• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks was incredibly average, honestly think they overpaid

They 100% overpaid....

Brooks was okay against the run (OKAY) but a HUGE liability in pass coverage and NOT a good pass rusher (despite his athleticism). Don't even get me started on the injuries.

I would've been OKAY with 3 years $21M (INCLUDING incentives). And even then with Brooks resigning I'd have zero faith he could actually hold up 17 games anyway... so you'd still have the same giant ass hole you did before.

I think it was smart Seattle just stayed put today (or at least up until now). All I saw was a bunch of teams grossly overpaying for a lot of positions today. Dissly and Parkinson? LMAO WHAT!? Don't even get me started on Burns which was the dumbest signing I've seen in recent memory.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well another rumored target off the board. I think it's probably smart not to get involved in the early spending frenzy, but at the same time it's a little painful.
Queen still out there.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard Williams stays

3yr 64.5mil
not sure what the upfront money is

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was expected for a 26 year old elite edge

Not elite by any means... This was a massive overpay and one of the dumbest contracts let alone trades today, to a team that is nowhere NEAR competing for the playoffs let alone division.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. As was bringing back Fant.

Not that upset about losing Brooks. Good but not great player with injury issues
I like Fant, glad he's back.

Losing Brooks is fine. Surprised he went to Miami as Dallas was a heavy rumor.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine with Fant coming back. He's got a WAY higher talent ceiling than Dissly or Parkinson which were two of the dumbest signings today.

For Brooks.. the guy was okay against the run (which we were horrible defending anyway), is injury prone (now), is one of the worst coverage ILBs in the league, and offers nothing on the pass rush. Goodbye... a bust draft pick, Miami will get to enjoy teams routinely passing over the middle of the field next year assuming Brooks even sees the field (health).

Williams... I'll give this a B. You're going to have to pay a bit more for him given a new scheme/head coach... a 3 year $50M would've been an A... 3 year $62M is a little steep. It's not bad by any stretch, but I think our hand was a little forced on this. Nice to see the 2nd round pick we spent sticking around though. I'll be very interested to see the contract details on this.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine with Fant coming back. He's got a WAY higher talent ceiling than Dissly or Parkinson which were two of the dumbest signings today.

For Brooks.. the guy was okay against the run (which we were horrible defending anyway), is injury prone (now), is one of the worst coverage ILBs in the league, and offers nothing on the pass rush. Goodbye... a bust draft pick, Miami will get to enjoy teams routinely passing over the middle of the field next year assuming Brooks even sees the field (health).

Williams... I'll give this a B. You're going to have to pay a bit more for him given a new scheme/head coach... a 3 year $50M would've been an A... 3 year $62M is a little steep. It's not bad by any stretch, but I think our hand was a little forced on this. Nice to see the 2nd round pick we spent sticking around though. I'll be very interested to see the contract details on this.
I think you have wildly unrealistic expectations on contracts. The Williams contract was, if anything, a good deal. He probably gets a little more somewhere else if he really wanted

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have wildly unrealistic expectations on contracts. The Williams contract was, if anything, a good deal. He probably gets a little more somewhere else if he really wanted

I would still consider a B grade a good deal... wildly unrealistic expectations of contracts? Wildly unrealistic expectations would be saying we should've signed Williams to a 3 year $30M and Noah Fant to a 1 year $5M.... I'm still fairly in the realm of reality here... I guess what you're saying is you're just handing out A grades all over the place?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the cap being 15mil higher than expected, a slight over pay is probably best than him testing FA and another team swooping in with a higher amount.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cap being 15mil higher than expected, a slight over pay is probably best than him testing FA and another team swooping in with a higher amount.

Yah, I think it was a good signing. Leonard Williams is definitely a baller... he did great things for us last year. I can't give it an A or A+ grade because it's not a bargain contract, but I think it's fair. It's a SOLID signing, and a SOLID signing gets a B from my end.

It definitely fills a need, because if we let Williams go that front 7 is lookin' scarily thin.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fine with Williams deal could even consider it a bit of a bargain, think Fant contract sounds a little rich but better to have a player on the roster at TE then have to find one in the draft.