• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our race to the bottom continues with Oakland, 4/23-26

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me crazy but I would leave Gallo in LF, move Profar to 3B, Kiner-Falefa to SS and bring up Andy Ibanez to play 2B if Beltre's injury keeps him down for a while. gives us a chance to see another of our future stars in action

I'd keep Profar at SS but I would be ok with an Ibanez /IKF combo at 2B/3B too over Robinson playing

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be on board with this, especially now that DDJ is back, and Robinson was exposed in an extended look

Depends on what the think would be the better defensive combination since both Gallo and Rua can play 3B and LF
Not disagreeing with anyone on what they should do but I really think that they are grooming Gallo for LF and leaving it to Profar, Odor and IKF for now to fight it out over 2b and 3b and platooning. Odor is very limited on the defensive side as he has a hard enough time with just 2b so either it is his job or nothing.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing with anyone on what they should do but I really think that they are grooming Gallo for LF and leaving it to Profar, Odor and IKF for now to fight it out over 2b and 3b and platooning. Odor is very limited on the defensive side as he has a hard enough time with just 2b so either it is his job or nothing.
Why do you think they didn't start out the year with Gallo in LF and Rua at 1B then?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose they see much less in Rua than Robinson. IDK
That didn't appear to be the case when they broke camp and proclaimed that they wanted to give Rua an extended look. Then when his hitting was starting to improve they pulled the rug out from under him. They change their mind so much that it is almost like a woman is running the team.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That didn't appear to be the case when they broke camp and proclaimed that they wanted to give Rua an extended look. Then when his hitting was starting to improve they pulled the rug out from under him. They change their mind so much that it is almost like a woman is running the team.

Rua didn't perform either, then they decided to bring Guzman up after all the injuries and Gallo was pushed into LF

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep on the Round Rock bench, is where he needs to be.

Speaking of RR. They're in town next week for a 4 game series with the Redbirds. I'm definitely going to catch a game for sure.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that? It wasn't expected that he was going to stay healthy all year anyway. Now, if he got injured in late July I would agree, but him getting injured now shouldn't affect his trade value in July at all.

Well, except for the fact that it's a reminder that staying healthy isn't the easiest thing for Beltre to do. And this is April, so getting injured this early is actually more of a red flag.

This is true. But it's also true there is a 100% chance of him not getting a ring if he stays here.

There's no doubt about that, but just because we want Beltre to get a ring doesn't mean the teams that have a chance are going to want/need him on their roster. We'll see how things shake out at the deadline.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua didn't perform either, then they decided to bring Guzman up after all the injuries and Gallo was pushed into LF
He didn't get an extended look though. That was the plan and they changed their mind for some reason. He was 4 for his last 12 when they pulled him out of the everyday lineup. That makes no sense.

If someone is going to be removed from the everyday lineup after a couple of weeks of performing poorly at the plate there are going to be a lot of players benched or sent down.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, except for the fact that it's a reminder that staying healthy isn't the easiest thing for Beltre to do. And this is April, so getting injured this early is actually more of a red flag.

I agree with ya 100%. How many years in a row has Beltre had a hamstring (s) injury? And it normally limits him, once he does come back from the DL. If that isn't a red-flag for a 39 year old I don't think there is one.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no doubt about that, but just because we want Beltre to get a ring doesn't mean the teams that have a chance are going to want/need him on their roster. We'll see how things shake out at the deadline.
Anyone following the game didn't need a reminder. This injury is no surprise at all. We are fortunate that it came now. His injury factor was factored into his trade value well before this season started.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't get an extended look though. That was the plan and they changed their mind for some reason. He was 4 for his last 12 when they pulled him out of the everyday lineup. That makes no sense.

If someone is going to be removed from the everyday lineup after a couple of weeks of performing poorly at the plate there are going to be a lot of players benched or sent down.

Circumstances dictated a change in direction, it happens, with Andrus and Odor and now Beltre going down it was a full re-boot and undoubtedly they don't see Rua as much more than a bench guy going forward

What I don't get is the willingness to give Robinson and extended look and not Rua now that the ability to play CF is not a factor

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. It's the same point I was making a while back re: potentially trading Elvis. He's playing terrific. But it takes a trading partner in need to make a trade work, and without a major injury, any team of true value seems to be pretty set at SS.

Just my way of agreeing and patting myself on the back at the same time. ha ha

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with ya 100%. How many years in a row has Beltre had a hamstring (s) injury? And it normally limits him, once he does come back from the DL. If that isn't a red-flag for a 39 year old I don't think there is one.
With that in mind, do you think the last extension that we signed him to was a mistake?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone following the game didn't need a reminder. This injury is no surprise at all. We are fortunate that it came now. His injury factor was factored into his trade value well before this season started.

So then you agree that Beltre's trade value is pretty low. Cool.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It's the same point I was making a while back re: potentially trading Elvis. He's playing terrific. But it takes a trading partner in need to make a trade work, and without a major injury, any team of true value seems to be pretty set at SS.

Just my way of agreeing and patting myself on the back at the same time. ha ha

I will fully admit that part of my resistance to trading Beltre stems from being emotionally unable to stand seeing him in another uniform.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Circumstances dictated a change in direction, it happens, with Andrus and Odor and now Beltre going down it was a full re-boot and undoubtedly they don't see Rua as much more than a bench guy going forward

What I don't get is the willingness to give Robinson and extended look and not Rua now that the ability to play CF is not a factor
If they saw that and if certain fans think that, then that is fine. Saying he would get an extended look and then refusing to play him once the SS got hurt makes no sense. He is very versatile and could have played almost any position, but yet all of a sudden the extended look became a cursory glance.

Having a SS go down and solving that by bringing up a 1B and moving your 1B to LF and benching your LF who has just started hitting just doesn't make any sense.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, think anyway, we've all accepted our fate for 2018. But the thing I don't want us to do is call up guys, play them sparingly, or out of position, and really not have a good/great idea of what happens with them/us going forward.

I believe this team sees Gallo as our everyday 3rd baseman as early as 2019. Granted, I might be wrong. But if this is the case, move his ass there now, and fill in around him with Profar @ SS, IKF @ 2nd, and Guzman at 1st. And put Rua back in LF.

I know the Rua idea is not gonna fly with most, but I swear, I don't think we've ever given him a 'true chance.' Let's do it now, and then we, or least me, can rest in peace.