• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's so easy to find NBA shooters why have the Sixers failed to do so for like 20 years?

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet the Suns will call with some combination involving 1 of their 2 lotto picks and Brandon Knight.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what the Lakers would want for the #2 pick? Simmons "and" Ingram?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what the Lakers would want for the #2 pick? Simmons "and" Ingram?

If the reports are true about Simmons immaturity I am not sure they will want to take on another headache after what they endured this year with D'Angelo Russell. Given that I am not sure why we would want the headache either.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Brown will decide if Simmons is a headache. He goes way back with Simmons' dad.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Brown will decide if Simmons is a headache. He goes way back with Simmons' dad.

A lot of it may be just youthful immaturity. I am more concerned about the work ethic. If he works hard he could become great.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they want to make Simmons the Centerpiece of the team and build the team around him. Joel Embiid has been ready to play for a while, but the Sixers are finally ready to unleash him (check out vids below). I think Embiid will be a superstar in this league ... he's also grown 2 inches since being drafted (now a legit 7'2") with a great shooting stroke. Okafor I think will be traded for either the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft when it's all said and done. Noel will probably be used off the bench. SG/SF Allen Crabbe would be a great free agent pickup ... we have the most cap space in the league and can offer him more money along with a starting position as opposed to coming off the bench again next season in Portland. He would be my #1 free agent target.

Joel Embiid

Mock off-season
** Trade Jah Okafor to the Celtics for the #3 pick in the draft. The Celtics almost traded for Okafor back in February, but the Sixers backed out. I think the deal finally gets done this off season and the Sixers use that 3rd pick in the draft to take Kentucky Guard Jamal Murray.

Jamal Murray

Potential team
C Joel Embiid / Nerlens Noel
PF Ben Simmons / Dario Saric
SF Robert Covington / Jerami Grant
SG Allen Crabbe / Jamal Murray / Hollis Thompson
PG Ish Smith / Jamal Murray

That's not bad at all ... plus we still have 2 other 1st rounders this year and our own plus the Lakers pick next year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind we have so later firsts too. I would love to get a PG like Anthony "Cat" Barber later in the round.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Embiid is good to go I trade Okafor. This team would be sick with 1-2 or 1-3 and the extra picks next year. Embiid is like Bradford last year at this point though. Tough to trust him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch Embiid drain 3's like layups at around the 3:20 mark ... this vid was from back in January. The kid has been over the injury for a while, but the team has been super cautious because there was zero need to play him this past season.

Check out this between the legs dunk; again, this is months ago ... looks to be in excellent shape as well.

The Offense will flow through Ben Simmons who will play a point 4 and he's going to be finding Embiid at the baseline or Jamal Murray (if we trade Okafor to Boston for the #3 pick) spotting up for 3's. Things could be looking up in a hurry.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind we have so later firsts too. I would love to get a PG like Anthony "Cat" Barber later in the round.

He's quick, but I dont think he has any other NBA quality skill. D-League4Life.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't trust Emiid.

But if Oak doesn't fit...i guess you have to trade him. I just feel like we're giving up the sure thing (Oakafor)for the stratch off lottery ticket (Emiid). just don't trade him to Boston unless they want to give up 7 unprotected first round picks.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrueHoop Presents: The Sixers' plan to get Joel Embiid healthy

While there are obviously no guarantees as far as future injury ... Embiid is not only ready to go, but he's in tremendous shape. The Sixers know that this kid is a franchise type player and they have treated him as such. He's still only 22 years old (just turned 22 in March) ... they've taken extra time this time around to ensure that he's 100% by the start of the following season. They learned their lesson the first time around by rushing things ... this time around they've played it out for the long run. Embiid himself has totally refocused during this time to a strict diet and working out; I think he's in for a monster first year. There are very few Centers out there who can match his skill set and during the time off he's worked with the pro coaches refining technique ... he will be much more ready in that regard than your rookies coming into the league.

Okafor on the other hand would be the 2nd or 3rd overall pick if he were in this draft. I think he was just dealt a bad hand in the final year of tanking for the team. He will be dealt to either Boston at 3 or Pheonix at 4 imo. Pheonix can also trade G Brandon Knight who can step right and start at the point (Ish Smith moves to back-up). Brandon Knight alone isn't enough straight up for Okafor, but they have 2 first rounders with pick 4 and 13. Knight is more of a scorer from the point, but if Simmons is going to be playing a point Forward role then a PG with a scorer's mentality is not a bad thing.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope people who think shooters are a dime a dozen are watching the playoffs. Golden State's splash brothers are the direction the league is heading in. The three point shot is becoming more and more important. If you don't have sharpshooters who can extend the area the other team has to defend, you are basically toast. Centers are OK but no great centers have done anything in more than a decade, for a reason. It's become a perimeter shooter's game.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's quick, but I dont think he has any other NBA quality skill. D-League4Life.

Well there is a reason he is a late first early second type. But we need some offensive players. Our offense is just sad as hell.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope people who think shooters are a dime a dozen are watching the playoffs. Golden State's splash brothers are the direction the league is heading in. The three point shot is becoming more and more important. If you don't have sharpshooters who can extend the area the other team has to defend, you are basically toast. Centers are OK but no great centers have done anything in more than a decade, for a reason. It's become a perimeter shooter's game.

Agree, that's why if we take Simmons we have to trade Okafor for someone who can score from the outside. If we trade him to Boston at #3 I'm taking Kentucky's G Jamal Murray without hesitation. Oklahoma G Buddy Hield would be my 2nd choice despite being a little older ... so if we trade Okafor to Pheonix instead, we'de still end up with either Murray or Hield. I wouldn't stop there though ... I'm going strong after Allen Crabbe from Portland. You add one of Murray/Hield as well as Crabbe who can play the 2 or the 3 and your shooting improves significantly. Not to mention Embiid who's an excellent shooting Center with range.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Ingram.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Ingram.

I do too, but we're taking Simmons ... no point in fighting a losing battle. Simmons can work assuming we get outside shooting help.