• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Recipes - BBQ and other

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

My wife can't cook toast. :)

Neither can mine!!!!

Because our toaster is currently plagged in and sitting in Gary Bettman's bathtub. Fingers crossed that he doesn't notice. :whistle:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grilled today, here's my extremely simple recipe for shiskabobos.

Soak a few kabob sticks in water for about a half hour or an hour

Chop up a fresh pineapple, a red onion, red and green bell peppers, three boneless/skinless chicken breasts, and buy a package of mini bellas, and slide those puppies on.

For a sauce, I take about two cups of BBQ (use regular, you can always add honey or other spices if it feels necessary), I use about three quarters a cup of teriyaki, a dash or splash of sour drink mix, and about a cup or a cup and a half of asian style sweet and sour sauce. I mix in crushed red peppers, a few shakes of chili powder, and a squirt of Srirachi sauce.

Grill those puppies, make sure your grill is well oiled. When they are done, brush with sauce and remove quickly so the sauce caramelizes but doesn't burn the sugar.

Then eat them.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grilled today, here's my extremely simple recipe for shiskabobos.

Soak a few kabob sticks in water for about a half hour or an hour

Chop up a fresh pineapple, a red onion, red and green bell peppers, three boneless/skinless chicken breasts, and buy a package of mini bellas, and slide those puppies on.

For a sauce, I take about two cups of BBQ (use regular, you can always add honey or other spices if it feels necessary), I use about three quarters a cup of teriyaki, a dash or splash of sour drink mix, and about a cup or a cup and a half of asian style sweet and sour sauce. I mix in crushed red peppers, a few shakes of chili powder, and a squirt of Srirachi sauce.

Grill those puppies, make sure your grill is well oiled. When they are done, brush with sauce and remove quickly so the sauce caramelizes but doesn't burn the sugar.

Then eat them.

That sounds good, I am glad you included the last line. Otherwise it all might have seemed like a waste of time.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marinade: lots of fresh herbs(thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano) chopped, lots of garlic chopped. Mix it all with olive oil, two splash of red wine vinegar (a splash of red wine too if u want), and lots of black pepper. NO SALT very important. Only add salt when u r about to serve. Marinade rib over night or two nights. Lather some butter on rib before roasting. Start at 450f for 15 min. Reduce temp to 250f. DON'T OPEN OVEN. Roast for 2.5 hrs or when temp reach 120f in centre of meat

Sauce: sauté one sweet onion until it starts to brown. Deglazed with red wine. Add veal stock or any stock u have. Add two sprig of rosemary, 5-8 sprigs of thyme, and some wild mushroom. Simmer for 1 hour or so. To finish sauce, melt some butter on pan and sauté some chopped shallots. Depending on how much stock you have, add a couple of TB of flour. Reduce heat to low and stir and cook the flour until it turns slightly golden. Add stock turn up heat stir. Until thicken. Finishing touch add More butter, salt and pepper to taste.

9sdqi0.jpg
5v243k.jpg