• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Opinion on Matt Nagy. Super Bowl question

Can Nagy outsmart a Super Bowl opponent?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I am retarded. Potato salad,

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the bears make the super bowl, do you think Nagy can outsmart the opponent?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure.

What I do know is how our Bears react to today’s disaster of a game will show us a lot about him and it makes for an interesting next few weeks. Will the wheels fall off with adversity or will we rise back up better?

The one blessing from this game is we will get a better idea of how good our coach is in its aftermath.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we take the cup-half-full approach, we can say we started off last season with the exact same record, then went on to go 12-3. OTOH, with the cup-half-empty approach, we can say our season is already over and I want to die by throwing myself off a 30 story building.

I'm weighing my options as I type.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we take the cup-half-full approach, we can say we started off last season with the exact same record, then went on to go 12-3. OTOH, with the cup-half-empty approach, we can say our season is already over and I want to die by throwing myself off a 30 story building.

I'm weighing my options as I type.

There’s only one cup. Denver. We better fill it or statistically our odds will be rough.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s only one cup. Denver. We better fill it or statistically our odds will be rough.

Honestly, I thought Denver was a loss before the GB game happened. Denver hasn't lost at home in September since 2013. Vic has a talented D featuring Chubb and Von Miller that we all know he'll have in shape. We also all know he has intimate knowledge of how to get after Nagy's offense and Trubisky.

This is my least favorite game on the schedule. I hate it more than having to play New Orleans or KC. I think it's that difficult. If we were at home, I would feel a tad differently. However, being at elevation at Mile High is the icing on the cake.

We better pray that the offense can control TOP better and establish a ground game. Because this D will be sucking wind a mile above sea level if they're on the field all game again.

I honestly think we lose this game, but then rebound vs Washington, home vs MIN and Oakland in London. 3-2 into the bye.

If we win this very difficult matchup. Suddenly, the GB game is totally in the rear view for me. I would be immensely impressed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the OP...

Based off of his entire sample-size? Yes.

Based off of a one game sample-size from this season? No.

Larger sample-sizes are more trustworthy. However, we will see if that sample-size remains in his favor.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Because he's proven he can in the past.

What we need is consistency and he's still a young coach so that can come in time.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what bothered me most about his press conference was he said 'we passed a lot more than we ran and i don't know how that happened'.
this is not something i want to hear from a head coach.

my answer to the poll is ..... can he? yes
but WILL he? who knows?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say no. Nagy needs to hand the play calling over.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I thought Denver was a loss before the GB game happened. Denver hasn't lost at home in September since 2013. Vic has a talented D featuring Chubb and Von Miller that we all know he'll have in shape. We also all know he has intimate knowledge of how to get after Nagy's offense and Trubisky.

This is my least favorite game on the schedule. I hate it more than having to play New Orleans or KC. I think it's that difficult. If we were at home, I would feel a tad differently. However, being at elevation at Mile High is the icing on the cake.

We better pray that the offense can control TOP better and establish a ground game. Because this D will be sucking wind a mile above sea level if they're on the field all game again.

I honestly think we lose this game, but then rebound vs Washington, home vs MIN and Oakland in London. 3-2 into the bye.

If we win this very difficult matchup. Suddenly, the GB game is totally in the rear view for me. I would be immensely impressed.

Well, I guess that's one way of looking at it.

Here's how I see it: A lock down 100% guaranteed Super Bowl contender would see a win over the prior season 6-10 Denver Broncos on the road as just another week/step to the big game. If Brady and Co played that team on Mt. f*cking Everest or wherever the f*ck in whatever month, it would be expected by the fans and organization to win. Denver's not horrible, but there's a reason they had one of the lowest odds for winning the Super Bowl this year.

Expectations are high. Whether unfair or not. There's no stat on the planet that you can show me that says "Yep, expectations are that the Broncos should derail a Super Bowl contending team." If that "Super Bowl contending team" moniker includes us, then yeah, Denver should be a win. An EXPECTED win. We should EXPECT and most certainly not be surprised if we win the game. And should be disappointed if we lose.

If you can't expect a win vs Denver next week, then no f*cking way you can throw us 3 wins in a row with the Vikings as part the 3 games. If we play anywhere near the level of offense we played Thursday vs. that team, we're going to get shut out. The Packers' D is not nearly as good as the Vikings'.

In the meantime, we're going to have sole possession of last place in the division losing our H2H and having both the Vikings and Lions win their games (Well, Lions pending but they're playing the Cardinals and are up 3 scores). So we have a nice little hill to climb from here.

