• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots didn't identify ineligible receivers to Ravens

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of this matters...the Hawks look to be back in Super Bowl form I'm not sure that they can be stopped.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On multiple plays in the game vs the Ravens the Pats had an ineligible receiver come into the game. Brady would bring the player to the line & snap the ball before the Ravens could identify the player. The Ravens therefore didn't know who to cover. Where is the honor in winning like that? Hopefully, the NFL will adjust to this trick by the Pats. It's a little late tho for the Ravens. Belichick, Brady & other Pats will do anything that they can get away with to win.

Do you say the same thing when a player tries to convince the refs they caught a ball that they clearly did not? Or a fumble or INT? No player has ever gone to the ref and says....take the points off the score board...I didn't catch that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On multiple plays in the game vs the Ravens the Pats had an ineligible receiver come into the game. Brady would bring the player to the line & snap the ball before the Ravens could identify the player. The Ravens therefore didn't know who to cover. Where is the honor in winning like that? Hopefully, the NFL will adjust to this trick by the Pats. It's a little late tho for the Ravens. Belichick, Brady & other Pats will do anything that they can get away with to win.

Obviously the NFL's ban on Adderall cost the Ravens that game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are just foot soldiers most of this stuff comes from the top command. Every week the pats seem to do something illegal they just don't like to win straight up. I guess it's because they simply can't...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q in sonny.....if you ain't cheating you ain't trying haha! I think Belicheat is the serial killer of cheating so I don't think sonny has anything to worry about. You're rooting for the right team! I do feel bad for the pats fans who are in denial...I'm sure they'll be sending hernandez care packages in prison too. What a joke.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q in sonny.....if you ain't cheating you ain't trying haha! I think Belicheat is the serial killer of cheating so I don't think sonny has anything to worry about. You're rooting for the right team! I do feel bad for the pats fans who are in denial...I'm sure they'll be sending hernandez care packages in prison too. What a joke.
Good god, you are one seriously retarded little fella. :L

How did you like the hockey game yesterday?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex you've already been voted in as the most riiitarded poster on SportsHoopla so I don't want to steal your position....

I honestly believe that the Flyers are done this year they simply can't overcome the loss of Timonen. The young D isn't ready and what's left isn't good enough. At least I'm mature enough to call it as I see it unlike fans like yourself...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbough said it was deceptive because the pats took advantage of the refs being slow to understand what was happening and snapped the ball quickly. They give the D time on subs so this will most likely change next year on this or are we as patsfan suggests supposed to see our coaches use up all of their time outs in these situations? That would be ridiculous...

Either way Belicheat took advantage of the refs to gain an advantage. Nothing new to me he does things like this all the time as he's afraid to play a team straight up. He must be feeling huge pressure to win a bowl since spygate....

Last edited by a moderator:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time it happened I could understand Harbaugh being confused. the second time it happened he bitched to the refs and got the penalty. Then he let it happen again. the Ravens have no one to blame but themselves.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time it happened I could understand Harbaugh being confused. the second time it happened he bitched to the refs and got the penalty. Then he let it happen again. the Ravens have no one to blame but themselves.

So you are saying that whenever a team takes advantage of a reffing flaw the other team should have to burn all of their time outs to have enough time to set it's defense? D's need to know who's eligible and have enough time to cover the right receivers. Not hard to understand the frustration from Harbaugh.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame to have a team as stacked with talent as the Pats & yet they still have to resort to tactics like that to win. Since Pats fans are in denial about what your team is really about it's useless trying to reason with you guys. Your team keeps proving people right when they put asterisks next to your accomplishments. Pointing out facts is not crying. TxHeat, your insults to me just make you look like an idiot without a legitimate argument.

I can no longer tolerate your idiotic posts.

You sir are a fucktard.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of you name calling half wits....please read carefully

NFL Rules Patriots Formations Were Legal

Maybe John Harbaugh should learn the rule book.

Following Baltimore's 35-31 playoff loss to the Patriots on Saturday, the Ravens coach accused New England of using an "illegal type" of formation during the third quarter. It turns the formations weren't illegal at all.

In an email to the Baltimore Sun on Sunday, NFL vice president of football communications Michael Signora said everything the Patriots did was within the rule book.

"Everything was legal from a formation and reporting standpoint," Signora wrote.

Harbaugh had said that one of his problems was that his defense wasn't given enough time to figure out who the eligible and ineligible players were after New England's players reported into the game.
"We wanted an opportunity to be able to identify who the eligible players were," Harbaugh said. "Because what they were doing was they would announce the eligible player and Tom (Brady) would take it to the line right away and snap the ball before (we) even figured out who was lined up where. And that was the deception part of it. It was clearly deception."

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbough said it was deceptive because the pats took advantage of the refs being slow to understand what was happening and snapped the ball quickly. They give the D time on subs so this will most likely change next year on this or are we as patsfan suggests supposed to see our coaches use up all of their time outs in these situations? That would be ridiculous...

Either way Belicheat took advantage of the refs to gain an advantage. Nothing new to me he does things like this all the time as he's afraid to play a team straight up. He must be feeling huge pressure to win a bowl since spygate....

What they did was fucking legal.

Get your vaginas cleaned out so you can go on living.

Jesus Christ!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying that whenever a team takes advantage of a reffing flaw the other team should have to burn all of their time outs to have enough time to set it's defense? D's need to know who's eligible and have enough time to cover the right receivers. Not hard to understand the frustration from Harbaugh.

I am just going to ignore these Pats fans. Some of these guys are absolutely classless. It's not worth responding to.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of you name calling half wits....please read carefully

NFL Rules Patriots Formations Were Legal

Maybe John Harbaugh should learn the rule book.

Following Baltimore's 35-31 playoff loss to the Patriots on Saturday, the Ravens coach accused New England of using an "illegal type" of formation during the third quarter. It turns the formations weren't illegal at all.

In an email to the Baltimore Sun on Sunday, NFL vice president of football communications Michael Signora said everything the Patriots did was within the rule book.

"Everything was legal from a formation and reporting standpoint," Signora wrote.

Harbaugh had said that one of his problems was that his defense wasn't given enough time to figure out who the eligible and ineligible players were after New England's players reported into the game.
"We wanted an opportunity to be able to identify who the eligible players were," Harbaugh said. "Because what they were doing was they would announce the eligible player and Tom (Brady) would take it to the line right away and snap the ball before (we) even figured out who was lined up where. And that was the deception part of it. It was clearly deception."

Sure the formations were legal but the pats took advantage of the incompetent refs that the NFL provides us with in NE. Teams should be able to not only know who's eligible but have enough time to line their players up. Seems like another rig job to give the pats an advantage because nothing else was working for them in the game.

I wonder why Belicheat didn't line up 7-8 guys on one side of a FG block...oh wait!!!

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling:
Sure the formations were legal but the pats took advantage of the incompetent refs that the NFL provides us with in NE. Teams should be able to not only know who's eligible but have enough time to line their players up. Seems like another rig job to give the pats an advantage because nothing else was working for them in the game.

I wonder why Belicheat didn't line up 7-8 guys on one side of a FG block...oh wait!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all you got bitch? I guess every team should use the ploy and make the other team burn all of their TO's....because the refs spot the ball too quickly. Yeah makes sense you guys are imbeciles....oh I forgot this stuff only happens in NE.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3