• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One wide quick turn, A Curb, 3 Broken Ribs...What I've learned.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took my V-Rod out for ride, fucked up and ate the handle bars on Sunday. Bike came out fine, but my ribs did not. Like a dumbass I rode 60 more miles thinking shit was tolerable.

Lessons Thus Far:

1. Doctors can't do shit for you.

2. Laying down and sitting up really sucks.

3. Laughing makes you want to cry.

4. Coughing hurts like hell, but if you don't you'll get pneumonia. (Hugging a pillow while you do it helps, even if does look a bit weird.) That's also why you shouldn't wrap ribs up, like you see in movies. - Short shallow breaths lead to lung infections.

5. Hiccups ain't no joke.

6. Don't pick anything up. It hurts like a bitch to lift a coffee cup with my right hand. (Injury was on my right side.)

7. Not doing a damn thing voluntarily is awesome, not doing anything involuntarily is torture.

8. I'm too old for this shit. - But, then again, I'm hoping to be back riding in two weeks. (Full recovery is typically suppose to take 3 to 8 weeks, but fuck that.)

:gaah: Burped.

Anyone else been through this?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with the rib wrap anyway. Just made for less pain while moving around.
The first week was bad then you can tolerate it. I went 6 weeks and was fine.
Try to avoid the harsh bud.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was incredibly gay. I turned a corner on a side street, had to swing wide to avoid a car, front tire caught on the curb, landed chest first on the handle bars. - That pisses me off too, I at least wish I had a cool story from this shit, I don't. The only interesting thing was an old man standing in his yard that looked horrified. - Not due to the accident, but because of the f-bombs that followed. Fucking asshole.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with the rib wrap anyway. Just made for less pain while moving around.
The first week was bad then you can tolerate it. I went 6 weeks and was fine.
Try to avoid the harsh bud.

Screw it. I might try it.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it. I might try it.

Better do that sitting with that big pillow on your lap.
You will need it, and it won't be fun.
A coughing jag is the last thing you want for a couple weeks.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took my V-Rod out for ride, fucked up and ate the handle bars on Sunday. Bike came out fine, but my ribs did not. Like a dumbass I rode 60 more miles thinking shit was tolerable.

Lessons Thus Far:

4. Coughing hurts like hell, but if you don't you'll get pneumonia. (Hugging a pillow while you do it helps, even if does look a bit weird.) That's also why you shouldn't wrap ribs up, like you see in movies. - Short shallow breaths lead to lung infections.

6. Don't pick anything up. It hurts like a bitch to lift a coffee cup with my right hand. (Injury was on my right side.)

7. Not doing a damn thing voluntarily is awesome, not doing anything involuntarily is torture.

8. I'm too old for this shit. - But, then again, I'm hoping to be back riding in two weeks. (Full recovery is typically suppose to take 3 to 8 weeks, but fuck that.)

Jeez, man. Rib injuries suck bawls and take forever to heal it seems. I got hit in the ribs so hard with a baseball several years ago that I was pretty sure I was going to die before I caught my breath again. Never went to the hospital so I don't know exactly what kind of damage was done but that shit hurt for what seemed like months. Hope your recovery is as quick as possible.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago while playing HS football I broke three ribs on my right side, and two on the left. I was a fullback and was given the ball on a dive, the MLB drove his helmet into my ribs and then on into the ground, man that hurt like a sum bitch.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broke 8 ribs in a car crash several years ago. I literally feel your pain. 4-6 weeks of hell and then one day it feels better.

My mantra was "take two pills every four hours". Words to live by.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a firm, wedge-shaped pillow that I slept on. That sucked too. I always sleep on my sides or stomach and trying to sleep on my back was uncomfortable. The pills and weed helped appeal to the Sandman at least...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are so many Bama fans having motor vehicle accidents lately?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a spill on the road on my Cannondale at about 24 mph and it was bad...I can't imagine laying a motorcycle down on the road.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lessons Thus Far:

How are the ribs today?