• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat Forde's realignment plan.

What do you think of Pat Forde's realignment plan?

• Yes, great idea.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No, with all due respect, I don't like it.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Pat Forde needs to be drug tested.

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for your next argument about going to these other schools to play in front of smaller crowds

Gross. Want to puke seeing all those loser teams. Are you really excited about that schedule. Yuck. LOL, this is crazy you keep going at.

Please tell me you understand that no way are we going to go and play in a piss any 25,000 seat stadium? Hell, Vandy is a bunch of pussies and they have 48,000.

By the way, P5 teams don't ever, ever, ever play 5 home games. We play 7 or 8. One more reason this is so stupid. Not a chance we give up $12 million by losing 3 home games. Not to mention the economic impact on Athens. Bars and restaurants would close if we cut 3 home games.

called it

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
called it
How am I wrong?

We won't play in pissant sized stadiums. You've pointed out a couple stadiums where they are larger because they play in NFL stadiums (because they don't have their own in the campus, which is hilarious), or they play in Bama's old stadium in Birmingham. But 95% of the G5 play in tiny stadiums that the P5 wouldn't play in.

Also, P5 schools won't reduce home games to 5 or 6. Just won't happen.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would i watch all of them? no but im not a UGA fan. or fan of those schools. i base what i watch on what else is on. but yes some of the match ups i would tune in for.
well if you have 5 conference home games plan the nonconference game at home for that season this isnt that hard if you actually think about it.

like was mentioned before more money for the smaller schools means more seats. within a few seasons those 25000 would be 30 then 35 and so on.
UGA makes about 4 million for each home game, and then the city of Athens economic impact is about 5-6 million for each game. So, you are basically saying we would agree to take in about 20 million less? Nah, not for the Have Nots who have nothing to offer.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I wrong?

We won't play in pissant sized stadiums. You've pointed out a couple stadiums where they are larger because they play in NFL stadiums (because they don't have their own in the campus, which is hilarious), or they play in Bama's old stadium in Birmingham. But 95% of the G5 play in tiny stadiums that the P5 wouldn't play in.

Also, P5 schools won't reduce home games to 5 or 6. Just won't happen.
p5 will play in G5 stadiums and have or are scheduled too.
i guarantee i can find more P5 that have or will within the last 5 or coming up than those that have not.

so just because Georgia thinks they are high and mighty and too good to play @G5 stadiums doesnt mean the rest of the nation thinks that way.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think CFB would be fun anymore if we played 6 MAC teams every year any only had a couple of even decent games on the schedule. In Michigan's case, our decent games would basically be Ohio State and Michigan State. Cinci, Louisville, Purdue and Indiana would provide crap games on most years with the occasionally decent season. I'm sorry but that would be awful.

That wasn't Louisville. That's ball state

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guarantee i can find more P5 that have or will within the last 5 or coming up than those that have not.

so just because Georgia thinks they are high and mighty and too good to play @G5 stadiums doesnt mean the rest of the nation thinks that way.

I can appreciate you sticking to your guns but this idea is awful in every possible way. You're asking P5 schools to take massive hits in finances to help G5 schools. That isn't logical on any level.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate you sticking to your guns but this idea is awful in every possible way. You're asking P5 schools to take massive hits in finances to help G5 schools. That isn't logical on any level.
potentially.

it would depend on what kinds of reworking of financial contracts would be drawn up. more access to the playoff with 12 teams instead of just 4. and even if the 12 are all current P5 teams is more football at the end bad?
new tv contracts. less money for travel being spent means more money for the schools to do what they want with it. stop putting the team in hotels for home games the night before.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think CFB would be fun anymore if we played 6 MAC teams every year any only had a couple of even decent games on the schedule. In Michigan's case, our decent games would basically be Ohio State and Michigan State. Cinci, Louisville, Purdue and Indiana would provide crap games on most years with the occasionally decent season. I'm sorry but that would be awful.

