• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official "Jagr to the Pens" rumor thread..

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm just glad Dickards is in the West now haha

Although I would like to see if he takes runs at Pronger or not.... I think that's a yes...

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad Dickards is in the West now haha

Although I would like to see if he takes runs at Pronger or not.... I think that's a yes...

I'm gonna try to go to that game. It's in October. I don't think Richards will go out of his way to hit Pronger though.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you think there was that much tension in that dressing room that one of them had to go?

I've been intrigued by what the hell is wrong in there for several seasons. The rumors of wives and camps and infighting.... I'm sure 24/7 wont get to the bottom of that.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think there was that much tension in that dressing room that one of them had to go?

I've been intrigued by what the hell is wrong in there for several seasons. The rumors of wives and camps and infighting.... I'm sure 24/7 wont get to the bottom of that.

Ya know, I really have no idea. I think over the next few years a lot information will be coming out about what exactly was going on in that locker room. I think Richards and the team as a whole would have been much better served if Richards was not the captain. He was good at leading by example on the ice but off the ice he didn't seem to be a good captain.

Every member of the Olde City Crew has been traded...except for Hartnell. Upshall, Lupol, Richards, Carter apparently all liked to party a lot. How much that effected the team and their play I don't know. I know that last year Richards came to camp on the very last day before it started. That is a BS move by the captain. That isn't leading by example.

Richards also didn't get a long with the local media. I give him a pass there though because a few of them seemed to have it out for him.

I don't know about the Carter/Hartnell's wife rumors. I hope it wasn't true.

I think that the Flyers didn't want Richards to wear the C anymore but knew that things wouldn't be good if they stripped it of him. Also, the Flyers have been dangling Carter out there on the market for a few years. Carter and Richards are pretty tight so I think they knew that once they got rid of Carter that they would have to move Richards as well because he would be pissed about it.

I do feel bad for them a little bit because they both signed long-term deals for less money with Philly. That's the way it goes though. I wish them both the best.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am by no means a Richards apologist haha but I did feel the media was after him over there. Or, at the very least, they KNEW how he was in interviews and they pushed his buttons for headlines.

I was also surprised there was not a NTC in those monster deals Richards and Carter signed.
I think its a good thing you only see both players once or twice a year at most... they have got to be pissed...

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am by no means a Richards apologist haha but I did feel the media was after him over there. Or, at the very least, they KNEW how he was in interviews and they pushed his buttons for headlines.

I was also surprised there was not a NTC in those monster deals Richards and Carter signed.
I think its a good thing you only see both players once or twice a year at most... they have got to be pissed...

Both contracts did have NTC's in them BUT the Flyers traded them before they went in effect. lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry a little late to the converstation but for Talbot he plays hard every shift he doesn't take them off. He has been hurt but what you can expect from him is a good PK and 3rd/4th line player. Don't expect goals or a go to faceoff man.

That video was funny about Richards and Carter but trust me as a Pen's fan we won't miss seeing Richards that much. As for Carter he was snake bitten against the Penguins in recent times so we will miss that. Only if the Penguins could stop Giroux?

As for removing the C from Richards, I agree, trading him was the only way that could happen.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the playoff series in 09 I think when he was first on the scene.. I liked that kid then for sure. Knew he was going to be trouble in the future.

Yeah, Giroux is my favorite player. I have high hopes for him.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know we need Crosby back 100% for this to be the season it can be in the Atlantic. Gonna be a wild one I think.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crosby i believe puts you boys in the drivers seat for the division...im really not sure what the Flyers are going to be...it may be several months for the chemistry to come together...but thats why they upgraded between the pipes... heard a rumour about malkin going to the lightening and stamkos to toronto...two young prospects to pittsburgh...im sure you caught that one...may not be a bad move for the pens...unload some salary to free the cap...pens are going to be right at the top anyway...looked at the run they made at the end of the season without crosby or malkin...add young talent...lol...sounds similiar to what the flyers did...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have a good summer DBE...man our sites over fox suck...almost impossible to post...guess i could go over and verbal kick there asses off the site...but its just a matter of time for the flies to return...lol...

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crosby's health will determine the division, I think. And Malkin to some extent. Never know how his knee will be.. probably fine, but you cant tell.

As for the Flyers, can't agree more, gonna have to give it at least half a season before you can take a true temperature of the team after the big moves. They might go nuts out of the gate and fall off, or the total opposite... or Lavie may have them just plug along over 82 games.

Me, I am over here a few times a day, I just drop in at Fox to stir the pot. I gave this site away to some of the regulars over there (NOT a certain one who visits your site) and a few have shown up here quickly. I'll get more of them over here in October

Your site over there is about as bad as ours gets now.

Hopefully this site picks up when NHL starts back up. Been me, DDD, and Joe so far hahaa

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby's health will determine the division, I think. And Malkin to some extent. Never know how his knee will be.. probably fine, but you cant tell.

As for the Flyers, can't agree more, gonna have to give it at least half a season before you can take a true temperature of the team after the big moves. They might go nuts out of the gate and fall off, or the total opposite... or Lavie may have them just plug along over 82 games.

Me, I am over here a few times a day, I just drop in at Fox to stir the pot. I gave this site away to some of the regulars over there (NOT a certain one who visits your site) and a few have shown up here quickly. I'll get more of them over here in October

Your site over there is about as bad as ours gets now.

Hopefully this site picks up when NHL starts back up. Been me, DDD, and Joe so far hahaa

Invite anyone good.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it has been slow. Maybe some Penguin fan's actually realized there is a baseball team in Pittsburgh? :lol: