• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overrated Actors/Actresses

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edward Norton is underrated IMO.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched many of his movies?

Platoon
Donnie Brasco
Blow
From Hell
Secret Window
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Finding Neverland
Public Enemy
All great movies that he doesn't play a character like he does in Pirates. He has an amazing range as an actor. As big as anyone.

I've seen the bolded. you're right, I was wrong. I think he does had a reputation for mostly playing a wacko in his movies. Although you have listed some and there are more movies that he plays a serious role. I never said he was overrated just that most people that believe that he is overrated share the feeling he only plays the wacko role.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen the bolded. you're right, I was wrong. I think he does had a reputation for mostly playing a wacko in his movies. Although you have listed some and there are more movies that he plays a serious role. I never said he was overrated just that most people that believe that he is overrated share the feeling he only plays the wacko role.

Now I agree he does have that reputation, it's just a bad one.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also writes his own movies (which tend to be really good). That makes him about ten times more talented than most actors in Hollywood. Plus, he isn't highly regarded at all.

The most overrated actor is Daniel Day-Lewis. It's not because he is a bad actor. He is a quite good actor, maybe top ten in the world. His problem is that he gets ridiculous praise for every part, even when they are unspectacular. Look at Lincoln...he played a guy whose nobody has ever heard. He had an accent that didn't remotely resemble a Midwest accent. He acted like a bumbling fool for most of the movie. He gets one good monologue and it is suddenly a "legendary performance." He's had one truly legendary performance (There Will Be Blood), and even that was a shitty movie. Gangs of New York was good, but he outshone by Liam Neeson, much like Tommy Lee Jones stole the screen from him in Lincoln. When you are only in one movie every five years and you get outshone in 2/3 of them, you aren't the Best Actor of your generation. The best actor alive today is Michael Shannon, so DDL can't possibly live up to his reputation.

Other overrated actors, IMO, are Sean Penn, Russell Crowe, Michael Caine (in old age...much less so when he was younger), and Kevin Spacey.

:laugh3::laugh3: Liam Neeson had like 2 scenes in that movie

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably list Liam Neeson in this thread.

I think he is good, it's just he did Schindler's List, which set his standard high. He just hasn't been able to reach that high level that some of the greats have.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably list Liam Neeson in this thread.

I don't know who you are. I don't know how you can think that. If you are trolling, I can tell you I don't believe it. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you praise Neesons greatness, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will force you be a Gamecocks fan.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Depp is an amazing actor. Now Keanu Reeves...he sucks. But ironically his movies are good. Same character ...dude...lmao.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen him in 2 movies, Rob Roy and Next of Kin. Oh yea and the A-Team.

meh.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who you are. I don't know how you can think that. If you are trolling, I can tell you I don't believe it. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you praise Neesons greatness, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will force you be a Gamecocks fan.

:laugh3::10: