• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Cross Town Shootout

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont think the fact that Xavier is 1/6th the size of UC, is more selective academically, and over 2x as much creates fewer fans??

The only reason I am a X fan is my parents both went there. They were not stupid enough to have to go to UC. haha.

i went to UD, sister to Miami. Our family laughs at ppl who went to UC

We're all very proud of you and your family.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
YOu asked, moron.

answer my question. Or, are you gonna avoid it and then act like the word Fuck hurts your feelings?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 out of 10 applicants are admitted to Xavier. It's not as elite as you think. More like a good place to waste your money.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a RIVALRY game. You know as well as everyone else that regardless of how bad one team or the other is, there will be plenty of ill-will. goddamn man, get over it.

Funny thing...witnessed by Lyons and Holloways comments after the game, seems to me the only people who couldn't get over it were Xavier players.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kentucky State has a 25% acceptance rate, Michigan has a 60% acceptance rate. What is your point? IU has a 70% acceptance rate.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you and your family laugh at other who go to any university to get an education...That pretty much tells everyone on here all we need to know about you, doesn't it?

Most of us figured it out over at ESPN.

Just like a criminal who calls himself a Christian (or any other religion for that matter) person doesn't mean a damn thing, a person who spends most of his time trolling (or at least did the last 2 years) who says I went to such-and-such school doesn't mean a damn thing either.

LOL @ Bip trying to make fun of anyone else. Irony like I've never seen...

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kentucky State has a 25% acceptance rate, Michigan has a 60% acceptance rate. What is your point? IU has a 70% acceptance rate.

The obvious point was Xavier's low enrollment is a product of people just not giving a damn about the University and not wanting to go there than it is about Xavier's "high" standards.

So much for that education...

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
haha

Where did you go to School? Xavier has kept the same enrollment for 20 years. They are not trying to increase enrollment. haha

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
70% is still 70%. On par with most other schools. They don't weed out the "unqualified" as you suggest any more or less than any other school. Not sure which part of that you didn't understand.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious point was Xavier's low enrollment is a product of people just not giving a damn about the University and not wanting to go there than it is about Xavier's "high" standards.

mother of god :shocked:

:L:L:L

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing...witnessed by Lyons and Holloways comments after the game, seems to me the only people who couldn't get over it were Xavier players.

The two who instigated the whole thing.......get the lesser suspensions......figures.......

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wait. the guys that were talking 'smack' should get more punishment than the ones who physically assaulted people?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait. the guys that were talking 'smack' should get more punishment than the ones who physically assaulted people?

Ever head of the saying "The pen is mightier than the sword"?

Sometimes the impact of things said is greater than the impact of things done.

Gates should have gotten more, though at his presser, he seemed pretty upset. Nice to see that UC made their players respond straight from their hearts...no pre-written crap unlike the XU players who simply read from a card.

Tu should have been suspended for at least 2 games, if for nothing else, for the way he conducted himself afterwards. Completely shameful.

He's a real gansta, huh?

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two who instigated the whole thing.......get the lesser suspensions......figures.......

was it not 'instigated' by the retards who were trying to say Tu or whoever 'wouldn't even start for UC' ??

UC got run, couldn't back up the shit they talked pregame, and then got reminded of it when they were getting their shit handed to them. Then some idiot goes all pussy and sucker punches another player......and its X's fault still. LOL.

If this whole situation was reversed, the UC fans would be calling for the disbandment of X's program. UC was embarrassed. It's no one else's fault.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it not 'instigated' by the retards who were trying to say Tu or whoever 'wouldn't even start for UC' ??

UC got run, couldn't back up the shit they talked pregame, and then got reminded of it when they were getting their shit handed to them. Then some idiot goes all pussy and sucker punches another player......and its X's fault still. LOL.

If this whole situation was reversed, the UC fans would be calling for the disbandment of X's program. UC was embarrassed. It's no one else's fault.

It didn't start there. That quote used wasn't the entire quote. Come on. Do you even know who Andy Furman is? What he does? If you did, you wouldn't even use Kilpatricks' statement as "who started" anything. Please. Even before the game Tu responded to the quotes as "We're friends. I know him better than any of the guys on that team (refering to Kilpatrick). Tu used that as a cop-out when he lost control of his emotions. Simple as that.

Gates should have gotten more than 6 games. I agree. I think most people agree. However, for the way that XU fans, players, and alike seem to "look down" on UC for their "thuggish" behavior in the past, would it not seem ironic that Tu comes out and calls himself and his teammates "gangsta's"? Jumping on a table and cursing at UC fans in the crowd after the game. Cursing at the UC bench in the wanning moments?

Both teams are at fault. Let's not lose sight of this fact. Both teams handled it poorly. XU apparently, so enthralled with beating "big brother" forgot how to win with class. Surprising enough, UC for all the losses they've been through in the past decade with the shootout, doesn't know how to lose with class.

Both teams lose. And neither is more right than the other. They were both wrong, and that's pretty much that.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You conveniently forgot to mention the part in between that where the Xavier player shoved Kilpatrick when him and Tu were face to face. You know, the thing that started the whole mess.

Good for you. Now, GTFO!

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You conveniently forgot to mention the part in between where the Xavier player shoved Kilpatrick when him and Tu were face to face. You know, the part that started the whole mess.

Good for you. Now, GTFO!

Watch the video. You can clearly see the UC player putting his hands up on the X players face right before he gets shoved. Or are you that delusional that you aren't going to believe the video evidence either?

I find it to be quite clear and I don't have a dog in this fight

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really? So you mean the sensible thing was for a 3rd party to come in and shove Kilpatrick instead of breaking up their pissing match like any other normal person would have done? If that were the case, then any intentional foul or what not would turn into a brawl. But they don't. Without the shove, players/refs/coaches intervene and it's over right there.

So again, please, GTFO!

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flaming, where did you go to COllege?

haha. Lemme guess...a UC fan who never went to college. You + Kramer. hahahaha