• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official "Jagr to the Pens" rumor thread..

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can keep Jagr...but i think the pens management have had enough of him dbe...he starting to pop up every year now like forsberg rumours...tic toc...lol...like to see the Flyers take a shot a kennedy but we have a goalie to sign...

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flyers dont need Kennedy, he's a 3rd line energy/ borderline 2nd line scorer... you have a bunch of those!! If anything, you will have to shed a few of your guys to make room for Bryzjaggoff.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Emu...Trust me you don't want Kennedy.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Consider the source, but Insider on Pgh Sports writer Will DePaoli says Jagr has reached out to several NHL teams and is looking for a 1 yr $2.5 million deal.

Hmm. Kennedy wants 2 million... no contest?

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
haha started this thread out of boredom a month and a half ago....

Twitter just exploded yesterday with Jagr/Pens talk and rumors.

Red Wings, Pens and a third unknown (Rangers?) team all in the running.

Kind of surprised by Wings talk. I thought their problem last year was their age was showing in April. Now Lidstrom is back again, Jagr isnt a spring chicken. I think that puts them in the same boat, with Jagr replacing Modano, doesnt it?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt Jagr goes to the Wings. I think Jagr going to the Pens is a sure shot so long as he isn't asking some astronomical figure. It would be great to see him retire there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt Jagr goes to the Wings. I think Jagr going to the Pens is a sure shot so long as he isn't asking some astronomical figure. It would be great to see him retire there.

Funny I think most other teams want to see it also. Not sure if he has much left after the soft KHL he might fit in better with his capitals....

Anyway the new report is the Pens are courting him right now.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he were to sign, I'd give him a month off in the first half and a month and a half off over January/February to stay fresh. He's 39, he played in the softer KHL the last few years, and I think their season is only about 60 games.

Would have to keep him fresh for April as much as possible.

At least everyone is pretty sure he's not going to be as bad as Kovalev was this season.......

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt but Kovalev didn't have Malkin and/or Crosby. He was the focus of the offense too much and he was just too old to be that. Yeah if Jagr is treated correctly it could work. I wonder how much he really will fit in this system?

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unreal wacky buzz on twitter of Jagr haha. The Pensblog guys are driving people nuts with the #jagrwatch

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jagr CANT sign anywhere until July 1st he just learned. Some NHLPA thing.

Holy CRAP Flyers today......

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was due to waivers like others mentioned? But the interesting part is he didn't give the Penguins an answer on their offer so it is looking more and more like he will be in Detroit. Now maybe the Penguins can use that cap for someone like Leino but I have a feeling he will re-up with the Flyers.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll see. I think Jagr's agent meets with Shero today actually.

Too early to tell. They do have extra time now to haggle I guess.

samsdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey emu took your advice, figured i'd take a shot at it here. Different Mikeyism new dog,lol.

My gut tells me Jags will be signed by July 5 at the latest at $2-$2.5 mil. Lemieux wants it done, Bylsma wants it done, can't see Shero finding a better right wing for the price.

TK ? I got him at $1.25m,$1.50m,$1.75m= 3yrs. $4.5m. max. if not trade him for future considerations and second rounder if you can, before some fool signs him to an offer that is ridiculous. Dupuis, Rupp and Talbot would be on my list of guys to sign too. Barring injuries and signing Jagr along with the last three mentioned has to send chills down all Pens fans backs.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AWESOME.. welcome aboard. The main NHL forums are busy all of the time.
Mild trolling is ok if you keep it funny and not too nasty, but it is very friendly here.

This place will really pick up in the fall I think.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arnold... Steeler page is really jumping all of the time with many ex-Fox posters.. stop over and say hi.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey emu took your advice, figured i'd take a shot at it here. Different Mikeyism new dog,lol.

My gut tells me Jags will be signed by July 5 at the latest at $2-$2.5 mil. Lemieux wants it done, Bylsma wants it done, can't see Shero finding a better right wing for the price.

TK ? I got him at $1.25m,$1.50m,$1.75m= 3yrs. $4.5m. max. if not trade him for future considerations and second rounder if you can, before some fool signs him to an offer that is ridiculous. Dupuis, Rupp and Talbot would be on my list of guys to sign too. Barring injuries and signing Jagr along with the last three mentioned has to send chills down all Pens fans backs.

First off welcome...I totally agree that is highest I would give him also and the reason why they didn't qualify him. They would probably lose and have to give well over 2 million per season.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arnold... Steeler page is really jumping all of the time with many ex-Fox posters.. stop over and say hi.

Never checked the Fox forums out, were they bad or just gets annoying like all the ESPN trolls?

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They were horrible troll infested train wrecks. I cant even describe the level of useless posts over there.

I was there for 5+ years on a daily basis but this year became unbearable.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
#Jagrwatch... today might be the day....

started this thread as more of a goof and now it might happen hahaha