Time to make the donuts gentlemen. Mile high f*cking donuts.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess that's one way of looking at it.

Here's how I see it: A lock down 100% guaranteed Super Bowl contender would see a win over the prior season 6-10 Denver Broncos on the road as just another week/step to the big game. If Brady and Co played that team on Mt. f*cking Everest or wherever the f*ck in whatever month, it would be expected by the fans and organization to win. Denver's not horrible, but there's a reason they had one of the lowest odds for winning the Super Bowl this year.

Expectations are high. Whether unfair or not. There's no stat on the planet that you can show me that says "Yep, expectations are that the Broncos should derail a Super Bowl contending team." If that "Super Bowl contending team" moniker includes us, then yeah, Denver should be a win. An EXPECTED win. We should EXPECT and most certainly not be surprised if we win the game. And should be disappointed if we lose.

If you can't expect a win vs Denver next week, then no f*cking way you can throw us 3 wins in a row with the Vikings as part the 3 games. If we play anywhere near the level of offense we played Thursday vs. that team, we're going to get shut out. The Packers' D is not nearly as good as the Vikings'.

In the meantime, we're going to have sole possession of last place in the division losing our H2H and having both the Vikings and Lions win their games (Well, Lions pending but they're playing the Cardinals and are up 3 scores). So we have a nice little hill to climb from here.

Time to make the donuts gentlemen. Mile high f*cking donuts.

Nobody has won in Denver in September since 2013. So, the point stands strongly. This game is possibly the toughest on the schedule, IMO. Not only that, they're projected by many as a playoff team this year. Their D should be elite and their offense should be very improved.

Last year, they had a top D and were handcuffed by a horrendous offense. That offense should be serviceable this year. Every year teams struggle there. Last year Seattle lost in September there.

It seems like people have these perceptions of "SB teams!". That they don't do this... don't do that. But every year the Pats have a total EGG or two of a game. So do all of these great teams.

If you can't expect a win vs Denver next week, then no f*cking way you can throw us 3 wins in a row with the Vikings as part the 3 games

The Vikings can't even win here when we're a 3-13 team (2016). They've beat us twice in Soldier Field since 2000. That game is MUCH easier than at Denver.

If Brady and Co played that team on Mt. f*cking Everest or wherever the f*ck in whatever month, it would be expected by the fans and organization to win.

Yeah, they're always so good in September *COUGH* *COUGH* They never get HAMMERED in Detroit in September *COUGH* *COUGH*

The Packers' D is not nearly as good as the Vikings'.

We have zero clue if that's true. So far, the defensive personnel and staff they acquired is 1 for 1 with a giant ACE of a performance.

In the meantime, we're going to have sole possession of last place in the division losing our H2H and having both the Vikings and Lions win their games (Well, Lions pending but they're playing the Cardinals and are up 3 scores).

Detroit losing in OT

Standings after one game are a moot point. I don't think I have to explain how and why they rarely wind-up being the standings at the end of the year.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has won in Denver in September since 2013. So, the point stands strongly. This game is possibly the toughest on the schedule, IMO. Not only that, they're projected by many as a playoff team this year. Their D should be elite and their offense should be very improved.

Last year, they had a top D and were handcuffed by a horrendous offense. That offense should be serviceable this year. Every year teams struggle there. Last year Seattle lost in September there.

It seems like people have these perceptions of "SB teams!". That they don't do this... don't do that. But every year the Pats have a total EGG or two of a game. So do all of these great teams.

If you can't expect a win vs Denver next week, then no f*cking way you can throw us 3 wins in a row with the Vikings as part the 3 games

The Vikings can't even win here when we're a 3-13 team (2016). They've beat us twice in Soldier Field since 2000. That game is MUCH easier than at Denver.

If Brady and Co played that team on Mt. f*cking Everest or wherever the f*ck in whatever month, it would be expected by the fans and organization to win.

Yeah, they're always so good in September *COUGH* *COUGH* They never get HAMMERED in Detroit in September *COUGH* *COUGH*

The Packers' D is not nearly as good as the Vikings'.

We have zero clue if that's true. So far, the defensive personnel and staff they acquired is 1 for 1 with a giant ACE of a performance.

In the meantime, we're going to have sole possession of last place in the division losing our H2H and having both the Vikings and Lions win their games (Well, Lions pending but they're playing the Cardinals and are up 3 scores).

