• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Recipes - BBQ and other

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you put anything on them? Cheese, condiments?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one tasty thread...As for wings, I haven't had much luck on the BBQ, but I have some pretty good success in a crock pot, I don't have the recipe handy though.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you put anything on them? Cheese, condiments?

yeah you can I dont use cheese on this one but it would good. you can use whatever condiments you like. or a relish do you have any relish receipes? I dont use them much but will check my inventory for one

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah you can I dont use cheese on this one but it would good. you can use whatever condiments you like. or a relish do you have any relish receipes? I dont use them much but will check my inventory for one

I was just wondering what you used, whether anything complimented it well. I liked them the way I had them. I didn't use cheese, it didn't seem like a good idea on a turkey burger. Not sure why.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just wondering what you used, whether anything complimented it well. I liked them the way I had them. I didn't use cheese, it didn't seem like a good idea on a turkey burger. Not sure why.

actually that is the same reason I dont use cheese. you can add lettuce, tomatoes if you want. I do aioli mayo, ketchup a little mustard and lettuce. thats pretty much it.

I think I may like rosemary a little more than you so try it again please and cut back the rosemary to even 1/4 of what I use. the sage really is nice in it.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually do wings in a deep fryer. If anyone's interested, this is how I do it (I'm so sorry, again, my recipes change every time I make them... there will be no measurements, just vague ideas and generalities)

Thaw out your wings, and let as much of the extra juice drip off of them.

Mix together roughly two parts flour, one part seasoned salt, a dash of black pepper to taste for the "base".. this is a good seasoning mix, I will frequently add cajun seasoning to this, or sometimes other things when the mood strikes me. Roll the wings in the flour mix until they are evenly covered, then drop them in the deep fryer and let them cook. Make sure they don't stick to each other or the sides. When they are done they will begin to look golden brown and float at the top of the oil.

For a sauce I'm a simple man, I usually take a bottle of Franks and mix in a half a stick of butter on the stove, maybe add a little of your favorite hot sauce for an additional kick or flavor. That's like a bare bones, simple recipe... I might have to experiment with grilling some wings and get back to you guys on that.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I usually do wings in a deep fryer. If anyone's interested, this is how I do it (I'm so sorry, again, my recipes change every time I make them... there will be no measurements, just vague ideas and generalities)

Thaw out your wings, and let as much of the extra juice drip off of them.

Mix together roughly two parts flour, one part seasoned salt, a dash of black pepper to taste for the "base".. this is a good seasoning mix, I will frequently add cajun seasoning to this, or sometimes other things when the mood strikes me. Roll the wings in the flour mix until they are evenly covered, then drop them in the deep fryer and let them cook. Make sure they don't stick to each other or the sides. When they are done they will begin to look golden brown and float at the top of the oil.

For a sauce I'm a simple man, I usually take a bottle of Franks and mix in a half a stick of butter on the stove, maybe add a little of your favorite hot sauce for an additional kick or flavor. That's like a bare bones, simple recipe... I might have to experiment with grilling some wings and get back to you guys on that.

My wife just fried some pounded out chicken breasts in a similar fashion tonigt. (there's gotta be a bajilllion jokes in there somewhere.)

We have an indoor turkey fryer that'll hold a 14-15 pound bird.(or a dozen corndogs for those of you scoring at home) One of my favorite posessions. Of all time.

:csb:...I know.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is one tasty thread...As for wings, I haven't had much luck on the BBQ, but I have some pretty good success in a crock pot, I don't have the recipe handy though.

Put Little smokies in a crockpot....and I'm in it like Lawrence Taylor in a bowl of crack-cocaine.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if I've ever had an entire page full of posts to myself? Good thing my avy is so man pretty, it's plastered all over... (Me too!)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually that is the same reason I dont use cheese. you can add lettuce, tomatoes if you want. I do aioli mayo, ketchup a little mustard and lettuce. thats pretty much it.

I think I may like rosemary a little more than you so try it again please and cut back the rosemary to even 1/4 of what I use. the sage really is nice in it.

I'll definitely try it again. If the leftovers are rosemary heavy to me I'll cut back next time.

I have had good luck with pork and beef in a crock pot. I put an upside down bowl on the bottom of the crock pot to keep the meat out of its liquids.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mattola, have you ever tried any of the "exotic meats" at Hills foods

I need a review of the Kangaroo sliders

[YOUTUBE]b0ULpgQCO7E&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

/they were on global weekend morning news just before the grey cup talking about bbq'ing rattlesnake and Lions centre Angus Reid thought it tasted like lobster :noidea:

//I had that segment on my pvr and was gonna watch it last night again but when i checked out my pvr, i saw 26 hours of recorded HD Olympic coverage had overwritten all the stuff i had pvr'ed

my sister in law, who lives part time with us, decided to do that while we were in kelowna ... just awesome ... thanks sis ... i wanted to throw her out!!!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never tried it jstew. never even seen that before. that chicken, duck and turkey hybrid is crazy.

ah in laws.. I have my sister in law at the house right now for the week. she bought her daughter a side table for her bedroom and took 4 hours to build it. I told her I would do it she said she could do it. I had to take it apart and rebuild the whole thing with her trying to tell me how to do it again while I did it..... I drank last night

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedar Plank Salmon (these are actually pictures of my cooking for this)

alright this one is a 9 out of 10

holy crap... this was good

mooger I didnt use your salmon recipe but I will

soak 1 cedar plank overnight with a couple spoons of apple cider vinegar(long enough to fit salmon or adjust salmon to fit plank

2 lbs salmon fillet (with or without skin)

topping for salmon (you use this to put on the salmon when you cook it)
3 table spoons of capers roughly chopped
1 cup fresh parsley chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
1/4 cup fresh thyme chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup fresh chives chopped
2 shallots diced ( I dice them next to a sink with cold water running to prevent eye burn/watering)
2 garlic gloves crushed (put whole cloves crushed with the blade of a knife so you can remove them after if you dont want to eat, I LOVE garlic to I crushed then roughly chopped and ate the bits)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 melted unsalted butter
2 lemons juiced (just hand squeeze as much juice as possible) and the zest of those lemons ( I used 1 LARGE lemon)

mix all those topping ingredients together

remember to soak your plank for more than 8 hours I did 24 hours. then start your BBQ and get to HIGH (500 degrees)

place salmon on plank and cover with topping like so

64gdw5.png

when you place the plank ON the BBQ turn BBQ to medium heat (400 degrees F). cook for 25 to 30 mins I took 30 mins to cook mine as it was thick in the middle

this is your result

jl5g13.png

sauce for salmon

3/4 cup of sour cream
1 table spoon of fresh dill chopped
1 tablespoon of capers

mixed together. your final result is below. I added asparagus (placed in feezer bag and added olive oil and balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper shake together in bag and place and cook on BBQ for 8-10 mins I like mine crisp and not soggy so I test it by pressing the tongs on them to feel their matter. I just did steamed rice as a side

Final Result - fraking excellent.

213j7z8.png

wine is The Show wine Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, Im not a match wine to food guy on most things. I just love my red. white would be better with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
built another small firepit on the farm for cooking only. new tripod hanging grill over it. Pics to come....

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
built another small firepit on the farm for cooking only. new tripod hanging grill over it. Pics to come....

would love to see that in action.