• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Outback Bowl v LSU

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valiant 2nd half effort by Iowa. Glad to see LSU coaches throw the ball a lot in the 2nd half - that clearly kept Iowa in the game today.

The officiating was equally poor and impacted today's game a great deal.

Glad to see the 'fire' from KF today. I think he'll effectively use that moving forward in his preparations for next year.

Iowa's future looks bright next season!!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it this way, Iowa failed to score 10 points (missed TD to Powell that Rudock threw short and then a missed FG) that they should have had on the scoreboard...that's a 24-21 win over a top 10 NCAA team in my book.

Now reality is we lost, but again, a 7 point loss to a top 10 team on a neutral field, I don't feel so bad, if anyone should feel bad, it's LSU, they were supposed to beat us handily and couldn't, the mighty SEC team that beat Auburn, barely beat an unranked B10 team that got beat by Northern Illinois.

Next year, we need to replace LB's, but should be much better on offense. This was not a game we played well, and we had the talent to win and we lost. It was supposed to be a lot worse but LSU couldn't do it, that shows how top 10 they really were.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For most of this season, when Iowa threw the ball long to Powell - and missed - Iowa never came back to it in the same game. Powell had his man beat by an easy 4-5 yards, but Rudock missed the throw. Makes me wonder if Rudock's knee wouldn't allow him to throw a deep ball today.

I agree Hawkeye that Iowa should be - a lot - better next season. The extra practices this season is huge. Additionally, I hope KF brings in more speed at all positions to go with Powell.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on top of that, I do think that 50 year old guy on LSU's D line #90 (did you see his balding head when he took off his helmet?) faked his cramp to stop the momentum, then the next guy really might have gotten hurt....but I do think Miles is a pretty decent coach 41-2 vs teams outside of the SEC...that is impressive

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU had a number of 'injuries' by players who missed a play and got back out on the field. Very suspicious. Additionally, that #90 was holding is left knee on the field. The training staff worked on his right knee on the sideline. Then #90 was back out on the field. Interesting to say the least.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lose our 3 LBs. how many starters we got coming back?

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU had a number of 'injuries' by players who missed a play and got back out on the field. Very suspicious. Additionally, that #90 was holding is left knee on the field. The training staff worked on his right knee on the sideline. Then #90 was back out on the field. Interesting to say the least.

He was also seen dancing on the sideline not long after said "injury."

Look for a new rule in both the NFL and college football to do away with these fake injuries. I say, if a player goes down and the game has to be stopped with trainers coming out onto the field, that player can't return to the game for some set period of time....like 10 minutes of game clock. That might just turn football into hockey with the "goons" who might run onto the field just to fake an injury though. I don't know of any other way around it.