• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are very much ‘in’ on Drew Lock, but if not Lock it will be Devin White, DeAndre Baker, or Greedy Williams. If no Lock they will be very eager to trade down.

They think that the latter three are slight reaches and would like to trade back but depends on price. Greedy is one they want to like but are turned off by attitude, work ethic, and his allergy to tackling. They love Baker but don’t think he’s a top 10 talent given athletic limitations. Perfect scheme fit and love his demeanor and technique though. They also don’t ‘love’ the value of White at ten who because still extremely raw as a processor. Some worries about him being DJ Williams, just an athlete running around with no instincts, guessing rather than reading.

They are looking CB hard because they know they have to fix it, not comfortable with CHJ and Yiadom as starters and they believe that the free agent class is putrid.

They won’t be going offensive line at ten. “Elway hates going offensive line early.” And one of the reasons they got Munchak was because they wanted to not have to pay a premium for non-LT in Draft if possible.

Sounds like Ravens upped their guarantee money percent again and total money some and Mosley came down as well. Money stuff is all figured out except for the breakdown of when and how he gets the money and other fine details.

This would shift Broncos FA priorities to:
Jon Hankins NT
Kwon Alexander LB
Adrian Amos/Landon Collins SS
RT: Ja’Wuan James
OL: Billy Turner

Also Broncos and Flacco renegotiation in table still but not ‘dire’ or ‘imminent’. Mentioned a pay cut of 8.5 this year with a 10 mil guaranteed base and 3 mil signing bonus.

So instead of maybe getting 18.5 you guaranteed get 13 million

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that is stuff that Nick received earlier today.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are very much ‘in’ on Drew Lock, but if not Lock it will be Devin White, DeAndre Baker, or Greedy Williams. If no Lock they will be very eager to trade down.

They think that the latter three are slight reaches and would like to trade back but depends on price. Greedy is one they want to like but are turned off by attitude, work ethic, and his allergy to tackling. They love Baker but don’t think he’s a top 10 talent given athletic limitations. Perfect scheme fit and love his demeanor and technique though. They also don’t ‘love’ the value of White at ten who because still extremely raw as a processor. Some worries about him being DJ Williams, just an athlete running around with no instincts, guessing rather than reading.

They are looking CB hard because they know they have to fix it, not comfortable with CHJ and Yiadom as starters and they believe that the free agent class is putrid.

They won’t be going offensive line at ten. “Elway hates going offensive line early.” And one of the reasons they got Munchak was because they wanted to not have to pay a premium for non-LT in Draft if possible.

Sounds like Ravens upped their guarantee money percent again and total money some and Mosley came down as well. Money stuff is all figured out except for the breakdown of when and how he gets the money and other fine details.

Jon Hankins NT
Kwon Alexander LB

Also Broncos and Flacco renegotiation in table still but not ‘dire’ or ‘imminent’. Mentioned a pay cut of 8.5 this year with a 10 mil guaranteed base and 3 mil signing bonus.

That what I posted in reponae to on one of nicks article. Too many players bunched up at 10. Outside of Qb, trade back if possible. No Cb is worth #10.

Not sure who would come up . Maybe some team falls in love with a OT, CB

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - I like that - Greedy is the one they want - except for how he thinks and how he plays.

I do agree that Lock is a QB type like Flacco - so targeting him looks reasonable to me (I still don't like him, but I've got PTSLynch).

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - I like that - Greedy is the one they want - except for how he thinks and how he plays.

I do agree that Lock is a QB type like Flacco - so targeting him looks reasonable to me (I still don't like him, but I've got PTSLynch).
Lynch likely doesn’t have the grey matter to QB in the NFL. That’s hard to gauge. Don’t forget, we weren’t the only team targeting Lynch. From what I understand, he wasn’t going to fall much further in the draft. And I’m sure Elway was thinking back to Oz’s contract and wanted to make sure the new QB had the extra contract perks afforded to 1st round selections.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch likely doesn’t have the grey matter to QB in the NFL. That’s hard to gauge. Don’t forget, we weren’t the only team targeting Lynch. From what I understand, he wasn’t going to fall much further in the draft. And I’m sure Elway was thinking back to Oz’s contract and wanted to make sure the new QB had the extra contract perks afforded to 1st round selections.

Yes - Dr. Boh, but I still gots the hibbegeebees.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Hankins NT
Kwon Alexander LB

Outside of Collins not sure these players move Denver forward that much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Collins not sure these players move Denver forward that much.

I guess I will have to agree to disagree with you. Adrian Amos is a huge upgrade in that secondary. He is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. I honestly would rather have him than Landon Collins for the SS spot.

As for James at the RT spot again a nice upgrade for the Broncos plus a long-term solution for the position. That is something the Broncos haven't had in a long time.

Kwon if healed from his injury gives the Broncos an actual coverage linebacker that they haven't had since Trevathan. He is a bit up and down with his play for sure and not my absolute first choice, but I do like his upside paired with one of hte best linebacker coaches in football in Fangio.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I will have to agree to disagree with you. Adrian Amos is a huge upgrade in that secondary. He is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. I honestly would rather have him than Landon Collins for the SS spot.

