans, get more worked up about Buffalo this week and Dallas in two weeks than Belichick does all season. To be honest, I'm more worried about Denver than any other team we play this year. After watching the dirty plays, late hits and cheap shots that the Broncos had on the Chiefs, I remembered that Wade Phillips is a coach who wants his defense to "hurt" the other team by any means possible. When I shut off te game at halftime the Broncos had been called for "Personal Foul" five times. The worst was Von Miller smashing Alex Smith after the whistle when Smith was just standing in the field. In my opinion, Miller should have been tossed. If that had been a Patriots there'd be 28 new cheat threads today.

Lotsa good points BK.

I have never been a Wade Phillips fan.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, I'm gonna have to record this game like week one. Taking my Harley to a music fest tomorow all day. Oh well, if we lose I won't have to suffer through it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Lewis be able to run the ball? Or will Blount get the carries?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that drive was way too easy... Already down 7-0.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a looong day. That was too easy

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2