• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac12 Network

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course the game is on the Pac12 network again and I've got Directv so I can't fucking watch it:gaah:

Anybody know a good site to stream the game?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I had some advice on that. They really need to just sell streaming subscriptions at a decent price for those that can't otherwise access it. They'd sell that shit all over the world.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing's first... I feel for you that you didn't get to see it on TV because your provider doesn't carry the channel. There are things I've wanted to see that I've missed for the same reason. I'd tell you to get the Pac-12 app, as was suggested on the ticker if I wanted to catch the first few minutes of the game, but given that DirecTV doesn't even carry the channel and you need to log-in to your provider account to watch the game on the app, it wouldn't help to use the app. One of these days, TV providers will only make us pay for the channels we want and they'll offer every channel to everyone so that everybody has every channel to choose from.

Speaking of missing the first few minutes... I've got DISH and they didn't start showing the Husky game until it was already about 5 minutes (and one touchdown) in. Pac-12 Network in Washington decided to show every last second of the USC blowout before switching over even though it indicated on its ticker that viewers could tune in to Pac-12 Washington to watch the start of the Husky game. I was very irritated.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing's first... I feel for you that you didn't get to see it on TV because your provider doesn't carry the channel. There are things I've wanted to see that I've missed for the same reason. I'd tell you to get the Pac-12 app, as was suggested on the ticker if I wanted to catch the first few minutes of the game, but given that DirecTV doesn't even carry the channel and you need to log-in to your provider account to watch the game on the app, it wouldn't help to use the app. One of these days, TV providers will only make us pay for the channels we want and they'll offer every channel to everyone so that everybody has every channel to choose from.

Speaking of missing the first few minutes... I've got DISH and they didn't start showing the Husky game until it was already about 5 minutes (and one touchdown) in. Pac-12 Network in Washington decided to show every last second of the USC blowout before switching over even though it indicated on its ticker that viewers could tune in to Pac-12 Washington to watch the start of the Husky game. I was very irritated.
Odd, I watched it from the opening gun, but then I was watching it streaming on their web site. But it was the Pac12 Washington channel on their web site. I won't watch Pac12 Wa on Comcast because they don't carry it in HD so I waited for USC to finish off the national channel and just watched the stream before it went to HD. I freaking can't stand SD on large TV's.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd, I watched it from the opening gun, but then I was watching it streaming on their web site. But it was the Pac12 Washington channel on their web site. I won't watch Pac12 Wa on Comcast because they don't carry it in HD so I waited for USC to finish off the national channel and just watched the stream before it went to HD. I freaking can't stand SD on large TV's.

I saw mention of Pac-12 Washington, but just assumed it meant that it would air on Pac-12 Network in our market (Washington). I'll have to look into it on the website so I don't miss the first five minutes of another game because the network has decided to show every last second of an out-of-market blowout I couldn't care less about seeing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw mention of Pac-12 Washington, but just assumed it meant that it would air on Pac-12 Network in our market (Washington). I'll have to look into it on the website so I don't miss the first five minutes of another game because the network has decided to show every last second of an out-of-market blowout I couldn't care less about seeing.
Yeah, there are 6 regional networks and one national one. In this area we get PacW which is our region and the national one. On Comcast they only have HD for the national one so when UW's games aren't on the main feed we are relegated to standard def on that channel. Mahler has brought it up to their people on the air many times and they keep blaming Comcast and the other carriers for the issues with their network.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there are 6 regional networks and one national one. In this area we get PacW which is our region and the national one. On Comcast they only have HD for the national one so when UW's games aren't on the main feed we are relegated to standard def on that channel. Mahler has brought it up to their people on the air many times and they keep blaming Comcast and the other carriers for the issues with their network.

I found the page for the live streams and bookmarked it. I'll be at work during the game next week, so I won't see it anyway, but I hope I won't have to use the live stream to see the start of every game except the Stanford game and the Apple Cup. I have less of a problem with showing the end of close games, but I would still prefer it if they showed the game the entire region cares about from start to finish and gave in-game updates for the other game so the people who were actually watching it with some interest can find out what happened. I have no problem with live cut-ins and in-game updates as long as I can still at least see what's happening in the game I care about while they're giving the update.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game on Pac12 Network again and I can't make the game :gaah:

Lets hope this is the last one this year. I would hope the major networks will pick up the Pac12 games with a top 10 team involved

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game on Pac12 Network again and I can't make the game :gaah:

Lets hope this is the last one this year. I would hope the major networks will pick up the Pac12 games with a top 10 team involved

Yeah I don't think the Huskies will be on Pac-12 Net again this year. Glad that this shitty OOC schedule is over. Onto the real season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think the Huskies will be on Pac-12 Net again this year. Glad that this shitty OOC schedule is over. Onto the real season.
Don't be too sure about that. The Oregon game is likely going to be a big enough draw to get them on a real network, but I'd be surprised if they don't end up on at least 3 or 4 late night games with most being Pac12N.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bloody hell, tomorrow night's game is on the Pac12 Network again. Fuck off DirectV and Larry Scott.