• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK KC will definitely sign next season with us because ....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • John KeimESPN Staff Writer
ASHBURN, Virginia -- The cramped space -- it’s too small to call an office -- contains everything Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins wanted: a whiteboard, storage space for binders and a place to watch extra film.

It’s nothing fancy. It’s what he needed. Several days ago on Instagram, Cousins wrote that he felt like a kid at Christmas thanks to his new “QB Nook.”

“It’s really not an office but it works for me,” Cousins said. “It’s a good place to go to work.”

The quarterbacks meet in the offensive staff room. But when that room is occupied -- as it is Monday morning after a game -- Cousins can’t use it to watch extra film. So he’d go to whatever room was unoccupied. But he wanted a place where he could leave his notes, whether in his binder or on the white board.

They found a spot, and Cousins said longtime Redskins Park secretary B.J. Blanchard “dressed it up.”

“We talked about putting saloon doors on it because there are no doors right now,” Cousins said. “They told me they won’t be able to put a door on it. Maybe a saloon door or hippie beads coming down from the ceiling.”

Cousins put more of his own touches in the room, with some serious -- there’s a Muhammed Ali quote on the wall that reads: “The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights."

“Just to remind me when I’m in there that oftentimes games can be won or lost right here, when you see something or find a tip or a piece of information that can make a difference,” Cousins said.

And there’s the not-so-serious.

“I’ve got my Jeff Foxworthy You Might be a Redneck peel-off calendar,” Cousins said. “So I have some of those fun office knickknacks, some of the stuff on Michael Scott’s desk for "The Office," playing up the whole office thing.”

Having this space enables Cousins to keep all his notes in one place. Until now, he’s kept all his old binders in a bin at his townhouse -- he has binders saved from when he played for Michigan State. He’s saving all those notes in case he becomes a coach someday. He also has game plans from previous seasons and notes on defensive coordinators.

It's the perfect place for Cousins.

“He’s a very private person,” Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. “He makes his own notes, he’s a unique individual when it comes to that -- very detailed. That’s a good thing... sometimes.”

because he is "nesting " :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • John KeimESPN Staff Writer
ASHBURN, Virginia -- The cramped space -- it’s too small to call an office -- contains everything Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins wanted: a whiteboard, storage space for binders and a place to watch extra film.

It’s nothing fancy. It’s what he needed. Several days ago on Instagram, Cousins wrote that he felt like a kid at Christmas thanks to his new “QB Nook.”

“It’s really not an office but it works for me,” Cousins said. “It’s a good place to go to work.”

The quarterbacks meet in the offensive staff room. But when that room is occupied -- as it is Monday morning after a game -- Cousins can’t use it to watch extra film. So he’d go to whatever room was unoccupied. But he wanted a place where he could leave his notes, whether in his binder or on the white board.

They found a spot, and Cousins said longtime Redskins Park secretary B.J. Blanchard “dressed it up.”

“We talked about putting saloon doors on it because there are no doors right now,” Cousins said. “They told me they won’t be able to put a door on it. Maybe a saloon door or hippie beads coming down from the ceiling.”

Cousins put more of his own touches in the room, with some serious -- there’s a Muhammed Ali quote on the wall that reads: “The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights."

“Just to remind me when I’m in there that oftentimes games can be won or lost right here, when you see something or find a tip or a piece of information that can make a difference,” Cousins said.

And there’s the not-so-serious.

“I’ve got my Jeff Foxworthy You Might be a Redneck peel-off calendar,” Cousins said. “So I have some of those fun office knickknacks, some of the stuff on Michael Scott’s desk for "The Office," playing up the whole office thing.”

Having this space enables Cousins to keep all his notes in one place. Until now, he’s kept all his old binders in a bin at his townhouse -- he has binders saved from when he played for Michigan State. He’s saving all those notes in case he becomes a coach someday. He also has game plans from previous seasons and notes on defensive coordinators.

It's the perfect place for Cousins.

“He’s a very private person,” Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. “He makes his own notes, he’s a unique individual when it comes to that -- very detailed. That’s a good thing... sometimes.”

because he is "nesting " :D

http://www.redskins.com/media-galle..._Running/9745c453-b8d1-4f75-b0f0-9a36679f6a00

I was listening to the kirk's pressure in the above link where he talks about his little "nook". I noticed that previously he kept his notebooks and game plans in a bin at his townhouse. And it struck me, he's a multimillionaire staying in a townhouse and I thought that was very odd and maybe a sign that he does anticipate being here next season. Am I crazy? or actually is this something of note, we will know in 12 short months.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.redskins.com/media-galle..._Running/9745c453-b8d1-4f75-b0f0-9a36679f6a00

I was listening to the kirk's pressure in the above link where he talks about his little "nook". I noticed that previously he kept his notebooks and game plans in a bin at his townhouse. And it struck me, he's a multimillionaire staying in a townhouse and I thought that was very odd and maybe a sign that he does anticipate being here next season. Am I crazy? or actually is this something of note, we will know in 12 short months.

His town house is Chris Samuels old town house. He rents it from Chris. To a degree its just smart money for him to rent until such time as he signs a lucrative long term deal. I had a rich person tell me once, the quickest way to become not rich is to spend money like its going out of print. You dont buy a house when you are in town on a one year deal, because odds are you will have to take a loss when you try to sell it, or end up sitting on it and trying to rent it out in the end.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His town house is Chris Samuels old town house. He rents it from Chris. To a degree its just smart money for him to rent until such time as he signs a lucrative long term deal. I had a rich person tell me once, the quickest way to become not rich is to spend money like its going out of print. You dont buy a house when you are in town on a one year deal, because odds are you will have to take a loss when you try to sell it, or end up sitting on it and trying to rent it out in the end.
Interesting, I didn't know he was renting it from Chris Samuel. That makes sense then, I'll stop fishing for fake news and do some research haha.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also it should be added that he is looking at houses in DC area just so we have a glimmer of hope

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With real estate in the DC area & with Cousins overall net worth I highly doubt that he would take a loss even if he sold the house or rented it for a few years. Excessive purchases of cars, clothes, restaurants, etc might get you in financial trouble, but this is a lot less likely with a home purchase. At worst Cousins would have to wait it out for a few years which is very possible in his situation.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some universities used nooky to entice players ...... OHHHHH my bad you said nook. :rolleyes2:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add my thoughts to the OP subject line..."OK KC will definitely sign next season with us because ...."

1. Bruce Allen steps down, when it's revealed that D. Hall intends to release embarrassing personal info.

2. 31 other teams decide to skip the season.

3. He finds a Powerball lottery ticket stuck to his windshield, it wins the largest Jackpot in U.S. history, he retires.

4. Washington trades its' 1st and 2nd 3rd picks next year to get Garcon and Jackson back.

5. Kirk's wife gives him a choice, "stay here with me, or go without me." he gives in and signs the FT for a 3rd time.

Ya'll better not take any of this seriously. (except the Bruce part)