As for James at the RT spot again a nice upgrade for the Broncos plus a long-term solution for the position. That is something the Broncos haven't had in a long time.

Kwon if healed from his injury gives the Broncos an actual coverage linebacker that they haven't had since Trevathan. He is a bit up and down with his play for sure and not my absolute first choice, but I do like his upside paired with one of hte best linebacker coaches in football in Fangio.

:agree:

James would be a large upgrade at RT and can play LT. Hankins - will stop the run - which was Peko's great value. Peko is a better player - but older - Hankins might improve with the Bronco's coaching.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hankins - will stop the run - which was Peko's great value. Peko is a better player - but older - Hankins might improve with the Bronco's coaching.

Hankins seems to have some read flag somewhere as when he hit free agency he had to sign a 1 year prove it deal with the Colts. The Colts let him walk and he signed another 1 year deal with the Raiders I believe.

Could be a good player, but there seems to be something teams don't like.

Here is his contract break downs:
Johnathan Hankins

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few musings for a Sunday morning

All these guys are like Roby. Yeah maybe in a different environment they change their spots but quality FAs rarely hit the market. Denver needs to wade into the FA pool because of poor drafts in 2013-2015 and the fail of Lynch But teams like Kansas City and LAC can also make the same type of signings. This years FA pool to me seems like a boat race with KC and LAC still with a comfortable lead.

Elway is going have to hit another Home run in the draft and if he can find another gem or two like he did in D Stewart moves the needle forward a little faster. 4th Ts in 4 years. Cant say we haven’t seen this before. Munch may be the discriminator here.

To tell you the truth I think Elway is just playing for 2019 and making the playoffs by hook or by crook.

4 years in a row missing the playoffs could be problematic for John and he would not want to go out except on his terms. Shanahan was fired after only 3 seasons of non playoff football . Maybe as long as the trust is in place Elway is safe. Who knows.

I think Elway greatest accomplishment was obviously the signing of Manning.

The start to his career mimics the start Joe Flacco’s career. Playoffs and Super Bowls but the last 3 seasons have not been kind to either. Like Felix and Oscar can both come together and pull off a Rich Gannon type resurgence? Another Delaware journeyman.

On the flip side , I think Elway’s greatest failure was passing on Kyle Shanahan for non football reasons
And for some reason falling madly in love with Vance Joesph. Offense has now come back to the Shanahan tree when Kyle was in the building to begin with.

Hope Elways time in Necker island with Richard Branson has reved this engine for the coming year. Cheerleaders in bikinis cannot be a bad start to 2019.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Ellis would dump John before Bowlen's take over? It would put target all on Ellis dumping a denver legend seems unlikely.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few musings for a Sunday morning

All these guys are like Roby. Yeah maybe in a different environment they change their spots but quality FAs rarely hit the market. Denver needs to wade into the FA pool because of poor drafts in 2013-2015 and the fail of Lynch But teams like Kansas City and LAC can also make the same type of signings. This years FA pool to me seems like a boat race with KC and LAC still with a comfortable lead.

Elway is going have to hit another Home run in the draft and if he can find another gem or two like he did in D Stewart moves the needle forward a little faster. 4th Ts in 4 years. Cant say we haven’t seen this before. Munch may be the discriminator here.

To tell you the truth I think Elway is just playing for 2019 and making the playoffs by hook or by crook.

4 years in a row missing the playoffs could be problematic for John and he would not want to go out except on his terms. Shanahan was fired after only 3 seasons of non playoff football . Maybe as long as the trust is in place Elway is safe. Who knows.

I think Elway greatest accomplishment was obviously the signing of Manning.

The start to his career mimics the start Joe Flacco’s career. Playoffs and Super Bowls but the last 3 seasons have not been kind to either. Like Felix and Oscar can both come together and pull off a Rich Gannon type resurgence? Another Delaware journeyman.

On the flip side , I think Elway’s greatest failure was passing on Kyle Shanahan for non football reasons
And for some reason falling madly in love with Vance Joesph. Offense has now come back to the Shanahan tree when Kyle was in the building to begin with.

Hope Elways time in Necker island with Richard Branson has reved this engine for the coming year. Cheerleaders in bikinis cannot be a bad start to 2019.

Thanks for your thoughts @CEH - very true - and not often analyzed.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hankins seems to have some read flag somewhere as when he hit free agency he had to sign a 1 year prove it deal with the Colts. The Colts let him walk and he signed another 1 year deal with the Raiders I believe.

Johnathan Hankins

Maybe he just needs the discipline of Bill Kollar and Vic Fangio to succeed. He fits the Fangio defense as I understand it. So he would be a case of low cost - high ceiling. One of the interesting things Fangio - Munchak et al bring to the table is hearing about guys from their buddies around the league - allowing them to make educated guesses on cases like Hankins.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnathan Hankins

Actually if you look at his contract with the Colts he signed a 3-year deal that they cut him after one because they had it set up where they could get out of it with no dead money. The cut happened after they figured out who their DC was going to be and were going to be making the switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and didn't think he was a good fit in their system.

He then had to go sign a 1-year prove it deal with the Raiders.