• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NY Mets @ Pitt. Pirates (6/26-6/29)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITTSBURGH -- Dillon Gee's next rehab start will come with the Brooklyn Cyclones on Sunday at MCU Park against the Staten Island Yankees.

Gee, on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle on his right side, is expected to throw 30 warm-up pitches, then 55 in-game pitches. He likely will need one additional rehab start, upping his pitch count to 70-75 in-game. That means his earliest return to the Mets rotation could come July 9.

Gee's first rehab appearance came Tuesday in the Gulf Coast League. He tossed two scoreless innings, allowing one hit while striking out two, at Jupiter, Fla.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineups for the NY Mets & Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday at 7:05 p.m. at PNC Park.

i

Curtis Granderson, rf
Daniel Murphy, 2b
David Wright, 3b
Lucas Duda, 1b
Bobby Abreu, lf
Juan Lagares, cf
Travis d'Arnaud, c
Ruben Tejada, ss
Daisuke Matsuzaka, rhp

i

Gregory Polanco, rf
Josh Harrison, lf
Andrew McCutchen, cf
Neil Walker, 2b
Russell Martin, c
Ike Davis, 1b
Pedro Alvarez, 3b
Jordy Mercer, ss
Vance Worley, rhp

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapid Reaction: Pirates 5, Mets 2 - Mets Blog - ESPN New York

Arrrrrggghh
PITTSBURGH -- Daisuke Matsuzaka said he owed an apology to Travis d'Arnaud.

D'Arnaud had called for a fifth-inning changeup to Gregory Polanco with two runners in scoring position after a passed ball. Matsuzaka, changing goals from coaxing a double play to a strikeout after the runners advanced, shook off d'Arnaud and instead threw a slider.

The rookie Polanco delivered a three-run homer that proved the margin of victory as the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Mets, 5-2, Thursday at PNC Park.

"I didn't have my best stuff today, but I just wanted to fight through and just give it my all today," Matsuzaka said through an interpreter after allowing five runs on five hits and four walks in six innings. "Regarding that pitch, I actually shook off d'Arnaud. It ended up being a big mistake. I need to apologize to him about it. ... The result ended up being the worst possible result. It's really regretful."

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITTSBURGH -- New York Mets manager Terry Collins said he was unaware David Wright was bothered by a left shoulder issue until the captain confessed Friday that the pain had intensified in the series opener against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Collins said Wright, who originally injured the shoulder on a headfirst slide on June 12, still tried to talk the manager into letting him remain in Friday's lineup.

Collins would not allow that, knowing Wright blew out his right hamstring last season trying to play through a relatively minimal issue. Wright also played with a broken back for several weeks in 2011 before seeking a diagnosis.

"I think it's the best option," Collins said about holding Wright out and dispatching him to New York on Saturday for an MRI. "First of all, I absolutely salute him for coming in and saying something today. That's not David Wright, as you know, with what he did with the back a couple of years ago, with what he did last year with the leg, when he just plays through stuff. … He said, 'I don't want to do what I did with the leg, but can I try it anyway?' And I said, 'I don't think so.'"

The Mets had only Eric Young Jr. as a backup infielder Friday because Wilmer Flores was demoted before the series to make room for Juan Lagares' return from the disabled list. Collins said the team is prepared to continue playing down two infielders until there is a firm diagnosis on Wright. Flores is not eligible to return this quickly unless Wright lands on the disabled list.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• The Mets will wear uniforms from the Brooklyn Royal Giants on Saturday at PNC Park as the Pirates salute the ***** Leagues.

The Royal Giants played as an independent from 1905 to 1942 as a member of the National Association and Eastern Colored League.

mlb_e_giants11_200x300.jpg

Courtesy of New York Mets
Brooklyn Royal Giants uniform

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITTSBURGH--(6/28) -- Here are the lineups as the Mets face the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday at 4:05 p.m. at PNC Park.

David Wright (left shoulder) traveled to New York on Saturday and is not due to be examined until the afternoon.

Mets
Curtis Granderson, rf
Ruben Tejada, ss
Daniel Murphy, 2b
Lucas Duda, 1b
Eric Campbell, 3b
Kirk Nieuwenhuis, cf
Anthony Recker, c
Jonathon Niese, lhp
Eric Young Jr., lf

Pirates
Gregory Polanco, rf
Jordy Mercer, ss
Andrew McCutchen, cf
Gaby Sanchez, 1b
Josh Harrison, lf
Neil Walker, 2b
Pedro Alvarez, 3b
Chris Stewart, c
Gerrit Cole, rhp

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3