That wasn't Louisville. That's ball state

acually i see the flaw here. Michigan fans see Ohio State as their decent games. Ohio State fans probably see Michigan closer to the MAC teams
or do we consider 56-27 and 62-39 decent now? 16 was i suppose we could say 17 was. but 42-13 and 42-28? not so much either.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way ... list all the P5 that played games at G5. Not a chance it's over 50%, more likely less than 10%. Can't wait to see the list.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
acually i see the flaw here. Michigan fans see Ohio State as their decent games. Ohio State fans probably see Michigan closer to the MAC teams
or do we consider 56-27 and 62-39 decent now? 16 was i suppose we could say 17 was. but 42-13 and 42-28? not so much either.

Michigan is a significantly better program than the MAC schools. It's not even a debate.

The financials have been pointed out to you many times and you continue to ignore the implications. You can't take a school with a 20k stadium and make it 100k overnight. The investment comes from years and years of success. None of the MAC schools in over a century have done anything to get to that point and the very few that even came close left the MAC.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way ... list all the P5 that played games at G5. Not a chance it's over 50%, more likely less than 10%. Can't wait to see the list.
well as mentioned before
Miami
GT
FSU

Alabama
Arizona
Arizona State
Arkansas
Aurbur
Baylor
Boston College
Cal
Colorado
Duke
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Kentucky
Louisville
Maryland
Michigan State
Minnesota
Mississippi state
Missouri
Nebraska
NC State
North Carolina
North Western
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Ole Miss
Oregon
Oregon State
Penn State
Pitt
Purdue
Rutgers
South Carolina
Stanford
Syracuse
TCU
Tenn
Texas
Texas Tech
UCLA
Utah
Vandy
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington Satte
Wisconsin

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sometimes wonder if you follow college football. Like any good SEC fan, I dislike UM and tOSU. But if you can't see the difference between UM and a Mac school, I think I understand all the other nonsense you've typed here.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well as mentioned before
Miami
GT
FSU

Alabama
Arizona
Arizona State
Arkansas
Aurbur
Baylor
Boston College
Cal
Colorado
Duke
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Kentucky
Louisville
Maryland
Michigan State
Minnesota
Mississippi state
Missouri
Nebraska
NC State
North Carolina
North Western
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Ole Miss
Oregon
Oregon State
Penn State
Pitt
Purdue
Rutgers
South Carolina
Stanford
Syracuse
TCU
Tenn
Texas
Texas Tech
UCLA
Utah
Vandy
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington Satte
Wisconsin
If that is true then I stand corrected. But, what G5 is Alabama playing away? I don't see one. I'll bet they are all against a few teams that have large stadiums.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is true then I stand corrected. But, what G5 is Alabama playing away? I don't see one. I'll bet they are all against a few teams that have large stadiums.
Alabama @USF in 23

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sometimes wonder if you follow college football. Like any good SEC fan, I dislike UM and tOSU. But if you can't see the difference between UM and a Mac school, I think I understand all the other nonsense you've typed here.
follow it like a southerner. multiple preseason magazines read every year.
3 tvs in my living room with my computer pulling up another game.
traveled to stadiums from Hawaii to Army. been to games in Pac, Big 10, SEC, Mountain West multiple bowl games including Rose.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know how i know you all are taking this way too seriously?

Michigan is a significantly better program than the MAC schools. It's not even a debate.

The financials have been pointed out to you many times and you continue to ignore the implications. You can't take a school with a 20k stadium and make it 100k overnight. The investment comes from years and years of success. None of the MAC schools in over a century have done anything to get to that point and the very few that even came close left the MAC.

this is how
a joke at the expense of Michigan who one of you dont need to explain your hate the other does state it and you all still defend them? just wow

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and like i said thats just coming up or in the last 5 years. open it up even just a couple and it probably adds a few more. not that the list didnt already include nearly every P5 team anyway

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know how i know you all are taking this way too seriously?

this is how
a joke at the expense of Michigan who one of you dont need to explain your hate the other does state it and you all still defend them? just wow

I can dislike Michigan while stating the obvious that they are a much better program than any school in the MAC.

I'm just more annoyed that an alleged expert in college football would come up with this drivel to save on travel completely ignoring the financial implications on revenue.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again that's without mentioning the AAU membership that actually is even more money in federal dollars. In terms of the BIG.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can dislike Michigan while stating the obvious that they are a much better program than any school in the MAC.

I'm just more annoyed that an alleged expert in college football would come up with this drivel to save on travel completely ignoring the financial implications on revenue.
he didn't completely ignore them.