• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT:The pretend like Doug Wilson will make a trade thread

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks pick up goalie Joey McDonald for a 7th rounder.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now TSN saying McDonald trade to the Sharks is false.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: anybody who gets traded to SJ has a shitty performance

Ben Smith is our next fail

It must be depressing for him to have to come here from an actual contender in Chicago.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read Pollak's latest story then maybe you won't blame Marleau and Thornton for the situation. Neither have been asked to waive and Marleau states he is open to a move if he's not wanted.

How bad do you think it will have to get here before Wilson asks Marleau and Thornton to waive their NTC's and provide a list of teams to where they would like to be traded?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How bad do you think it will have to get here before Wilson asks Marleau and Thornton to waive their NTC's and provide a list of teams to where they would like to be traded?

He won't ask unless there is an acceptable offer on the table and even then I think it's more likely they don't get moved unless they request to be traded.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These trades are full of "meh".

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read Pollak's latest story then maybe you won't blame Marleau and Thornton for the situation. Neither have been asked to waive and Marleau states he is open to a move if he's not wanted.

The whole 6 sentences Pollak managed to phone in were less than enlightening.

I 100% disagree with that notion that our top 2 players being useless is anyone's fault but those two players and I'm not about to go Jamie Baker and say "It's not their fault they're not trying. They're just unlucky!"

There's nothing new with Marleau and Thornton. This is who they are: slackers and entitled ones at that.

You can like Patty and Joe all you like but don't expect me to cut them any slack when they play like this because all they've ever done is play well enough to make the playoffs and now they're not even doing that.

They're soft. There's no cure for soft and that's a personal problem with them that poisons the entire team attitude.

The sooner the Marleau and Thornton era is over, the better.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I 100% disagree with that notion that our top 2 players being useless is anyone's fault but those two players and I'm not about to go Jamie Baker and say "It's not their fault they're not trying. They're just unlucky!"

There's nothing new with Marleau and Thornton. This is who they are: slackers and entitled ones at that.

You can like Patty and Joe all you like but don't expect me to cut them any slack when they play like this because all they've ever done is play well enough to make the playoffs and now they're not even doing that.

They're soft. There's no cure for soft and that's a personal problem with them that poisons the entire team attitude.

+1 :thumb:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Dougie traded Kennedy, Mcginn, Desjardins, Sheppard & Hamilton for Ben Smith & a 2016/2017 worthless draft pick... Now thats one hell of a rebuild...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I for one am terribly disappointed. Not because te big two didnt move. Not because of the return on the assets they did deal. But because nemo is still here.

I cannot believe that dougie didnt find a good return out there for a SC winning goalie. I was hoping for at least a 2nd or 1st rounder and instead they will get nothing. Basically dougie landed a 3rd, 4th, and 7th. Thats not much of a haul for a team desperate to add future assets, and its particularly bad when the teams top tradeable piece didnt move. Maybe dougie is still going for it given LA's struggles.

Ben Smith is fine, but not gunna be a difference maker going forward this year and the sharks wont be a contender next year, so at this moment, I am saddened that dougie couldnt land a 1st for nemo.

Well, the offseason will be more interesting. The return on the big two at the deadline wouldnt be that good anyways. They may get a nice package ahead of the draft anyways given the severe lack of talent in the UFA pool. At this moment, there is not a single top line forward scheduled to hit the UFA market. Justin Williams might be the closest but nothing approaching a Jumbo or Patty is out there, so for teams looking to add top line talent, it will be a sellers market. Dougie is wise to hold on to them at this point and wait until the summer. I wish he moved them last summer, but I would expect action this summer either just ahead of the draft or in Early July after the initial wave of UFA's are signed and the teams that lost out become desperate.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe that dougie didnt find a good return out there for a SC winning goalie.

His stock is low because he's bad at his job.
Niemi won the Stanley Cup in 2010 because he had a really strong team in front of him but he has few personal successes since that time.
There is no one in playoff contention that would acquire Niemi the way he's currently playing.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
While I agree with your assessment of his SC victory, I dont think nemo is that bad. His numbers have been pretty stellar the last several years, and he's been playing pretty well lately, even if the stats arent that sparkling. I thought maybe the isles or jets, but actually looking around the league, it's true that there arent many teams vying for the PO's that need goaltending help. I suppose the market just wasnt there. Still, even trading him for a shitty return like a 3rd rounder to some contender looking for depth woulda been better than keeping him.

Of course, then again, the sharks are only functionally 3 points back of the PO's, so keeping him does give them a chance still to sneak in.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While I agree with your assessment of his SC victory, I dont think nemo is that bad. His numbers have been pretty stellar the last several years, and he's been playing pretty well lately, even if the stats arent that sparkling. I thought maybe the isles or jets, but actually looking around the league, it's true that there arent many teams vying for the PO's that need goaltending help. I suppose the market just wasnt there. Still, even trading him for a shitty return like a 3rd rounder to some contender looking for depth woulda been better than keeping him.

