• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opening Night

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Coyle signed to 5-year, $16 million extension | Russo's Rants | StarTribune.com

10 days after extending defenseman Jonas Brodin (21 y/o) to comfortable extension (6 years, $25MM), the Wild have extended Charlie Coyle (22) for 5 years and $16MM. Both contracts begin NEXT season.

It's good to see these contracts lock up some of the youngsters, while giving them the flexibility to work with some of the others in a "let's see who develops," as they head into their mid and late 20s.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Coyle rewards the Wild with a goal, Brodin with an assist, and Kuemper with his 3rd shutout in 4 games!

Going to the game Saturday night! Looking forward to it!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Coyle rewards the Wild with a goal, Brodin with an assist, and Kuemper with his 3rd shutout in 4 games!

Going to the game Saturday night! Looking forward to it!

Well you got to go to a real shitty game.

Man if this team can figure out the damn PP(0-20 :L) and consistently burry scoring chances( a good middle ground of Kings/Rangers game) they are going to be TOUGH.

Still loving the depth, loving Keumper. Just gotta get the special teams going, Zucker even got a short handed goal.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you got to go to a real shitty game.

Man if this team can figure out the damn PP(0-20 :L) and consistently burry scoring chances( a good middle ground of Kings/Rangers game) they are going to be TOUGH.

Still loving the depth, loving Keumper. Just gotta get the special teams going, Zucker even got a short handed goal.

It was a great game to be at. The first period happened soooo fast! They struggled a bit on PP last year as well, but without looking at numbers, I believe or PK has been really good so far. Kuemper has been excellent, as have the defenders. Do a great job of blocking shots and interrupting the passing lanes.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great game to be at. The first period happened soooo fast! They struggled a bit on PP last year as well, but without looking at numbers, I believe or PK has been really good so far. Kuemper has been excellent, as have the defenders. Do a great job of blocking shots and interrupting the passing lanes.

Yeah the PP has never been a real strength and it's been awful the last two playoffs I thought the added depth would help it because we got guys who burry loose pucks(Parise, Pommer, Vanek, Coyle) and creators(Koivu, Granny) along with some great shots from the point with Spurg, Suter and Dumba. So hopefully it will come.

Right now were just fanning on too many pucks(PP or not) especially Pommer and Nino. But these are small issues that will get better, the bright side is that we are controlling hockey games and not living in our own end. That is a sign of a good team.

And you are dead on with the PK. It was near bottom last year I believe and has been great this year. I think a speedy guy like Zucker has been a huge addition.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:galah:

Blow 2-0, 3-1, and 4-2 leads losing 5-4. :wtf:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was actually 3-0.

14 minutes of PP and still no goals two 5 min majors.

Yeo is gonna hold this team back. Awful coaching allowed the Rangers to keep momentum.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was actually 3-0.

14 minutes of PP and still no goals two 5 min majors.

Yeo is gonna hold this team back. Awful coaching allowed the Rangers to keep momentum.

You really think Yeo is a bad coach? Couple of those goals were flukes, and Kuemper was lazy/careless with the rebounds.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Yeo is a bad coach? Couple of those goals were flukes, and Kuemper was lazy/careless with the rebounds.

Yeah I don't like Yeo at all. Something isn't working and he immediately changes lines and PPs. Rather than Practicing and letting them get some rythmn going. He's always done this.

If Folin and Dumba made the team it was stated they would play. That last two games and both were shutouts. Now he is rotating scrubs Ballard and Prosser(yes he actually scored in).

He is the only coach I know who waits til the last possible second to pull the goalie...the objective is to tie the game.

When you're up 3 like that and the Rangers are finally generating great chances(more than doubled their shots) you pull back and tell the team to play safe and good D. He didn't.

That said, we were on the other end tonight, great comeback. Dominated another game in the shots department so still a lot to love.

But for the love of god Mike...practice some PP for a change, don't just switch the units and call it practice.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Prosser but Ballard can def hit the bricks. Dumba has played well when he's played so he should start seeing more playing time. I think Yeo has done well since becoming the coach but yes he def needs to find some way to fix the PP. And for crying out loud I don't care if you're up by three goals you don't take the foot off the gas. Stomp on their throat and put the game away!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Prosser but Ballard can def hit the bricks. Dumba has played well when he's played so he should start seeing more playing time. I think Yeo has done well since becoming the coach but yes he def needs to find some way to fix the PP. And for crying out loud I don't care if you're up by three goals you don't take the foot off the gas. Stomp on their throat and put the game away!

Normally I agree 100% about not taking your foot off the gas, but you have to do it right. Up by 2 goals or forsure 1 goal, you never play it safe. That was the issue with the Wild a few years ago when they didn't have offensive weapons, they would play to conservative.

The problem with Monday's was they didn't slow it down enough. Kept going full bore and it caused us to get caught too many times and lead them to odd man rushes and scoring chances to take clear shots and have a guy around for the rebound. Up 3, you don't have to sit on the lead, but you gotta be smarter.

Overall though, man do I love the way we are taking it to teams for the most part. We are piling on shots and offensive pressure every game..outside of last years playoffs(which may have been the turning point for the org) we havn't seen that from a Wild team. Start finishing on the road/play smarter and man were going to be tough. And that's without the PP even working.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for certain, there is no give up or let up with this team. 2nd come from behind in a row!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats guys, hard earned win tonight :suds:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game tonight. It was awesome. Obviously since I like the Sharks as well it was great to see both teams get a pt. Another game where the Wild dominated shots. Sloppy turnovers held us back for a while though.

Sharks had size, speed and crisp passing at that's how they hung in a game the Wild ultimately dominated. Being at the game live you notice how small the Wild are lol.

Still don't like the constant line switching by Yeo but the injury bug is hitting us hard now and some of it has been forced.

Koivu/Coyle/Zucker player fantastic tonight holy hell were they good.

Love seeing vanek get going with some beautiful passes to....BRODZIAK!!! That right there is the key to this team, so many guys can step up.

I've been saying all year as much as Brodziak pissed me off last year, hes still an asset as a 4th line center. He killed it in the circle tonight. I like him more than carter, so when we get healthy hopefully Kyle gets more opportunity.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great win last night. Being only a couple hours from San Jose there are Sharks fans all over Reno and it's always fun rubbing it in when we beat them lol

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-0 at home now!!

Finally a couple PP goals!! Vanek on the board!!! As well as Granny and Dumba!!

Controlled another game completely. Through 10 games this team looks real scary. Keep building off that PP and find a way to close out more games on the road because all the peripherals pt to this team being the top dog right now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens & Wild on a collision course Tuesday night, can't wait for that one.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens & Wild on a collision course Tuesday night, can't wait for that one.

Two of the highest scoring teams in NHL

and the two best in goal differential. Hopefully one team doesn't bust out lol