• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the draft being weak at ILB and safeties it is hard to figure what the plan is.
And relying on a rookie Mike is a recipe for disaster. It takes time for an ILB to learn the game.

We have zero off ball linebackers right now. That has to change before the draft

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And relying on a rookie Mike is a recipe for disaster. It takes time for an ILB to learn the game.

We have zero off ball linebackers right now. That has to change before the draft

If our plan is to go back to Cody Barton... I wont do it!!!! :gaah:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this many holes I can almost say Seattle will trade back for picks. There were players to be had but holding off from them is telling they're going for a full rebuild of the defense.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I will say, is I'm fine with us having a shortage of off ball linebackers and safeties....

We are fairly deep at OT (assuming Lucas is going to be okay), CB, WR, EDGE, DL at the moment. Those are all the expensive positions and ones you build a team around. IOL is getting some expense this season, but you can find these guys in mid rounds.. if you have a good DL the off ball LBer and S position are not as impacted... QB is something I could say is a need but we can push that out another year and in 2025 we'll have cap we don't know what to do with, at this rate.

You could argue we have the same DL returning this year as last year, but Hurtt let alone Carroll couldn't scheme crap... it was beyond embarrassing how they were running that DL.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could argue we have the same DL returning this year as last year, but Hurtt let alone Carroll couldn't scheme crap... it was beyond embarrassing how they were running that DL.
Losing Nwosu hurt a lot.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I will say, is I'm fine with us having a shortage of off ball linebackers and safeties....

We are fairly deep at OT (assuming Lucas is going to be okay), CB, WR, EDGE, DL at the moment. Those are all the expensive positions and ones you build a team around. IOL is getting some expense this season, but you can find these guys in mid rounds.. if you have a good DL the off ball LBer and S position are not as impacted... QB is something I could say is a need but we can push that out another year and in 2025 we'll have cap we don't know what to do with, at this rate.

I agree DL is more important then off the ball LBs and Safety and we all sure hope the new staff can scheme up a better defense then what we have had the last 6 years. However sort of feels like JS is handicapping the staff if he is filling those less important position with JAGS. As a matter of fact those positions played a important role in McDonalds defense with the Ravens. I'm just hoping there is a plan in place that won't mean downgrading when those positions are filled, surely JS has this figured out but it's not looking promising right now. Surprise us JS and I mean in a good way of course.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess they have their Dissly replacement.
Yea pretty much and I don’t think there’s such a thing as a bad 1 year deal. Unless of course you’re Greg Olsen.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pharoh Brown is a solid signing.

He was a pretty decent pass blocker last year, just had a couple terrible games (one against Baltimore no surprise). He was a pretty good receiving target last year though. 6-6, good size.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center,been in the league 5 years former UW player.

Seems like Oluwatimi is a good pass blocker but not as great at run blocking (according to PFF, but hard to look anywhere else for stats/rankings).

I wonder by resigning Fant (def. a receiver threat) if Seattle is going to drastically change their offense to be more passing oriented with all the weapons at receiver, the fact Charbs was underused as a receiver, and stay with the outside runs and less smashing K3 up the middle... :L

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you guys should want Chase Young. His time as a Niner left a lot to be desired and he knew he was playing for a new contract and yet he still didn't play all that well in SF.
after winning Roy and tearing his leg up in DC,good riddance.i never saw him in a 3 point stance in DC after.