• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season thread 2024, new regime

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its foolish not to take a player who can replace stromberg just because he is a 3rd rounder . no one is writing anyone off however the idea of building a contender is not to make a huge question mark the center piece of your plan . and if a center is the BPA at a particular round i am taking the BPA

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is writing him off.

I just don't think anyone thinks he could or should start like you do.

Starting stromberg at center with a rookie qb makes no sense. Keim seems to agree.

We need a top notch center to call out protection schemes and help the rookie qb out. It's a cerebral position and experience helps. Stromberg would essentially be a rookie trying to guide and help a rookie.

If stromberg was a generational talent, maybe. But coming off an injury, he might be a back up if he outplays everyone else.

I think you are going to be disappointed with peters approach to the team.

already said i agree in bringing in a vet center to start. I disagree with drafting another center in the 2nd round of the draft.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its foolish not to take a player who can replace stromberg just because he is a 3rd rounder . no one is writing anyone off however the idea of building a contender is not to make a huge question mark the center piece of your plan . and if a center is the BPA at a particular round i am taking the BPA

even if we sign a vet center in FA? That was my whole point. If we sign a vet center in FA why would you draft another one in the 2nd round? We already have Stromberg. There are plenty of other holes that could be addressed on this team in the 2nd round.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if we sign a vet center in FA? That was my whole point. If we sign a vet center in FA why would you draft another one in the 2nd round? We already have Stromberg. There are plenty of other holes that could be addressed on this team in the 2nd round.

So you sign a vet center early in FA, and you have Stromberg as your backup…what do you do next year about center? Maybe next year, the center class is extremely weak. Why would you pass on a guy that can be PB caliber for the next decade, for a guy who is a one year rental and HOPE Stromberg doesn’t suck? One more question regarding this…why can’t Stromberg simply play G?

There are a lot of guys I am interested in round 2…
T- Jordan Morgan
C- JPJ
WR- Worthy, Thomas, Legette…and more
DE- Robinson
LB- Wilson

We only have 2 picks in the 2nd…every one of these guys fill a hole. You take the best player because some of these guys will bust.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you sign a vet center early in FA, and you have Stromberg as your backup…what do you do next year about center? Maybe next year, the center class is extremely weak. Why would you pass on a guy that can be PB caliber for the next decade, for a guy who is a one year rental and HOPE Stromberg doesn’t suck? One more question regarding this…why can’t Stromberg simply play G?

There are a lot of guys I am interested in round 2…
T- Jordan Morgan
C- JPJ
WR- Worthy, Thomas, Legette…and more
DE- Robinson
LB- Wilson

We only have 2 picks in the 2nd…every one of these guys fill a hole. You take the best player because some of these guys will bust.

i agree with your list. I would draft those guys instead of center in the 2nd round. Sure, if Stromberg can play OG that changes things. Say we sign Morse at center from the Bills, I think they are looking at least a 2-year window for him. If they take a center high 2nd round that would mean they already written off Stromberg as a center if Morse is signed. Stromberg would have to play OG to stick around.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with your list. I would draft those guys instead of center in the 2nd round. Sure, if Stromberg can play OG that changes things. Say we sign Morse at center from the Bills, I think they are looking at least a 2-year window for him. If they take a center high 2nd round that would mean they already written off Stromberg as a center if Morse is signed. Stromberg would have to play OG to stick around.

Did you not see JPJ on the list?

So they sign Morse in a two year window, hypothetically. Why can’t the center they draft play G? Almost every center can play guard. Stromberg is an afterthought in all of this. You don’t pass up a ten year AP for a guy you hope can play but has shown nothing to support the idea that he can in fact play.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see JPJ on the list?

So they sign Morse in a two year window, hypothetically. Why can’t the center they draft play G? Almost every center can play guard. Stromberg is an afterthought in all of this. You don’t pass up a ten year AP for a guy you hope can play but has shown nothing to support the idea that he can in fact play.

I have no problem taking an OG. If Stromberg is an afterthought, then he is already written off. The Duke guy Barton can play all positions. If they draft him, I will have no problem with that pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See post above ,

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don,t see peters going off the rails with the 75 mill free agency bucks.i think signing Morse would be smart tough.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morse would be a good singing. He is a good center.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in above post if center is the BPA in a PARTICULAR round I am drafting him . Stromberg can be a BU but just because he was a 3rd round pick from the previous failed regime , that failed particularly in the draft I am not marrried to him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in above post if center is the BPA in a PARTICULAR round I am drafting him . Stromberg can be a BU but just because he was a 3rd round pick from the previous failed regime , that failed particularly in the draft I am not marrried to him

IF we sign Morse, I will look elsewhere. It should be BPA at a position of need. I'm not going through this again. Drafting a center in the 2nd round with the possible Morse signing writes off Stromberg as a center. You claim your not writing off draft picks. HA!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldnt you look for a younger option in FA if you go that route?

I think the team would want a vet center to go with the rookie QB. Hey i didnt realize the Oregon guy can play OG too.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we sign Morse, I will look elsewhere. It should be BPA at a position of need. I'm not going through this again. Drafting a center in the 2nd round with the possible Morse signing writes off Stromberg as a center. You claim your not writing off draft picks. HA!

If you sign a guy like Morse, it is still a position of need.

He would be a short term option and we won’t be competing for Subs with him under contract.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team would want a vet center to go with the rookie QB. Hey i didnt realize the Oregon guy can play OG too.

So can Van Pran fro GA. Like I said, almost every center can play G.

There are plenty of veterans that are 26.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you sign a guy like Morse, it is still a position of need.

He would be a short term option and we won’t be competing for Subs with him under contract.

i disagree, if we sign Morse, center is not a position of need right now. I would go to other areas.