• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw Lewis to the Panthers for 4yrs/53 that seems like a massive overpay.
Sure seems like it unless he steps it up which is a possibility. Prices at opening bell of free agency are always high. I thought Fant came at a inflated price tag but I guess the Seahawks really wanted to keep him. Williams wasn't cheap but thought he might of gone higher. Now got to wait for teams to run out of cap space then bargains hopefully can be had for those still with cap space and likely be some additional cap causalities. Chargers have Mack and Bosa one of which either gets traded (likely for peanuts) or get cut as a example.
Seahawks still need to fill more holes in free agency, a linebacker and a safety would be advisable but the price tags need to come down, a guard would be good also but the draft could be where the Seahawks will have to find one perhaps. Dang these prices have been expensive.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fine with Williams deal could even consider it a bit of a bargain, think Fant contract sounds a little rich but better to have a player on the roster at TE then have to find one in the draft.

Agreed. Fant was a little overpay but I think there's good potential there, he doesn't have an injury history like Dissly, and because Carroll - he was actually a VERY good pass blocker last year (I think Carroll forced him to learn, like he infamously did with Jimmy Graham who had zero business blocking).

I think with a new change of scenery Fant could breakout next year... and it's a 2 year contract so if he doesn't, move on in 2025. Given what Parkinson got (ridiculous lol), I'd much rather have Fant. I always like Dissly but 3 years $14M for how often he's sidelined or not healthy? No thanks.

Williams signing was fine. It wasn't a SUPER A+ bargain, but still a good contract, not by any means an overpay. Had it been like 3 years $50M or something, that would be an easy A+ no brainer.

Most of the guys we've let walk (Brooks, Parkinson, Lewis (lol at that signing - I get the Panthers are desperate to not have Young set an NFL record in sacks taken though lol), and Dissly) - while they had some good things about them, the contracts each of them have been given I'd want no part of.

I didn't see much bargain bin deals yesterday. To your point I was shocked at some of the contracts being thrown out. I know the cap went up and will continue to go up, but dayum....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the options at ILB are narrowing down. Queen got paid well so probably a good idea to pass on him but I would hope Seahawks sign a ILB in free agency because the draft is really thin at ILB and safety and the those worth considering look like second rounders. I hoping the Seahawks sign Devin White feel he would be a good player to play at ILB.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough seeing Queen go somewhere else.

LB is looking rough right now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean after Williams/Fant, Seattle given the need to reserve about $15M for draft picks, injuries, and PS... really don't have THAT much cap room. We don't know the Lockett restructure yet... but given Fant/Williams will likely be -$20-25M and Lockett may save like... $15M... we're probably in the $30-35M range.

I think Queen at $13-14M per year is OKAY (maybe $10M this year) - I disagree with Walter that it's an A+, but I don't think we could've afforded it. Fant was a little questionable (I think 2 years $16M would've been better) but Williams serves a FAR more valuable position than off ball LBer.

Also, if MacDonald passed on Queen for that price, it makes me wonder if he really thinks Queen is worth that. I think Seattle will 100% go after Colson in this draft and find cheaper value once all these teams massively overspending run out of cap.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another safety off the board.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these players are dreaming dollar signs but think they likely have missed the boat as the cap space cash is drying up. Here's someone shooting for the moon:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing some one year deals happening several at safety. The latest one:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This player I thought might be Seahawks fall back plan B option for cheap, guess not:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm another fall back option off the board, but Devin White I think is still available.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little confused by what they are planning to do at LB at this point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little confused by what they are planning to do at LB at this point.
With the draft being weak at ILB and safeties it is hard to figure what the plan is.