• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: NASA Puts Rover on Mars

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the NASA observation deck for the launch of these rover’s Thanksgiving weekend of 2011.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her team’s handwritten code. She led a team at MIT that wrote the code. She herself did not write 11,000 pages worth of code for Apollo because no single person at NASA would be entrusted to do that all on their own. This is one of those things that get reposted every six months and drives me crazy.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her team’s handwritten code. She led a team at MIT that wrote the code. She herself did not write 11,000 pages worth of code for Apollo because no single person at NASA would be entrusted to do that all on their own. This is one of those things that get reposted every six months and drives me crazy.

Yeah. it's a collaborative effort and various people would be working on different modules of the overall coding solution. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the person who was over seeing the project and her main responsibility was keeping everyone on task and addressing potential show-stoppers. This is not to say that she didn't write any of the code (I'm sure she did), but she had a team of developers assisting her as well.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all make fun of @dash 's age, and that makes sense as he is the only survivor of the Roanoke colony, but does anyone else here see the name Margaret Hamilton and immediately think ‐ "the wicked witch of the west"?

Sometimes I feel a thousand years old :)

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all make fun of @dash 's age, and that makes sense as he is the only survivor of the Roanoke colony, but does anyone else here see the name Margaret Hamilton and immediately think ‐ "the wicked witch of the west"?

Sometimes I feel a thousand years old :)
That's quite a career to have been the project lead on the moon landing missions and have played the wicked witch of the west in The Wizard of Oz.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's quite a career to have been the project lead on the moon landing missions and have played the wicked witch of the west in The Wizard of Oz.
It really is! And I read she wrote all the code herself.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is! And I read she wrote all the code herself.

Since The Wizard of Oz came out (was released, I dont know his personal preferences) in 1939, that is quite a career change for Margaret at what had to be the twilight of her work career

Who says you can't teach an old dog new programming languages?