• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Thread

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn.....most of us in the know will be calling for TC's ouster by mid May/ early June for one or more over stated valid reasons or another.

This absolutely has to be his final season mismanaging this team.
Sure...he's a nice guy (blah blah blah, yada yada yada)....but he SUCKS as a big league game tactician and strategist....and he's clueless as far as the BP goes.

It's gonna be time to turn the page by mid season, Sandy, at the earliest.

We Mets fans deserve much better.....and it's way overdue.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening day is here!!!

Will have a GDT up tomorrow for the opening series with the Nats.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soon to bump this? Ideally I would like the Mets to make 3 impact moves, 2 bats and a legit reliever. I like the young arms in the pen but would love to get a consistent, dependable vet to help anchor it. I think in order to get 3 impact players (considering our financial restrictions), 1 would have to be via trade. If we can add 2 bats and a vet arm in the pen I think we're in great shape.

2015 MLB Free Agents ? MLB Trade Rumors

Do we trust Melky? Is he entirely a product of PEDs? Do we trade for an OF bat?

Do we go for Hardy or Hanley Ramirez? Are there other options?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series is over, now time to start talking about what will ultimately be an underwhelming offseason for us. We've repeatedly heard they're not increasing payroll much if at all, which is a problem because I think adding a real difference maker would bump us $15-20 million.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Sherman of the New York Post looks at the second round of changes coming to the dimensions of Citi Field and writes that the new dimensions may give some type of hint as to which players are most likely to be traded by the Mets this offseason. The Mets are planning to make Citi Field more homer-friendly and build the pitching staff around arms that emphasize strikeouts and ground-balls. Names like Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler fit that description, but Bartolo Colon, Dillon Gee and, to a lesser extent, Rafael Montero are all more prone to fly-balls, making them more likely to be dealt.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough being a Mets fan time to give Sandy the boot. He keeps wasting money and now we are giving up draft picks for an average player.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants FO famously punted a pick in '04 (I think that was the year) in order to save some money by signing Michael Tucker 1 days before the arb date. Giants fans still "hate" Tucker because of that horrible move by the Giants FO.

I know the Mets have been in financial trouble in the past. Are they still struggling? Is it possible they are intentionally punting picks to save a couple million?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, people are talking Mets and closer Dave Robertson | Metsblog

All rumors at this point but thoughts on spending $10+ million on a closer? If this signing means trading Mejia then I'd be on board. I think Mejia has some solid trade value especially if packaged with a guy like Montero. Mejia probably looks far more appealing to a team than say Niese or Gee.

However if they sign him and still plan on keeping Mejia, well we'd have a great bullpen. Parnell and Familia sharing 7th inning duties, Mejia setup and Robertson closing? That sounds very, very appealing.