• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Padres @ Dodgers

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice facts to the thread hammer. We better get used to eachother lol.

Nobody I'd rather hear call Padres games than Mr. Scully. :10:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gonna lose this challenge, Donnie Baseball.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell and Quackenbush have some ugly-ass beards. :L

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, League was obviously there with the ball, before the runner. But you could even tell that League knew his foot wasn't up against the bag, because he realized it and moved it. Donnie could only go on the thumbs up, but you are right, he was definitely safe. Probably challenged because it's late in the game, and wanted to get out of the inning. There is a case that his foot looked like it was against the bag, but again, League didn't even try to own it, readjusting his foot just flat-out confirmed that he couldn't feel the bag.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, League was obviously there with the ball, before the runner. But you could even tell that League knew his foot wasn't up against the bag, because he realized it and moved it. Donnie could only go on the thumbs up, but you are right, he was definitely safe. Probably challenged because it's late in the game, and wanted to get out of the inning. There is a case that his foot looked like it was against the bag, but again, League didn't even try to own it, readjusting his foot just flat-out confirmed that he couldn't feel the bag.

It was so obvious that there's no way Baseball would challenge it early in the game. You watching the Dodgers broadcast? I liked Vin's comments. "What's taking so long? It's like they called New York and got a busy signal." :D

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was so obvious that there's no way Baseball would challenge it early in the game. You watching the Dodgers broadcast? I liked Vin's comments. "What's taking so long? It's like they called New York and got a busy signal." :D

Hahaha, I am, and I heard him say that. I fucking love his commentary. It's true though, I have no idea what took so long. His story about calling the '53 WS and saying that Whitey Ford left early on the air was pretty funny too.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game. Worried about the Dodgers offense, Padres are better then i thought.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, I am, and I heard him say that. I fucking love his commentary. It's true though, I have no idea what took so long. His story about calling the '53 WS and saying that Whitey Ford left early on the air was pretty funny too.

There's no one like this guy nd he hasn't lost a step. Been doing this over 60 yrs and he's still THE BEST in the business. Every year I hope for just one more year and he looks so good I'm thinking he might just do it. Why not? :hope:

Vin and Tommy are really the end of an era. Neither one will ever pay for a meal in a restaurant I'm in.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game. Worried about the Dodgers offense, Padres are better then i thought.

I feel the same way. Gotta be able to score more than 7 runs in 4 games, I don't care who the staff is. Take absolutely nothing away from SD, their staff is fucking lights out. A sub 2.30 team ERA is no joke, and they proved it. But shit, we have a third of our lineup is hitting .290 or better. We just keep leaving them out there. Vin kept pointing it out, clear as day.

Uribe needs to Switch with Either in the lineup. And if A Gon doesn't start producing more, then fuck it, put Uribe at 3, Puig at 4, and then put A Gon, Either, etc. We need to start getting these guys in, fuck loyalties and formalities. Our #6 hitter shouldn't have a higher BA, OBP, and SLG than our 4/5 guys. That's ridiculous. Fuck the name on the back, it's about the name on the front.