• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season thread 2024, new regime

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree, if we sign Morse, center is not a position of need right now. I would go to other areas.

Then you are extremely short-sighted.

When you sign a guy that you admittedly only sires up the spot short term, you are passing on good talent. This is a good year for center prospects. Next year may be a very weak year. You don’t pass on good players this year because you signed a stop gap.

The better option is don’t sign stop gaps at positions of draft strength. This season, we should focus on OL, LB and WR because that is the strength of this draft in rounds 2-4.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we sign Morse, I will look elsewhere. It should be BPA at a position of need. I'm not going through this again. Drafting a center in the 2nd round with the possible Morse signing writes off Stromberg as a center. You claim your not writing off draft picks. HA!
we havent signed morse or cushenberry and you are basing your shit on what if's . i wish you could damn read because i said a PARTICULAR round not just 2nd round . i said if he was the BPA as well . nowhere did i say cut stromberg but realizing what he is doesnt mean he is written off . for God's sake get a grip and understand what is being said

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are extremely short-sighted.

When you sign a guy that you admittedly only sires up the spot short term, you are passing on good talent. This is a good year for center prospects. Next year may be a very weak year. You don’t pass on good players this year because you signed a stop gap.

The better option is don’t sign stop gaps at positions of draft strength. This season, we should focus on OL, LB and WR because that is the strength of this draft in rounds 2-4.

i will use the pick on good talent at other positions. You say you are not writing off Stromberg, but you are.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we havent signed morse or cushenberry and you are basing your shit on what if's . i wish you could damn read because i said a PARTICULAR round not just 2nd round . i said if he was the BPA as well . nowhere did i say cut stromberg but realizing what he is doesnt mean he is written off . for God's sake get a grip and understand what is being said

i said if we signed a vet center and you disagreed. I said 2nd round and you disagreed. If you are going to debate me then debate the particular post. Not your general thinking.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said if we signed a vet center and you disagreed. I said 2nd round and you disagreed. If you are going to debate me then debate the particular post. Not your general thinking.
i dictate my parameters not you . and if that center is one of our 2nd rounders i am pulling the trigger as i would in ANY round . the vet center we sign could be larsen for all you know .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dictate my parameters not you . and if that center is one of our 2nd rounders i am pulling the trigger as i would in ANY round . the vet center we sign could be larsen for all you know .

i never said Larsen, I said Morse. If you are still BPA regardless of need thats fine.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there something in particular you like about stromberg?

What about Andre Jones?
If he was written off by posters, would that bother you?

You are defending stromberg quite a bit and curious why.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What positions? DE? This is a shit draft for DE. How about S? Not exactly a good draft for that.

Ot's, Im not passing on Morgan to draft a center. LB, Im not passing on Chop to draft a center. Wr's, Im not passing on Legeet or Ladd to draft a center. If its an oline man who can play OG, C and OT then yes, I can see that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there something in particular you like about stromberg?

What about Andre Jones?
If he was written off by posters, would that bother you?

You are defending stromberg quite a bit and curious why.

Not at all. Im considering draft status. Just want to see the guy get a fair chance. IF he stinks, he stinks. The we move on. Would you like the signing of Morse?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ot's, Im not passing on Morgan to draft a center. LB, Im not passing on Chop to draft a center. Wr's, Im not passing on Legeet or Ladd to draft a center. If its an oline man who can play OG, C and OT then yes, I can see that.
Many drafts have Morgan and Chop going in round one.

I pass on Ladd in a heart beat.

There is not a draftee that can play all positions on the line.

People like you are how we end up with Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas in the same draft.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Im considering draft status. Just want to see the guy get a fair chance. IF he stinks, he stinks. The we move on. Would you like the signing of Morse?
So it's the fact that he was a third round pick that is why you are defending him?

I would go for a younger center than morse.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People like you are how we end up with Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas in the same draft.
I had a Malcom Kelly jersey...lol

I sold it after he got injured for the 1,000 time.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you would take Chop over JPj?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cmon now. Ive seen them in the 2nd. What wrong with Ladd? good route runner and has speed. His draft stock went up after the combine. I thought the Duke guy can. They said he played everywhere.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's the fact that he was a third round pick that is why you are defending him?

I would go for a younger center than morse.

that and i dont think we saw his full potential in a injury riddled season.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like liked Kelly too.
Dude was so good at oklahoma and glided down the field.

Read an article about his dad or coach teaching him to catch with his hands instead of arm or body catch. Apparently he would do push ups or run if he didn't catch the ball with his hands.

I have heard of push ups if you drop a pass, but I guess he had to catch it with his hands or he was punished.

It was something like that.

Regardless, he never could stay healthy. Sad..

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon now. Ive seen them in the 2nd. What wrong with Ladd? good route runner and has speed. His draft stock went up after the combine. I thought the Duke guy can. They said he played everywhere.

Nothing is wrong with Ladd…he just doesn’t warrant a high second pick..you are afraid of wring off Stromberg but aren’t you writing off a WR?

Barton played T at Duke but he is expected to transition inside because he lacks length.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is wrong with Ladd…he just doesn’t warrant a high second pick..you are afraid of wring off Stromberg but aren’t you writing off a WR?

Barton played T at Duke but he is expected to transition inside because he lacks length.

How am i writing off WR? Im assuming, we don't sign back Samuel. I think Ladd goes high 2nd round in a deep WR class. Do you have him in the 2nd? Barton also played C and OG. He is verstile that is why his stock is so high.