• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots didn't identify ineligible receivers to Ravens

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude its still cheap as he took advantage of the refs incompetence to beat another team. Just more proof that your coach doesn't feel confident enough to beat a team straight up. He's one of those guys who would slip another deck in his pocket when playing poker with his friends and pretend that he's the best when he takes your money. Funny thing is that he's turning your fan base into professional defense attorneys because every week you have to defend him about something. It's getting a little ridiculous...heck I just find it comical that you haven't won a bowl every year with all these advantages plus having good teams.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude its still cheap as he took advantage of the refs incompetence to beat another team. Just more proof that your coach doesn't feel confident enough to beat a team straight up. He's one of those guys who would slip another deck in his pocket when playing poker with his friends and pretend that he's the best when he takes your money. Funny thing is that he's turning your fan base into professional defense attorneys because every week you have to defend him about something. It's getting a little ridiculous...heck I just find it comical that you haven't won a bowl every year with all these advantages plus having good teams.

'took advantage of the refs'. that's one of the funniest damn things I've seen on SportsHoopla. So what you're saying is Belichick IS the smartest guy in the room if he can play by the rules and confuse the refs.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the refs were competent when the guy reported ineligible they would have held the play giving the D a few seconds to acknowledge who's eligible. Very simple and BB knew it would take them time to adjust but before it happened they were in the redzone. Sure any team could do this but you want this to happen every game done by every team and use up everyone’s TO's within the first minute of each half? It's a flaw that will be fixed but BB realized that he was losing so he stooped to that low level he's used to. And of course you think he's a hero....nice.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame to have a team as stacked with talent as the Pats & yet they still have to resort to tactics like that to win. Since Pats fans are in denial about what your team is really about it's useless trying to reason with you guys. Your team keeps proving people right when they put asterisks next to your accomplishments. Pointing out facts is not crying. TxHeat, your insults to me just make you look like an idiot without a legitimate argument.

After the Carolina-Patriots SB, I was in the Atlanta airport waiting for my flight home. There was a drunk woman there at the gate saying," I can't believe what they did" She was so angry. I just laughed at her.
Were you that woman?????

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Carolina-Patriots SB, I was in the Atlanta airport waiting for my flight home. There was a drunk woman there at the gate saying," I can't believe what they did" She was so angry. I just laughed at her.
Were you that woman?????

That's a weird comment. Did you make weird comments on other teams' boards after the Spygate embarrassment? Let me guess you think that your hero Belichick did nothing wrong. The last thing the NFL needs right now is a team bending rules & making their refs look incompetent which is what the Pats did. If your team would have lost on plays like that I think you may view it more objectively. Even if the Pats beat Indy (& they may not) your team will probably lose to the Seahawks. There are only so many gimmicks a team can use to win. Why don't you and I & other Pats fans agree to disagree. Neither of us are going to change our minds about what happened to Baltimore.

thisistheyear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the refs were competent when the guy reported ineligible they would have held the play giving the D a few seconds to acknowledge who's eligible. Very simple and BB knew it would take them time to adjust but before it happened they were in the redzone. Sure any team could do this but you want this to happen every game done by every team and use up everyone’s TO's within the first minute of each half? It's a flaw that will be fixed but BB realized that he was losing so he stooped to that low level he's used to. And of course you think he's a hero....nice.

The league has stated that any extra time would have been a disadvantage for NE

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex you've already been voted in as the most riiitarded poster on SportsHoopla so I don't want to steal your position....

I honestly believe that the Flyers are done this year they simply can't overcome the loss of Timonen. The young D isn't ready and what's left isn't good enough. At least I'm mature enough to call it as I see it unlike fans like yourself...
Hahaha, here's a tissue. Blow your nose and stop your crying. Pussy.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has stated that any extra time would have been a disadvantage for NE

Do you expect the league to say that their refs played right along with the trick to the advantage of the Pats? Of course they are not going to say that. I don't blame the refs. They called a good game overall. They just weren't ready for what the Pats did. By the time they realized what was going on the damage was done. It was not the only reason the Pats won but like Brady said those were important plays. If Baltimore makes the Pats punt on that drive then the Ravens get the ball back with a two touchdown lead.

It's in the past. Let's see how these playoffs play out & may the best team win.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? Are you an immature kid? You can't be a grown man. If so, you sound like you skipped school or you weren't taught by your family how grownups talk. Insults with cuss words are a clear sign of a lack of intelligence. You sound like you have poor ethics that explains a lot about your loyalty to Belichick.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I once fought a guy that called me that in High School. I since have became a Christian man. I no longer settle matters with my fists. I treat others with respect even when we disagree about something. Rex Racer, if you call enough men that to their face eventually you will learn something about treating people with respect. As a keyboard warrior you can say tough words without consequence. I view your comments as a sign of immaturity. If you don't like my posts then just ignore what I write. In truth you are the one crying about my comments. It must really bother you to read a different viewpoint.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt a job of a good hc being able to figure things out? you dont like something call a time out

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN and CBS have reported that ALL teams MUST report any trick plays or odd formations prior to the game being played. 2 Reasons. 1. So the officials don't throw an inadvertent flag and 2. the league does not want the officials or the league to look inept.

