• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT:The pretend like Doug Wilson will make a trade thread

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a shocking quote. Don't get me wrong, I admire the "intergrity" piece, and I think thats why many top players have chosen to resign long term with SJ, but good lord, integrtiy is not worht more than the near future of the franchise. If the sharks need to go young, and the big two have lots of value this offseason, not trading them for the sake of integrity would be a devastating decision for the net 5-10 years of the franchise.

Somehow, I still figure they may magically come to him if the right deal is in place and the team seems to be in a full rebuild. If they miss the PO's, it makes no sense to keep them, so we'll see...

I think the integrity thing is a political answer where you say something socially acceptable without giving too many details but with Marleau saying "if I'm not wanted I'll leave" it's pretty obvious he's not thrilled to be in SJ right now. Scored tonight though so credit where credit is due.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow we are screwed and Doug hasnt been anywhere close to transparent... He started the whole rebuild thing by saying no one was safe, esp the leaders... Now hes saying hes basically never said that and has been transparent on his "masterplan"... It hes so transparent, how come NO ONE in the whole hockey world knows what the heck his plan is?? And he knows where the team is going?? Yea we all know that, down the toilet, and if he keeps these 2 for the remainder of their contracts without gaining anything while they still have big value, then we are in the toilet for many years to come...
For him to come out and say something like this and include "no matter for the seasons plays out" part makes me 100% certain he knows his job isnt in jeopardy... No GM in their right mind in fear of losing his job would say something like that... Thats bascially saying, if we miss the playoffs, lose all remaining games, im standing pat and not trading them.... The quotes outa this guys mouth are more bullshit then the crap Obama tries to sell to people...
FIRE THIS ASSBAG ASAP!

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a great way to make sure Dougie stays transparent. FIRE HIM!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Recently signed UFA goalie Aaron Dell has been called up from Worcester. He has played extremely well with Worcester since being brought in from Allen in the ECHL. Haven't seen anything on possible injury to Stalock or Niemi.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I for one am terribly disappointed. Not because te big two didnt move. Not because of the return on the assets they did deal. But because nemo is still here.

I cannot believe that dougie didnt find a good return out there for a SC winning goalie. I was hoping for at least a 2nd or 1st rounder and instead they will get nothing. Basically dougie landed a 3rd, 4th, and 7th. Thats not much of a haul for a team desperate to add future assets, and its particularly bad when the teams top tradeable piece didnt move. Maybe dougie is still going for it given LA's struggles.

There's still a chance for you Rules. It looks like both of the Panthers goalies will be out for a long time and Tallon is desperate for a quality replacement to get them into the PO's.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raanta was sent down to the AHL Likewall32 yeah that would've been a brilliant trade lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's still a chance for you Rules. It looks like both of the Panthers goalies will be out for a long time and Tallon is desperate for a quality replacement to get them into the PO's.
Trade deadline kind of passed lol

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raanta was sent down to the AHL Likewall32 yeah that would've been a brilliant trade lol

Umm I hope your being sarcastic... You do realize he was sent down for salary cap reasons. He makes 1.5mil and Darling makes $500K... Darlings cap hit is only $200K

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The reports I have read suggest otherwise

The salary cap & the fact they are already over it and were skimping every penny suggests otherwise. So does Quenville. You probably also believe the reports that Sharps banged Keiths wife too lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The salary cap & the fact they are already over it and were skimping every penny suggests otherwise. So does Quenville. You probably also believe the reports that Sharps banged Keiths wife too lol
I'm going to go with the reports over your fan boy speculation

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm going to go with the reports over your fan boy speculation

Thats fine, but usually when a team is trying to aquire someone at the deadline that will put them over the cap, they will send down a player to make that move. in the case of a backup goalie - a team would take the one that is a 275K cap hit over a 1.5 mil hit... Im pretty sure his 7-4, 1.89 & 936% werent the deciding factor, as terrible as those numbers are compared to Darlings 6-3 2.18 .930. But your right, it is pure fan boy speculation since raanta was clearly shitting the bed compared to darling

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Jose is rumored to be one of the front runners to sign top NCAA goalie Matt O'Connorcout of Boston University.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That should read Matt O'Connor out of BU.