• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Outback Bowl v LSU

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a link for tickets on facebook

edit to add: Linked by Iowa Hawkeyes fb page

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good bowl against a good team. Hope KF has us ready.. Wonder what the opening line will be?

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think LSU remembers this?

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU lost their QB. I would rather Iowa to face Texas A&M. I see this as a lose-lose situation. They win, it will be because LSU lost their QB. If they lose, they lose. Neither way makes it look good.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For awhile, it was looking like Texas A&M which would have been a fun game. Earlier today, CBSSports.com had Missouri dropping all the way to the Chick-fil-A game. Talk about Missouri getting screwed. Looks like a deal was made to put the SEC runner-up in the Cotton Bowl........

LSU will have another freshmen QB playing against us. This ought to make things interesting I think. Hopefully, the Iowa Defense attacks like it did against Nebraska and sends this senior class out with a W!! LSU has a highly ranked offense and defense. But with the freshmen QB...maybe not as effective as it was with Mettenberger. Maybe their #1 RB will be suspended for the game - had to think a deal was made their to get him to play the SEC schedule. He's a load (J. Hill) to bring down and is averaging almost 7 ypc with 14 TDs.

I'm looking forward to the game.

Go Hawks!!!

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think LSU remembers this?

Oh yea.. we still remember. Sent little Nicky to Miami with a loss after that heart breaker. Don't sleep on our backup! LSU does pretty well when our back up QB has to come in for bowl games. :D He's going to be the starter next year for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine is from Louisiana, says LSU D is just average, which might actually be true. Iowa can win this game.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would think most LSU fans do not care, cause Nick screwed them over to go to Miami and then ended up at Bama...slap in the face, but the Hat is a good one so they made out ok.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw them play once this year, ironically against Auburn...so they looked pretty good in that one. The hard part will be the unknown in the new QB, Mettenberger was experienced and proven, we need to make the kid throw by stopping the run and then pressuring his throws. Offense, we know what we need to do, establish the run and mix in the pass.

One thing that worries me about the Hat is that he has to be salivating on trick plays seeing how Iowa is prone to allowing fake field goals, fake punts, etc. Stopping the obvious one vs Nebraska was too easy, LSU runs them a lot better. Special teams better be on their game.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate these games vs. new QBs. Somehow, in both football and basketball, Iowa seems to bring out the best in players who come in and haven't played much. Let's hope this kid doesn't have a LaFester Rhodes-like day. And you have to be a serious Iowa fan to catch that analogy.

Regardless, this is a pretty even matchup. I'm guessing with the LSU QB situation Iowa will be favored by 2 or 3. I'm sure Parker will have packages in place to put all kinds of pressure on the QB with blitzing by LBs and even our CBs.

And if you watch that entire clip - from when Iowa got the ball vs. LSU - you will actually get anxiety with how pisspoor Ferentz handled the clock there. I guess it all worked out in the end but SHEESH that was bad. Like 30 seconds between plays at mid-field, really Kirk?

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate these games vs. new QBs. Somehow, in both football and basketball, Iowa seems to bring out the best in players who come in and haven't played much. Let's hope this kid doesn't have a LaFester Rhodes-like day. And you have to be a serious Iowa fan to catch that analogy.

Regardless, this is a pretty even matchup. I'm guessing with the LSU QB situation Iowa will be favored by 2 or 3. I'm sure Parker will have packages in place to put all kinds of pressure on the QB with blitzing by LBs and even our CBs.

And if you watch that entire clip - from when Iowa got the ball vs. LSU - you will actually get anxiety with how pisspoor Ferentz handled the clock there. I guess it all worked out in the end but SHEESH that was bad. Like 30 seconds between plays at mid-field, really Kirk?

Thanks for bringing that up dick. That mother fucker dropped 54 on my 8th birthday. I hate him.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, sorry. Probably the single craziest Iowa/ISU game in any sport I've ever witnessed. That kid averaged like 12 pts a game. The very definition of being in "The Zone."

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaFester...wasn't he LaGomez's brother? Put a light bulb in his mouth and it would light up when he played against the Hawkeyes. What year was that again?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaFester...wasn't he LaGomez's brother? Put a light bulb in his mouth and it would light up when he played against the Hawkeyes. What year was that again?

like 1930

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time LSU had a back up qb play against Iowa, he almost won the game. I like the match up and LSU fans are a blast to tailgate with!