• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT:The pretend like Doug Wilson will make a trade thread

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like the title implies its probably not happening lol But lets pretend like always. That being said Dwill has given zero indication on what his actual plan is for this team since last year, there still seems to be no clear direction for the club, which is a first in last 10 years.

I dont see a rental coming this way but i see spare parts getting dealt, mainly kenndy,irwin,or nieto. Possibly Nemo but i doubt it seeing how next season UFA goalie market is horrendous.

any guesses lol

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shoulda went after Evander.... Buffalo got him for a 3rd liner and a 3-4 Dman... Sj couldve offered Marleau + player + pick...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shoulda went after Evander.... Buffalo got him for a 3rd liner and a 3-4 Dman... Sj couldve offered Marleau + player + pick...

I consider Bogo and Myers a wash in that trade. The big value to the Jets was the 1st and two top prospects. I would of loved to see them get Kane but at this point the Sharks can't afford to give up those types of assets for him unfortunately.

I don't see Wilson doing much other than trying to move out Kennedy, Desjardins, Sheppard, Irwin, Hannan, and McGinn for mid picks and prospects. If playoff revenue wasn't so important to the organization I'd say they might move Niemi too but I doubt that's happening.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why the hell did they even sign Tye Mcguinn?? They havnt even used him

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol rumor is nemo is on the table good luck finding any takers besides maybe the jets or blues

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
maybe teams will give doug draft picks to NOT contact them about niemi lol

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant imagine anyone giving up much for Niemi.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy if Doug just quit.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's a decision that has to be made quickly," #SJSharks' McLellan told @SNHockeyCentral today on SJ being #NHL playoff tm or rebuild.

I'm for "rebuild".
Start by handing Doug Wilson his walking papers. Send Thornton and Marleau with him.
#DeadWeight

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't mind them picking up the rights to Burmistrov from Winnipeg. Signing Panarin who wants to leave the KHL this offseason would be nice as well.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doug Wilson on NHL Network today. Says Sharks were active in the Evander Kane trade talks but price was too high. Looking to add players who are 27 years or younger. Won't move any of the Sharks young players, 1st round picks, or top prospects.

If he's not willing to move those assets he must think he can poach players for cheep from teams in cap trouble.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey on the bright side, we can dump Thornton and Marleau in 2017.
Oh wait, that's not a bright side at all.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niemi + something to Chicago for Sharp & Rannta...
Rannta is now on the block and I like the guy

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niemi + something to Chicago for Sharp & Rannta...
Rannta is now on the block and I like the guy
I guess he couldnt be any worse but hes not a starter long term and neither is sharp

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess he couldnt be any worse but hes not a starter long term and neither is sharp

Ya dont really know if he is or isnt cause he hasnt really been given a shot... The only time he had been was last year when Crawford went down and he did just fine.... His numbers this year are respectable too. As for Sharp, Ive always said hes the secret leader of the hawks... Id gladly take him over Marleau. Hes younger, cheaper & puts up better numbers and hes a piece Chicago would be willing to move

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Wilson sticks to his plan of only bringing in players who are 23-26 years of age then he won't give Sharp a second thought. As tough as it will be to see them pass up on great players, like Sharp who will be available, targeting only the young players is the right way to go with the team in it's current state.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats dumb as hell... He can do a very successful rebuild by mixing players... Hawks are in need of a Center to replace Richards and Kane jus went down for 6-10 weeks... I believe Marleau usta play Center? Chi would probably bite on a Sharp + Rannta for Marleau trade... Sharp is younger, makes WAY less and has put up the exacpt same numbers as Marleau the past 5 years... SJ dumps bout 3 mil here and gains a goalie... Niemi can then be shipped off for a Dman or a goalie like Bernier, ... Ship Thornton off for whatever you can get and theres another 7mil... Offseason sign Krug -- Boston is at max cap with Krug only making 1mil this year. They are fucked. Adding Sharp (who like I said has always been the main leader on the Hawks) still leaves your with a respectable vet who can put up numbers... Or you can replace marleau and ship Thornton off to Chi, then send Marleau elsewhere...

He is gonna botch this deadline so gdamn bad when there are plenty of teams looking Marleau/THornton types to win it now...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From personal point of view adding Sharp to the veteran leadership group through the rebuild would be a very good move. Though, with the Hawks looming cap issues this offseason I would be surprised if they were willing to take a player making as much as Marleau or Thornton who's contract runs past this year.

The reality of the situation with everything that has been done and said is that Wilson has the leadership group he wants in place for the rebuild in Pavelski, Vlasic, Couture, and probably Wingels. He's only looking to add young pieces the organization can develop now.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thpought thornton & marleaus contracts were up at the end of the season?