The officiating crew was informed by the Patriots coaching staff that they had several plays that they might run during the game. The long lateral to a WR, off the line formations and multiple ineligible receivers.

Fanofins do you know what constitutes an ineligible receiver in the NFL? I don't think you do and neither does John Harbaugh. It's extremely easy to identify an ineligible receiver even if the officials don't tell you. I'll give you a hint........ever see a flag thrown for an offense having a receiver 'covered'.?? Get it yet?

Since your still trying to figure it out, I'll tell you. On the line of scrimmage, any player can be eligible if he is one step behind the offensive line. Only the last player on either side of the offensive line is an eligible receiver. That's why when any team stacks three wide outs to one side of the line, all three are one step behind the offensive line and a TE covers the Tackle. If a team puts all of the receivers to one side and the Tackle is the last player on that side, he an eligible receiver.

If the defense can't tell that Vareen was lined up with the offensive line and a wide receiver was lined up with him to his right (covering him), making him ineligible.......you could take two hours to snap the ball and if the defense doesn't recognize it.................tough shit.

This is professional football. The defensive Captain is wearing a radio in his helmet. The coach talking to him from the sideline should have said, "Vareen is ineligible, let him go." Instead, they switched the safety from his middle blitz position and shifted him to cover Vareen. Brady snapped the ball and Hamananoui was wide open up the seam. If the safety had stayed home, he would have picked up Hammy Brady probably would have been sacked.

Believe me, the Dolphdinks and everyone else will try to pull of the same play next year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once fought a guy that called me that in High School. I since have became a Christian man. I no longer settle matters with my fists. I treat others with respect even when we disagree about something. Rex Racer, if you call enough men that to their face eventually you will learn something about treating people with respect. As a keyboard warrior you can say tough words without consequence. I view your comments as a sign of immaturity. If you don't like my posts then just ignore what I write. In truth you are the one crying about my comments. It must really bother you to read a different viewpoint.

Yep dead on weak minded people always trend toward insults. This poor fellow may end up hanging himself when the pats start losing as he won't be able to handle it. I actually feel sorry for him....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep dead on weak minded people always trend toward insults. This poor fellow may end up hanging himself when the pats start losing as he won't be able to handle it. I actually feel sorry for him....

I hope he doesn't. The Patriots are going to have a tough time if they reach the SB. I think Seattle has by far the best defense in the league. They also have the best running game. They aren't going to pass for a lot but they are able to keep defenses honest due to their running game. RE the game Sunday: Rodgers of GB is a great QB but his lack of mobility due to injury will make it that much harder for GB to deal with the fierce pass rush they'll face.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a weird comment. Did you make weird comments on other teams' boards after the Spygate embarrassment? Let me guess you think that your hero Belichick did nothing wrong. The last thing the NFL needs right now is a team bending rules & making their refs look incompetent which is what the Pats did. If your team would have lost on plays like that I think you may view it more objectively. Even if the Pats beat Indy (& they may not) your team will probably lose to the Seahawks. There are only so many gimmicks a team can use to win. Why don't you and I & other Pats fans agree to disagree. Neither of us are going to change our minds about what happened to Baltimore.

So you really are her?
You spend all your time predicting the Patriots losses. You hate the cheatriots - we get it.
You don't care who wins - you just want the Pats to lose - we get it.
You have nothing to say and grasp at straws - we get it.
You are a pathetic loser - we get it.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you really are her?
You spend all your time predicting the Patriots losses. You hate the cheatriots - we get it.
You don't care who wins - you just want the Pats to lose - we get it.
You have nothing to say and grasp at straws - we get it.
You are a pathetic loser - we get it.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize from what I've wrote that I am trying to to end the arguments with you guys about what happened in the Ravens vs Pats game. You don't seem to "get it."You may have heard of selective hearing. You seem to have selective reading. You only seem to understand things that are flattering to your Pats. I am perfectly willing to let this thread go away and discuss something that I am more interested in like the next playoff games or the Dolphins off season options. I have made my points, some of you guys have made some interesting points that added to the discussion, and some of you guys have just shown a lot of immaturity. Let's either discuss things on other threads or you can just go back to your Pats' board. I am not interested in discussing this topic anymore.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize from what I've wrote that I am trying to to end the arguments with you guys about what happened in the Ravens vs Pats game. You don't seem to "get it."You may have heard of selective hearing. You seem to have selective reading. You only seem to understand things that are flattering to your Pats. I am perfectly willing to let this thread go away and discuss something that I am more interested in like the next playoff games or the Dolphins off season options. I have made my points, some of you guys have made some interesting points that added to the discussion, and some of you guys have just shown a lot of immaturity. Let's either discuss things on other threads or you can just go back to your Pats' board. I am not interested in discussing this topic anymore.

Deal.....