Of course, then again, the sharks are only functionally 3 points back of the PO's, so keeping him does give them a chance still to sneak in.
There's shit for UFA goalies this offseason Elliot is the best available so that's a lateral move at best. I won't be surprised to see nemo back next season

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not to be the bearer of bad news Rules but Wilson said last week that he will use the last 20 games of the season to deside Niemi's future with the Sharks. So unless someone knocked Wilson's socks of with an offer for him, he wasn't getting moved. Now it sounds like there is a possibility he gets re-signed.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It's hard to read over the internet but it just seems you are overly perturbed by the situation when you're perception of what's going on isn't close to the reality of it . You claim it's "unethical" for Marleau and Thornton to take advantage of the situation when there is multiple reports now from Marleau, Thornton, and Wilson saying they've never been asked to waive. Now it comes out that if Marleau were asked that he would. If he were intentionally bagging it he'd be gone already.

Honest question. Did you really think this team was going to easily make the POs? The team is right where most thought they would be and according to Wilson in a better spot than he expected.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to read over the internet but it just seems you are overly perturbed by the situation when you're perception of what's going on isn't close to the reality of it . You claim it's "unethical" for Marleau and Thornton to take advantage of the situation when there is multiple reports now from Marleau, Thornton, and Wilson saying they've never been asked to waive. Now it comes out that if Marleau were asked that he would. If he were intentionally bagging it he'd be gone already.

Honest question. Did you really think this team was going to easily make the POs? The team is right where most thought they would be and according to Wilson in a better spot than he expected.

This team isn't going toward the playoffs and I'm not going to argue with you.
We have a difference of opinion on Marleau and Thornton.

It doesn't ruin my life but I'm pretty clear in stating I want Marleau and Thornton gone because I think they're two of the biggest problems with the Sharks right now. #3 being Doug Wilson.

If that bothers you, well... good luck with that because my stance won't be changing unless Marleau and Thornton can do the job they're getting paid to do. They got paid bank for their extensions and look what they give us in return. A complete lack of production and a whole lot of lost games.

I hope that doesn't make me sound too "peturbed" over the internet to you.
P.S. That was sarcasm. Another thing that's apparently hard to read.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This team isn't going toward the playoffs and I'm not going to argue with you.
We have a difference of opinion on Marleau and Thornton.

It doesn't ruin my life but I'm pretty clear in stating I want Marleau and Thornton gone because I think they're two of the biggest problems with the Sharks right now. #3 being Doug Wilson.

If that bothers you, well... good luck with that because my stance won't be changing unless Marleau and Thornton can do the job they're getting paid to do. They got paid bank for their extensions and look what they give us in return. A complete lack of production and a whole lot of lost games.

I hope that doesn't make me sound too "peturbed" over the internet to you.
P.S. That was sarcasm. Another thing that's apparently hard to read.

Everything you say here is perfectly reasonable. And no, nothing you've said bothers me. I'm sorry if I came across as defensive or abrasive. That wasn't my intention. I was just trying to better understand your point of view and how you came to it.

This team isn't going towards the playoffs. It never was going to no matter what kind of years Thronton and Marleau had was one of the points I was trying to make. And also why I consider Wilson the primary problem with the team.

I also think it is time to move on from Thornton and Marleau but for different reasons. I simply think the assets that could be acquired would be more beneficial to the team and it's future then having them stick around for two more seasons.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More on the prospects of Thornton and Marleau moving on

Sharks' Wilson won't ask Thornton, Marleau to waive no-trades | CSN Bay Area

Thornton and Marleau would not be approached by management to relocate this summer no matter how the rest of the 2014-15 season plays out, though. The Sharks are two points out of a playoff spot with 19 to go, headed into Monday’s home game with Montreal.

“Players would have to come to me,” Wilson said. “The integrity of building that type of contract with those types of players, they would have to come to me. I’ve been very transparent on where this team is at, and where it’s going. They have a clause that’s in their contract, and I at no point have ever asked either one of them.”

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That's a shocking quote. Don't get me wrong, I admire the "intergrity" piece, and I think thats why many top players have chosen to resign long term with SJ, but good lord, integrtiy is not worht more than the near future of the franchise. If the sharks need to go young, and the big two have lots of value this offseason, not trading them for the sake of integrity would be a devastating decision for the net 5-10 years of the franchise.

Somehow, I still figure they may magically come to him if the right deal is in place and the team seems to be in a full rebuild. If they miss the PO's, it makes no sense to keep them, so we'll see...