• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see that ending well... but it wasn't a ridiculous contract and may actually pay off in the end

I see Santana going to Toronto now, makes too much sense not to

I was thinking Toronto or KC. Buyer beware, he's due for a bad year. He's had a good year followed by a bad one for most of his career (2010 & 11 being the exception). Maybe it's just coincidence, but it would still make me nervous.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bedard usually pitches pretty well against us. Another crafty lefty that we have trouble solving.

Those types of pitchers for some reason have. But I doubt he makes it through the year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Toronto or KC. Buyer beware, he's due for a bad year. He's had a good year followed by a bad one for most of his career (2010 & 11 being the exception). Maybe it's just coincidence, but it would still make me nervous.

Coincidence IMO, even if he has a bad year

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My money would have been on Romeo...

It's freakin ST for us too. I bought a new mouse, switched to Firefox, staying up until after midnight to prepare for west coast trips and practicing snap retrievals from Fan Graphs and BaseballReference.com for several weeks to get in shape.

Want us to set the tone for the season ... this is all business ... we have to win it all and make sure any player loafs or dumb move the management gets called out fast. It is all up to us.

Best to get shots in quick before PDay and Alfalfa show up and we can't get a word in edgewise.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's freakin ST for us too. I bought a new mouse, switched to Firefox, staying up until after midnight to prepare for west coast trips and practicing snap retrievals from Fan Graphs and BaseballReference.com for several weeks to get in shape.

Want us to set the tone for the season ... this is all business ... we have to win it all and make sure any player loafs or dumb move the management gets called out fast. It is all up to us.

Best to get shots in quick before PDay and Alfalfa show up and we can't get a word in edgewise.

HAHA

Don't forget jaar

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh the sounds of spring.

Also - on Feliz... he was hitting 97-98 in the winter league. So his velocity is back. Or so they say....

heh, that's funny...my first thought when watching the Colby vid you posted was "those sounds"
okay second thought, first was "hey there he is!"

good stuff, thanks for posting

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the laugh this morning.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn straight. I've been working on improving my typing speed and switched to a phone with Swype technology so that nobody can post faster than me.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ordeal with Profar is starting to concern me a little.
Great news for whoever is competing for the 2B job (Rosales, Odor, etc)...but horrible for Profar.

(this gives him VERY little time to "win" the starting job.) Much less get ready for the season....

Sidenote.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight. I've been working on improving my typing speed and switched to a phone with Swype technology so that nobody can post faster than me.
Your draw has always been quick when facing down a troll, nut or a complete idiot.:laugh3:

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have our first butt-hurt person of ST!

And WMW pulled it off, what a dark horse surprise

Nobody is butt-hurt here. I was just responding to his comment about my comment...I think that made sense? I enjoy reading and posting here quite a bit and don't plan on going anywhere. I just made a simple observation and was surprised by the arrogant response I got. I know it was his first mound appearance. Just seemed like he was throwing lighter than others that's all.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't do this to me Profar

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news for whoever is competing for the 2B job (Rosales, Odor, etc)...but horrible for Profar.

(this gives him VERY little time to "win" the starting job.) Much less get ready for the season....

Sidenote.

I would be shocked if Profar is healthy and not out there as our everyday 2B. I know Wash said he has to earn it but I am pretty confident they are going to give him his shot this season. That being said, if he stays hurt and Odor or Rosales puts up an amazing Spring- it still might put him and management in a tough spot but from a team standpoint, that would be a good thing.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your draw has always been quick when facing down a troll, nut or a complete idiot.:laugh3:

and opinions still will vary while it remains good to be judge.
standing strong on the opinions of Profar, kinsler, cruz and Washington.
I'd apologize but I still value the opinions on all that.

Oh well, maybe I'll agree with the group more this season.......Go Rangers

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From listening to Norm this morning he said there's a rumor that Seattle's Iwakuma has a finger injury which is concerning them greatly and in his opinion, the Rangers as they are constructed now, have one of the worst benches in all of baseball.

I'm going to have to admit I completely misread the market for Nellie. Sincerely thought he'd have at least a 2 year, if not 3, signed contract now. But I guess between his age, the PEDs, and losing a draft choice, all this has everyone backing up on him.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From listening to Norm this morning he said there's a rumor that Seattle's Iwakuma has a finger injury which is concerning them greatly and in his opinion, the Rangers as they are constructed now, have one of the worst benches in all of baseball.

I'm going to have to admit I completely misread the market for Nellie. Sincerely thought he'd have at least a 2 year, if not 3, signed contract now. But I guess between his age, the PEDs, and losing a draft choice, all this has everyone backing up on him.

Rosales, JP, Choice, Beltre
I would call that a weak bench.

2 are purely defense. (Rosales, Beltre (though he can hit decently)).
1 is RH Power - but all or nothing and looking for a change of scenary.
1 is RH Power - and unproven at the ML level.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sidenote.

:L

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Evan..

For those that dont see the issue -
I have NEVER in my LIFE seen a splitter grip using the ring & middle finger.
Splitter is Index & Middle.

That grip is obviously a change up.

EDIT: I see a few tweets later he corrected himself. Blamed it on the sun. Really?!?! Really.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Evan..

For those that dont see the issue -
I have NEVER in my LIFE seen a splitter grip using the ring & middle finger.
Splitter is Index & Middle.

That grip is obviously a change up.

EDIT: I see a few tweets later he corrected himself. Blamed it on the sun. Really?!?! Really.

I can't believe Evan has a job as a sports columnist. His lack of knowledge on the topics he reports is frightening.