Detroit losing in OT

Standings after one game are a moot point. I don't think I have to explain how and why they rarely wind-up being the standings at the end of the year.

You're killing me with this point by point sh*t.

Dude...If you think Denver is the nuts that's fine.

But as far as I'm concerned Denver is not even on the top half of the list of teams we face this season...All of these teams I consider better than Denver:

Green Bay
Minnesota
New Orleans
Philadelphia
LA Rams
Dallas
Kansas City

Not sure about LA Chargers, because that team is Frankenstein's monster...but I'll give you benefit of the doubt that they're worse along with Detroit, NY Giants, Oakland and Washington.

Either way, 9 games or more than half our schedule is full of teams expected to outperform the Broncos, who if the Frankenstein Chargers are good again aren't going to come close to sniffing the last WC spot in the AFC....and they certainly aren't even winning their own division with KC at the top.

When Big Dick Pineiro knocks in a 65 yarder I want you to think of me btw. Hopefully that's not our only points.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked for posterity’s sake, line on Bears/Broncos is den -1

Home team not giving 3 tells me all I need to know about expectations.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at Denver’s schedule last year and they lost at home on October 1...and their home record was 3-5.

tenor.gif

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver not having lost in Sept since whenever is called a coincidence not some major advantage they have in September. Geezus you're just dumb. Long winded nonsense spouting baffoon.

It's like saying the Bears have never lost on the 3rd weekend of Oct since 1942. They are unbeatable in the 3rd week of October. lol.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver not having lost in Sept since whenever is called a coincidence not some major advantage they have in September. Geezus you're just dumb. Long winded nonsense spouting baffoon.

It's like saying the Bears have never lost on the 3rd weekend of Oct since 1942. They are unbeatable in the 3rd week of October. lol.

Denver plays late tonight...basically kaboshing their week for rest/prp...so they're probably looking at 3 daysish of prep for us. We'll have a week and a half to prepare for them. The more I think about it, if we lose, it will be a f*cking disaster. And if our offense is as bad as it was this past Thursday against a team on short rest with that much additional preparation, it won't be over, but a serious alarm will be going off on our team.

Let's just clownstomp these f*ckers and bring back the good juju we had before the opener.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have much hope for the offense. Some of the blame goes to Nagy, some to Trubisky for last week, but the final product was garbage. We have to run the ball more with Montgomery next week. Running against Green Bay would’ve solved many problems we had on offense. We will see if they can grow. I was saying the same thing last year and expected more from game 1. It seems to me like all the tape on our offense could be more of a detriment to its success than the players running the plays familiarity with it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends. Did Freddie Kitchens really get the Browns to the Super Bowl?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're killing me with this point by point sh*t.

Dude...If you think Denver is the nuts that's fine.

But as far as I'm concerned Denver is not even on the top half of the list of teams we face this season...All of these teams I consider better than Denver:

Green Bay
Minnesota
New Orleans
Philadelphia
LA Rams
Dallas
Kansas City

Not sure about LA Chargers, because that team is Frankenstein's monster...but I'll give you benefit of the doubt that they're worse along with Detroit, NY Giants, Oakland and Washington.

Either way, 9 games or more than half our schedule is full of teams expected to outperform the Broncos, who if the Frankenstein Chargers are good again aren't going to come close to sniffing the last WC spot in the AFC....and they certainly aren't even winning their own division with KC at the top.

When Big Dick Pineiro knocks in a 65 yarder I want you to think of me btw. Hopefully that's not our only points.

I guess we just have different opinions on Denver. They looked lost a bit tonight, but they're also 60 minutes into an entirely new regime.

Regardless, that team has been brutal the last two years and guess what? They still never lost at Mile High in September. It's a tough game even when they suck.

The one thing I like about our schedule is that outside of PHI and LAR? All of our tough games are at home. Huge difference between going to Arrowhead, Superdome, to Dallas or out west to play LAC versus them coming here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver plays late tonight...basically kaboshing their week for rest/prp...so they're probably looking at 3 daysish of prep for us. We'll have a week and a half to prepare for them. The more I think about it, if we lose, it will be a f*cking disaster. And if our offense is as bad as it was this past Thursday against a team on short rest with that much additional preparation, it won't be over, but a serious alarm will be going off on our team.

Let's just clownstomp these f*ckers and bring back the good juju we had before the opener.

Losing to Washington would be "over". Losing to Denver would be an appropriate time for the reaction we saw from fans this past week.