• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OG Zack Martin Hurt His Knee; MRI to Come on Sunday

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what game you watched... if 10 of 15 for 86 yards with a TD and 15:41 Time of Possession in the first 19 minutes of the game is looking bad, I'll take it.
So you didn't see him over throw multiple guys and that horrid 3nd and goal throw. Got it. 8.6 yards per throw, woo fucking hoo

Dak is a good QB. Worry about your own broke down QB
My dad's from Dallas and said the same thing. I'm a dak and cowboys fan.

Reactions: GNG

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ..... Let the shitshow begin.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Cowboy fan one bit but I hope he’s OK. He’s the class of the guard position.
I heard on the TV that Dak didn’t complete one pass for more then 10 yards. True?
Yes Zach is an excellent OG and hopefully the injury isn't serious. Dak has shortcomings with arm strength and no more than servicable in my opinion.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin could miss some regular season games. If the MRI confirms the Hyperextension, recovery time is 2 to 4 weeks.
Thank you Captain Obvious.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you didn't see him over throw multiple guys and that horrid 3nd and goal throw. Got it. 8.6 yards per throw, woo fucking hoo.

The game is on the NFL network right now. Yes....Dak had a couple overthrows. Yes the one on 3rd and goal was horrible. Pass sailed on him almost as if it slipped out of his hand. He had another overthrow that is on his last drive and while it was an overthrow it was not a bad one. If he was going to miss it was done in the right spot because based on the coverage Dak was going to need a perfect throw on top of that this was he very drive where he made the nice play for his TD pass. He made a fantastic throw on that drive to give them 1st and goal on 3rd down getting the ball out really fast and in between two defenders.

So I am not sure what game you watched because while Dak had a few overthrows he was pretty good in this game. You must expect perfection from your QB so obviously Dak is never going to be good enough.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is on the NFL network right now. Yes....Dak had a couple overthrows. Yes the one on 3rd and goal was horrible. Pass sailed on him almost as if it slipped out of his hand. He had another overthrow that is on his last drive and while it was an overthrow it was not a bad one. If he was going to miss it was done in the right spot because based on the coverage Dak was going to need a perfect throw on top of that this was he very drive where he made the nice play for his TD pass.

So I am not sure what game you watched because while Dak had a few overthrows he was pretty good in this game. You must expect perfection from your QB so obviously Dak is never going to be good enough.

Listen, it's a preseason game. Everything is taken with a grain of salt. But im not going to sit here and suck Dak's dick just cause I like the guy. He was mediocre. The tape doesnt lie. And I gave him credit for the nice TD pass but every other pass was a checkdown or short throw over the middle. Looking back he did have a couple of nice slant throws for a first down. Cowboys don't need Dak to be a world beater, just make some plays this season.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, it's a preseason game. Everything is taken with a grain of salt. But im not going to sit here and suck Dak's dick just cause I like the guy. He was mediocre. The tape doesnt lie. And I gave him credit for the nice TD pass but every other pass was a checkdown or short throw over the middle. Looking back he did have a couple of nice slant throws for a first down. Cowboys don't need Dak to be a world beater, just make some plays this season.

I think mediocre is a bit of a stretch. You are correct that the majority of his pass plays seemed to be checkdowns but he was without Tavon and Zeke it is not like the receivers were getting any separation.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think mediocre is a bit of a stretch. You are correct that the majority of his pass plays seemed to be checkdowns but he was without Tavon and Zeke it is not like the receivers were getting any separation.
Yeah, that's why you take every thing with a grain of salt in preseason. I just want to see him calm down a bit on those longer throws so he's not zipping it over the heads of guys. That's when you start getting INT's.

I think Dak will have a bounce back year, and having a great run game will be a big help. Sucks no more Witten for the safety valve.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats in a preseason game to try and highlight a perceived negative.

Scared of the Boys are ya?

I don’t know why ESPN (I think) said he didn’t have a throw of more then 10 yards. I saw a dump off that went for atleast 20. Maybe they meant in the air. Of course I’m nervous about Dallas. Best OLine in the NFL and a pretty darn good DLine with the best pure RB in the NFL. I don’t have a problem saying they should be good.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word is martin is gonna be good, may be ready for week

source:espn radio about 45 min ago

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Cowboy fan one bit but I hope he’s OK. He’s the class of the guard position.
I heard on the TV that Dak didn’t complete one pass for more then 10 yards. True?
No, not true. One for 19 yards. Two others for exactly 10 yards. I think he had two long throws that he overthrew. One on purpose and the other looked like on purpose because guys were covered. Not that it matters too much but he played pretty well

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you didn't see him over throw multiple guys and that horrid 3nd and goal throw. Got it. 8.6 yards per throw, woo fucking hoo

My dad's from Dallas and said the same thing. I'm a dak and cowboys fan.

You should listen to your dad.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not true. One for 19 yards. Two others for exactly 10 yards. I think he had two long throws that he overthrew. One on purpose and the other looked like on purpose because guys were covered. Not that it matters too much but he played pretty well

Yeah... I saw highlights were he had atleast a 20 yarder and I deduced that they meant in the air.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched a pretty damn good ball control offense that will be even better when the starting RB is in there.

But - what the fuck do I know...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has shortcomings as a passer... He is quick on his feet but just servicable as a QB.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a pretty damn good ball control offense that will be even better when the starting RB is in there.

But - what the fuck do I know...
Zeke and the OL is the strength of that offense. Dak isn't a guy that will get Dallas to the SB with his weak throwing arm.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke and the OL is the strength of that offense. Dak isn't a guy that will get Dallas to the SB with his weak throwing arm.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have Super Bowl rings. There are other methods to winning.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have Super Bowl rings. There are other methods to winning.
Johnson and Dilfer were farts in the wind... Today's NFL is a passing league and no longer 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I'll be very surprised if the Cowboys get to the SB.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson and Dilfer were farts in the wind... Today's NFL is a passing league and no longer 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I'll be very surprised if the Cowboys get to the SB.

The league tends to be cyclical. There’s always a place for a dominant running game and a stout defense. Not saying that the Cowboys have a stout defense by any means but I like the direction they are heading. So... we shall see.