• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overrated Actors/Actresses

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Rogen.

People seem to love this guy and think he is hilarious, I think he is a borefest. Dude plays the same character in every fucking movie he is in, whether he is the main actor or a supporting actor he plays that dumb stoner role. Bro, expand your options.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also writes his own movies (which tend to be really good). That makes him about ten times more talented than most actors in Hollywood. Plus, he isn't highly regarded at all.

The most overrated actor is Daniel Day-Lewis. It's not because he is a bad actor. He is a quite good actor, maybe top ten in the world. His problem is that he gets ridiculous praise for every part, even when they are unspectacular. Look at Lincoln...he played a guy whose nobody has ever heard. He had an accent that didn't remotely resemble a Midwest accent. He acted like a bumbling fool for most of the movie. He gets one good monologue and it is suddenly a "legendary performance." He's had one truly legendary performance (There Will Be Blood), and even that was a shitty movie. Gangs of New York was good, but he outshone by Liam Neeson, much like Tommy Lee Jones stole the screen from him in Lincoln. When you are only in one movie every five years and you get outshone in 2/3 of them, you aren't the Best Actor of your generation. The best actor alive today is Michael Shannon, so DDL can't possibly live up to his reputation.

Other overrated actors, IMO, are Sean Penn, Russell Crowe, Michael Caine (in old age...much less so when he was younger), and Kevin Spacey.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the-last-of-the-mohicans-poster.jpg

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit...I actually opened this thread thinking Seth Rogan.

:clap2:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Carrey!

You stopped being funny after Ace Ventura!

Johnny Depp is a close second...playing odd ball characters maybe entertaining but so is Si from Duck Dynasty that does't make you a great actor just an odd ball.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Depp is an amazing actor. Watch some of his other stuff where he isn't an odd ball. He can play any character. And even the odd characters are amazing acting jobs. Not just everyone can play those roles. Jack Sparrow was supposed to be more of a serious character, all the off character things were improv on his part. He made that character.

Seth Rogan isn't the best actor, but as far as being absolutely talented he is one of the best. He was really good in Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared before he got into the movies. Rogan isn't an all time great actor, but I don't think anyone has ever said he is.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Depp is good.

Owned in Pirates

Was great in Secret Window

I will say from previews his character is his new movie looks like a rip off of Jack Sparrow.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depp ripped off a very drunk/stoned Keith Richards for the pirates movies and owned up to it. Keith Richards then played his pirate dad.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Depp is good.

Owned in Pirates

I will say from previews his character is his new movie looks like a rip off of Jack Sparrow.

The Lone Ranger previews? Yes it looks like essentially the same character, just in the old west. You know they wrote it like that though. I don't think it's his own doing this time.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depp ripped off a very drunk/stoned Keith Richards for the pirates movies and owned up to it. Keith Richards then played his pirate dad.

So what if he did? How many other actors do you think could have pulled it off like he did.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Depp is good.

Owned in Pirates

I get he has done some good work but for the last few years and really the majority of his work he plays odd balls.

I enjoy the Capatain Jack Schtick but he has not done anything different in years and I get tired of the constant belief he is great.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if he did? How many other actors do you think could have pulled it off like he did.

His acting gets old quick, but he has made like 10 pirates movies. Why the hell did he play a pedo in Wonka?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Depp is good.

Owned in Pirates

I get he has done some good work but for the last few years and really the majority of his work he plays odd balls.

I enjoy the Capatain Jack Schtick but he has not done anything different in years and I get tired of the constant belief he is great.

well to his own credit, his recent work is done for his kids. He mentioned that the reason he did pirates was so that his kids could watch some of his movies. As before he did really dark characters is darker movies.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Carrey!

You stopped being funny after Ace Ventura!

Johnny Depp is a close second...playing odd ball characters maybe entertaining but so is Si from Duck Dynasty that does't make you a great actor just an odd ball.

I'd like to hear more about Si's breadth of oddball characters. What else can he do?

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think people get tired of hearing about Depp being held up as a great when he is basically a wacko in every movie he has ever done. When other actors catch shit for being typecasted.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his recent work is done for his kids. He mentioned that the reason he did pirates was so that his kids could watch some of his movies. As before he did really dark characters is darker movies.

I get that and it's better to be filthy rich and plagiarizing his own character than be a broke artist. But does he really need to live in France?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to hear more about Si's breadth of oddball characters. What else can he do?

Listen here Jack, he was Vietnam...... At least I laugh every time I hear the guy talk.