• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still gotta play them but the Preds only face playoff teams 8 times in their final 21.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still gotta play them but the Preds only face playoff teams 8 times in their final 21.

They're a lock in my opinion. In fact, I don't think there's going to be much drama in the West, the Flames have two games left against the Kings, but minus Tanev and Hanifin, I don't see them staying in this race for long.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully disagree. Team has been playing like dogshit for over a month, especially at home. Regularly don’t show up for the start and have a WGAF attitude. I think he mentions it in the clip, but their shit attitude is in practice also. Brunette has been increasingly frustrated with them, and they aren’t getting it. Reminds me of the Muskoka 5 days in Toronto.

That 9-2 asskicking by the Dallas Stars was the same day the team sent out renewals to STH. Terrible timing and you just know the front office got several earfuls the next day. sure every team shits the bed at some point, but this game was far from an isolated occurrence. Again, especially at home.

They got rid of Duchene and Johansen largely for the same reason. Trotz was quoted at the time “Nashville is not going to be a place players go to retire.” It appears the team has not got rid of all the problems yet. The big issue they need to address in the offseason will be Josi and the captaincy. Great skills but zero on the intensity meter. The complaints about Tavares apply here as well. They need a new C (O Reilly cough cough) but will be tricky to handle. Will not surprise me if a messy divorce happens, perhaps as soon as this summer.

Wow. What a difference 10 days makes. I would love to take all the credit for turning them around with my online posts, but I will use some humility :D

Cancelling the team outing in Vegas was a risk. But Trotz and Brunette took it and it the team responded the right way.

What has happened? Really 3 things. First, depth scoring. Over the last 7 games, 16 different players have scored. The first half of the year, the Forsberg/OReilly/Nyqvist line was carrying them. Now all 4 lines are contributing offensively and defensively. Second, Saros has snapped out of his funk. I dont think its pressure from the kid Askarov, Juuse seems to start each year slow and gets better and better. He is lights out now, with a SV% over .920 during the streak. Finally, THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Captain (which always makes me laugh when the PA announcer does it) Josi has returned to his Norris self. He seems to finally be comfortable with his role in the Brunette system, which really through him off the first half of the year. Since American Thanksgiving, he is either 1st or 2nd in every offensive category among Dmen. And his defensive play is as good as I have ever seen it. He will, on occasion, even throw a body check.

It's a long season and there will be ebbs and flows. I mentioned in another post that only 8 of their remaining 21 games are against teams that seem playoff bound. Something like the 2nd easiest schedule the rest of the way. If they have finally "got" Brunette's system and stay focused, I am cautiously optimistic about playoff chances. If they get in, they will be a tough out. They can play a tough game (they lead the league in hits) but not in a dirty or fighting sense. They wont back down from anyone, heck even McCarron has 11 goals already this year (another feelgood story given his past issues). Goaltending seems settled, and although they dont have many real natural talents, they do most their scoring with hard work. Cup contender? Nah. But they will be competitive.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
udpl1b37itlc1.jpeg

From Minny's practice today. Nothing like the GM standing on the bench on the phone during practice a week from trade deadline day to keep players focused.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
From Minny's practice today. Nothing like the GM standing on the bench on the phone during practice a week from trade deadline day to keep players focused.
It's a bit of a balancing act, because if they try too hard in practice, Guerin has a history of smashing players over the the head with a hockey stick

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bit of a balancing act, because if they try too hard in practice, Guerin has a history of smashing players over the the head with a hockey stick
I would have fired a puck his way and yelled trade me right fucking now. And then hung up.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Wild front office staff are also getting a break from the verbal abuse.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils are softer than baby shit. No wonder they traded for MacDermid.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils are softer than baby shit. No wonder they traded for MacDermid.

It might be too late for Marky to turn around the fortunes of the Devils this season (although they're not that far behind the Flyers who aren't exactly on fire), but maybe they're playing the long game and willing to take on a guy who still has two years remaining on his contract.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

He's due 7.8 million next season - Caps will have to toss in some Benning type sweeteners for anyone to take on that contract.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

He's due 7.8 million next season - Caps will have to toss in some Benning type sweeteners for anyone to take on that contract.
I’m thinking he will go unclaimed, he refuses to go to the AHL, and goes back to the motherland to play in the KHL.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, maybe I am just a dick, but the amount of people upset that Washington waived him after coming out of the player assistance program is mind-boggling to me.

Yes, he probably has a cocaine problem but as his employer they’ve offered him help and want to move on from him now rather than later.