• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than that.....sorry guys....I was with a buddy at a Sports Bar down on Beltline.

HOW BOUT THEM VOLS?!

They look to be pretty stout in the next couple seasons with all those freshmen and sophomores playing and, as of now, a top 5 recruiting class coming in, should be really scary, glad A&M doesn't play them next year and has them at home in 2016

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look to be pretty stout in the next couple seasons with all those freshmen and sophomores playing and, as of now, a top 5 recruiting class coming in, should be really scary, glad A&M doesn't play them next year and has them at home in 2016

They got two five star DT committed, and a 4 star DE committed at the Armour-All game too.

If we can get our O-line even up to average, we should compete for the east in the SEC next season. This season - until the bowl game anyway - they were awful.

A&M's QB situation for next year is worth watching too. Don't ya think?

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got two five star DT committed, and a 4 star DE committed at the Armour-All game too.

If we can get our O-line even up to average, we should compete for the east in the SEC next season. This season - until the bowl game anyway - they were awful.

A&M's QB situation for next year is worth watching too. Don't ya think?

I think they'll have a full on competition in the offseason, someone will end up transferring though

Murray is intriguing bc of his ability but troubling bc of his height, Allen essentially has the opposite problem, pocket passer but lacks escapability, not to mention the OL looks to be its weakest in years next season

Hill is probably the odd man out bc he has just a lousy attitude and personality, so I don't see him making the necessary adjustments to his game

Allen just has a lack of elite skills, but I'm willing to give him a full offseason to make adjustments,

He looked solid in the bowl game, but still lots of growing pains

Murray has the potential to be elite from the get go, but that high school to college transition is tough

Honestly I'm more concerned about what Chavis can do with the very talented players we have on D that haven't reached potential yet

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly like what I've seen of Allen. He seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders; unlike Hill. And I agree 100% of Murray. Sometimes those "can't miss guys" miss. Go ask the Gators about Driskell.

I like Chavis and the players always seem to play hard for him, have his back, etc. But honestly, my take on him when he was with the Vols is this.......when he had the good/terrific players, he was a great coach. When we had good to average players, he was just average.

But Chavis will have everyone on the same page anyway, and it's gotta be a good step up for you guys. Plus, it hurt LSU in the process too. Nothing wrong with that either.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly like what I've seen of Allen. He seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders; unlike Hill. And I agree 100% of Murray. Sometimes those "can't miss guys" miss. Go ask the Gators about Driskell.

I like Chavis and the players always seem to play hard for him, have his back, etc. But honestly, my take on him when he was with the Vols is this.......when he had the good/terrific players, he was a great coach. When we had good to average players, he was just average.

But Chavis will have everyone on the same page anyway, and it's gotta be a good step up for you guys. Plus, it hurt LSU in the process too. Nothing wrong with that either.

There is lots of talent on that defense it just needs to be utilized properly

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is gonna give a big damn but me about this and I certainly understand why.

The SEC went 6-6 against the line, thus saving me from buying a steak dinner for my Longhorn buddy for the 4th straight year.

Going into the last two games they were 4-6 and had to depend on two SEC East schools - TENNESSEE and Florida - to cover, and they did.

Incidentally, the much maligned SEC East went 5-0.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is lots of talent on that defense it just needs to be utilized properly

I hope you're 100% correct.

Honestly root for y'all under most circumstances.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tremendous week of CFB. I'm gonna go ahead and put myself in debt to buy tickets to the game on the 12th. Figure I won't get too many chances to see my team play for the NCG. :suds:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tremendous week of CFB. I'm gonna go ahead and put myself in debt to buy tickets to the game on the 12th. Figure I won't get too many chances to see my team play for the NCG. :suds:

Congratulations and I think - without knowing your financial situation - it's a wise decision.

No matter how good you may think you're going to be next year, year after, or as long as Meyer is there. Getting to the final game is damn hard each and every season.

The future is speculation. You're there now, and that's fact.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if I really have a favorite in this game but your OSU team has really overcome some adversity to make it to the championship game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance:

More changes coming. Stay tuned.

Yeah I know this isn't the one you're still hoping for.

I appreciate your passion and commitment to OU. Honest.

We'll have plenty of time - God willing and the creeks don't rise - to give each other lots of grief going into the Volunteer/Sooner game in Knoxville in 2015.

But for this past season. Gotta admit after watching OU early, I sure thought they had the potential to be in the final four for 2014. Know you did too.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll have plenty of time - God willing and the creeks don't rise - to give each other lots of grief going into the Volunteer/Sooner game in Knoxville in 2015.

But for this past season. Gotta admit after watching OU early, I sure thought they had the potential to be in the final four for 2014. Know you did too.

Based on the current trends of these two teams the Vols may take this one in Knoxville. But looks like much may happen with OU and those changes may affect them in a positive way. At least one would think it would have to.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have sworn a few years ago Jay Norvell was a serious candidate for a HC gig and interviewed for some. Norvell and the other person that's now coaching at Indiana whose name is not appearing in my brain.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the current trends of these two teams the Vols may take this one in Knoxville. But looks like much may happen with OU and those changes may affect them in a positive way. At least one would think it would have to.

If the game - 2015 one - was tomorrow, with all the terrific recruits the Vols have in place there - I'd say TN wins. But it isn't tomorrow and we still have to play the game, as the old saying goes. But I'm thrilled how Tennessee closed the season, the recruiting hot steak we're on is still going, and the progress from Hurd/Dobbs, etc.

However, I know from watching that monster, freshman RB for OU against us this year, he's absolutely no fun. Stop him before he gets started or else look at his elbows in the distance.

OU is going to be fine. Stoops is no dummy. He's gonna make some changes in staff, rededicate himself, and the program will again be strong; sooner than later IMO.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm ok with keeping Heupel as a QB and WR coach. I just don't want him calling the plays.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations and I think - without knowing your financial situation - it's a wise decision.

No matter how good you may think you're going to be next year, year after, or as long as Meyer is there. Getting to the final game is damn hard each and every season.

The future is speculation. You're there now, and that's fact.

That's my reasoning. Might not ever get back to a title game and if they do, what are the chances that its hosted right in my own back yard? Figured I better jump on the opportunity.

Not sure if I really have a favorite in this game but your OSU team has really overcome some adversity to make it to the championship game.

Its been a very surprising year all around for those guys. Between losing 2 QBs and losing their teammate to that awful suicide, they've really grown close and play as a total team. All the adversity has really galvanized that group. 1 more game, hope they get it done!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with keeping Heupel as a QB and WR coach. I just don't want him calling the plays.

Ahhhh.....don't think I had understood this before today.

From what you know of him, Stoops and the situation, would he be amenable to taking a step back/over? And if so, is there someone on staff who fits the bill?