• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oliver Luck expected to be named Texas AD

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MarkOU,

Luck was always on the list, at least from what was reported. He was not always number 1 on the list.
Bowlsby was number 1. He said no.

In September, Chip Brown of Orangebloods.com and EspnAustin radio, said that Dodds would retire at the end of the year.

Ut and Dodds denied it, and basically shit on him for the report. At that time, the prospective replacements, per ChipBrowns sources, were, Bowlsby first (that's who Dodds ended up recommending) with Luck next, because he has ties to UT and also a house here.

One month after this report, Dodds announced his retirement.

Bowlsby reportedly said no. A search committee was formed, and Luck, Jurich (Louisville) and the AD at AZ or AZ State, were next on the list.

Don't know what else I can tell ya.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodds announced retirement OCT 1
Playoff committe was announced OCT 16.

Luck as the front runner came out this week.

I'm sure it's a coincidence. :thumb:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodds announced retirement OCT 1
Playoff committe was announced OCT 16.

Luck as the front runner came out this week.

I'm sure it's a coincidence. :thumb:

Luck's name was on the "unofficial" list before October......I'm sure we can post it, but you can always go to shaggybevo or orangebloods and look it up yourself, as we've been discussing it for quite some time.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck's name was on the "unofficial" list before October......I'm sure we can post it, but you can always go to shaggybevo or orangebloods and look it up yourself, as we've been discussing it for quite some time.

I dunno. He seems to be invested way more in The University of Texas athletics program that we are. Maybe we should believe his speculation.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. He seems to be invested way more in The University of Texas athletics program that we are. Maybe we should believe his speculation.

Hell. There was a thread on shaggy started in 2012 about Luck being the next AD........

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, MarkOU, I thought I was cynical.

Seriously, Luck was being talked about a long time ago. And personally, I don't want any of the UT people on that damn committee. They will end up going out of their way to appear non-biased, and we're gonna get screwed. Just watch.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been the No.1 target for the Texas AD job on WVU sites since RUMORS of Deloss' retirement as well, not sure what rock you been under son.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will chime in.

I had also heard the rumor that Luck was going to Texas AD job when he was rumored to be the next Big 12 Commissioner, but lost out to Bowlsby in April/May 2012.

What probably happened is that the Texas Power Brokers interviewed Luck, and decided he would be a good fit for Texas over the Big 12. It also helped that Luck went to Texas, I can't remember if it was grad school or what.

I have even posted about it on these here forums how Luck's name is mentioned in lots of rumors.

Sort of hard to have links to things that were supposed to remain quiet.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is arguably the most progressive and liberal city in America.
It gives Berkely, CA a run for its money.

Texas has spent decades now as the most eastern Californian team in America.
The crazy redneck farmer Aggies don't call us "little san Francisco" for our conservative values.

I would find it hard to believe that TEXAS has any issue with a black head coach.
This is not 1960.

Oliver Luck will likely deliver David Shaw after letting Mack have a retirement lap in 2014.
That would be a slam dunk and homerun all in one.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has spent decades now as the most eastern Californian team in America.
That statement almost makes it sound like you hate the rest of Texas and would rather be in another state. Why would you want to be the "most eastern Californian team in America" anyway? Be Texas by damn in the state of Texas and be freakin proud of it.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horns lives in Maryland.

AFA as Luck, he graduated from UT Law School.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horns lives in Maryland.
Well that is worse he dogs Texas the state but roots for the team. He calls Aggies rednecks because they are a land grant university that has an agricultural school and that is just plain wrong.

The AMERICAN FARMER IS AN AMERICAN HERO and anyone or any institution that supports them should be celebrated.

Plus the only one I have EVER heard call Austin the "Little San Francisco" is Horns and he has done so with almost a romantic notion of it. I'm thinking his Yankee liberal ways are messing with his head and he doesn't understand the state of Texas at all. A true Texan would NEVER imply they were in anyway shape or form Californian and while they might celebrate diversity I don't know any UT grads that would embrace being the gay capitol of Texas and that is exactly what Horns is trying to do.

BTW: My brother is a grad of the UT Law School so I have spent time in Austin on multiple occasions and I know plenty of the graduates.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is worse he dogs Texas the state but roots for the team. He calls Aggies rednecks because they are a land grant university that has an agricultural school and that is just plain wrong.

The AMERICAN FARMER IS AN AMERICAN HERO and anyone or any institution that supports them should be celebrated.

Plus the only one I have EVER heard call Austin the "Little San Francisco" is Horns and he has done so with almost a romantic notion of it. I'm thinking his Yankee liberal ways are messing with his head and he doesn't understand the state of Texas at all. A true Texan would NEVER imply they were in anyway shape or form Californian and while they might celebrate diversity I don't know any UT grads that would embrace being the gay capitol of Texas and that is exactly what Horns is trying to do.

BTW: My brother is a grad of the UT Law School so I have spent time in Austin on multiple occasions and I know plenty of the graduates.

actually most call Austin a bastion of liberal homosexuals. Than they say Texas cannot have a black head coach, because we are racists. It is really an interesting meme. San Fran gets used, because of the liberal connotation and the hills surrounding the city. It is all pretty ignorant.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That statement almost makes it sound like you hate the rest of Texas and would rather be in another state. Why would you want to be the "most eastern Californian team in America" anyway? Be Texas by damn in the state of Texas and be freakin proud of it.

I doubt the poster had much to do with establishing Austin culture. Austin is a great Texas city that adds to the states multi cultural diversity and as far as I know there are no current plans to build a wall around the city.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually most call Austin a bastion of liberal homosexuals. Than they say Texas cannot have a black head coach, because we are racists. It is really an interesting meme. San Fran gets used, because of the liberal connotation and the hills surrounding the city. It is all pretty ignorant.
Well a lot has changed I guess in 20 years I don't remember it being a gay capital.

As for the Black coach thing if Miss State and Texas A&M can hire black head coaches anyone can. That is just a stupid comment.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a lot has changed I guess in 20 years I don't remember it being a gay capital.

As for the Black coach thing if Miss State and Texas A&M can hire black head coaches anyone can. That is just a stupid comment.
-
Its not, but ask someone in East TExas about Austin and get back to me.